Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 20th November 2014, 19:05   #1
KridsVTR
L-plater

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR Mk2 2002
KridsVTR is on a distinguished road
Default Gas Suspension from Ebay

Ello all,

Just came across these on the old bay and wondered if anybody has had them fitted and what their thoughts are?

I'd like to lower my sax but I'm on a budget...these seem affordable but I'm thinking they would (for that price) be a load of old tosh!

Thanks
Kris
KridsVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 21:23   #2
johnnyg_vts
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
johnnyg_vts will become famous soon enoughjohnnyg_vts will become famous soon enough

Eh? Link will help..
johnnyg_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 22:18   #3
KridsVTR
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg_vts View Post
Eh? Link will help..
Blonde moment sorry!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=361102319458
Old 20th November 2014, 22:30   #4
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2 16'v Saxo vtr's
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jack_Norris is on a distinguished road

I'd avoid never heard of them before. For an extra £50 you could get a brand new apex set that are very good.

If your on a very tight budget you can get springs for £60 and fit them with your standard shocks and lower the rear beam and keep the standard dampers that are already there.
Jack_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 05:34   #5
KridsVTR
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Norris View Post
I'd avoid never heard of them before. For an extra £50 you could get a brand new apex set that are very good.

If your on a very tight budget you can get springs for £60 and fit them with your standard shocks and lower the rear beam and keep the standard dampers that are already there.
Fair enough, could you link me to the correct springs please? I'd like to lower 35/40 mm front and back.
Old 22nd November 2014, 04:58   #6
johnnyg_vts
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
johnnyg_vts will become famous soon enoughjohnnyg_vts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KridsVTR View Post
I'd wager they are junk. Unbranded. No one is proud enough to put their name on them.
johnnyg_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:45   #7
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Suspension is probably the most vital thing for me in making me enjoy a car. Get reading what other people have used, then figure from that your budget.

I've just moved a customer from some cheap european dampers to Bilsteins and Eibach Pro-Kit Springs and he says its transformed the car.
He was prepared to spend a fair bit of money but there is the Apex Kits that will lower 25mm or 50mm on the VTR.

As far as I am aware there is no kit that will lower the Saxo VTR and VTS 40mm. Maybe the Eibach Sportline will but I think its more like 45mm. I will explain...
When listing lowering amounts all suspension manufacturers list the maximum lowering.
You will have to look at what models these fit. Sportier models come lowered from the factory so when modified with the same springs do not drop as much. A base model that comes out the factory with more ground clearance than a 4x4 will drop a greater amount.

Check out our range of suspension kits. We are also on hand to help with any queries as we know these kits very well.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 15:45   #8
KridsVTR
L-plater

Thanks for that mate some useful info. In the end I want to get it right first time and then not have to worry about it again :-)

I'm liking the AP suspension kit. What kind of feedback have you had from these? And how long are they likely to be at that awesome price?
Old 22nd November 2014, 20:03   #9
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

not planning on changing our pricing this year. Its possible there will be a price change in the new year but we never know until the manufacturers send us 2015 pricing.

Its not been a massively popular kit for some reason so we have not had lots of customers feeding back but AP are massively popular for other cars and are owned by KW. KW have filtered down a lot of their technology into their cheaper brands.
Old 25th November 2014, 12:27   #10
KridsVTR
L-plater

How about the TA Technixs coilovers? Seems a bargain and I am very interested as I am on a budget.

Just wondering what the kit consists of as it doesn't state and would they fit my 2002 Mk2 VTR

Thanks
Kris
Old 25th November 2014, 12:59   #11
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

They are what they are, very cheap coilovers. Good for getting a car low, but if you enjoy driving a car hard then steer clear.