Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 14th December 2006, 18:53   #1
adam
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Two-Tone VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Default how much you paying?

right, i`v just joined the gym in rasmey, hunts and am going to be paying £37 a month for unlimited use of the gym, pool, astroturf, steam room and sauna`s. its a pretty decent gym wif tv`s in the treadmills, cross trainers and exercise bikes, and basically want to know how much you lot pay for being a member of your gym?
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 19:21   #2
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 106 GTI
Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!

the gym i go to doesnt have any of the fancy stuff, not even a changing room. its a pure steel room and i love it. its £4.50 a pop but when ur a member (£20 a year) u can just pay £11 a week and go all week as much as u like, u can do this monthly (not sure how much). £37 sounds pretty good though considering u get all of that, but do you have to pay a hefty anual price? im guessing so. thats how they get you! lol.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 20:14   #3
adam
Established Member

Car(s): Two-Tone VTS
adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

no mate, no annual price just the 37 a month
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 20:18   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

£80 a year.

Free gym, rental of sports hall. + fit lasses to stare at on the step machine.

Last edited by Barry123; 14th December 2006 at 20:27.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 20:19   #5
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!

Bargain then, how well equipped is the gym though? i went to a gym today with m8 as a one off, and it had all the saunder n stuff.. the gym was shocking, load of shit. few shitty machines, only freeweights were rubber dumbells. didnt even have bb's. i think the gym was more for running.
Old 14th December 2006, 20:30   #6
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

It has a running, rowing, cross trainer, step, cycling machines.

Machine weights, and a free weight room.

No wet stuff... sauna, steam room or pool.

Its got some hydraulic shite... which i havent used in a while... to be honest I havent been to the gym for bare time - curse those exams. I will be getting back in the new year naturally.

Last edited by Barry123; 14th December 2006 at 20:34.
Old 15th December 2006, 07:32   #7
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

i pay nought... lol but my members pay thousands! £5750 pa + 1500 joining fee to be exact, for a full membership!

WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 09:19   #8
starkie
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Black Saxo VTS
starkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura about

£36.50 A Month!

Not a bad Gym..
starkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 09:21   #9
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

£19 a month for a student at the brand new jjb gym, it has everything!

But you can only use it off peak, e.g weekdays 9-5

Thinking of joining with a mate but im lazy and poor
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 09:45   #10
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyVTR View Post
i pay nought... lol but my members pay thousands! £5750 pa + 1500 joining fee to be exact, for a full membership!
£5750 pw + 1500 , WTF???? who would pay that?
Old 15th December 2006, 12:21   #11
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Somebody who doesn't shop around would be my guess.

Last edited by Barry123; 15th December 2006 at 12:23.
Old 2nd January 2007, 18:58   #12
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

People who want a 5 star service who want to be part of the "Spa of the year" - Condinast magazine. they have access to horse riding on the grounds, clay pigeon shooting, and fly fishing, tennis courts, croquet, 20m pool with a vitality pool, lifestyle showers (scented showers with moodlighting!) relaxation rooms with heated fully adjustable beds, dried friut and fresh friut, natural friut drinks and water available complimentary and offerd to you! Crystal quartz sauna and Amrthyst steam rooms both in changing areas and pool side, 15 treatment rooms with Espa products and professional therapists, discount in Asprey store on site - (thats the queen jewellers) advanced techno gym kit, complementary bikes to take out, its teh place be if you want both total relaxation and a place to really work out at!!

The spa is situated in a grade 1 listed stable block, and the property has plenty of History like Henry the 8th meeting Catherine there......!

Plus the instructors are outstanding and can offer loads from 1-2-1 pilates to Sports therapy!!

Last edited by WestyVTR; 2nd January 2007 at 19:02.
WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 22:00   #13
grantsmith1985
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MKII VTR
grantsmith1985 will become famous soon enoughgrantsmith1985 will become famous soon enough

Mate I take it you have joined the Impressions in Ramsey, I go to the one in st ives, make a journey to there some point when you have the chance. Much bigger and new. also as a failry decent free weights room downstairs. I have also got the membership you have, although I think it is gone up to £39 a month or something like that.
Old 4th January 2007, 22:43   #14
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
lifestyle showers (scented showers with moodlighting!)!
lol that made me laugh.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 23:54   #15
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
People who want a 5 star service who want to be part of the "Spa of the year" - Condinast magazine. they have access to horse riding on the grounds, clay pigeon shooting, and fly fishing, tennis courts, croquet, 20m pool with a vitality pool, lifestyle showers (scented showers with moodlighting!) relaxation rooms with heated fully adjustable beds, dried friut and fresh friut, natural friut drinks and water available complimentary and offerd to you! Crystal quartz sauna and Amrthyst steam rooms both in changing areas and pool side, 15 treatment rooms with Espa products and professional therapists, discount in Asprey store on site - (thats the queen jewellers) advanced techno gym kit, complementary bikes to take out, its teh place be if you want both total relaxation and a place to really work out at!!

The spa is situated in a grade 1 listed stable block, and the property has plenty of History like Henry the 8th meeting Catherine there......!

Plus the instructors are outstanding and can offer loads from 1-2-1 pilates to Sports therapy!!
So its for rich fat people in other words
Old 5th January 2007, 03:31   #16
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

actually reading all that..

does it even have a gym?
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 06:42   #17
custom_vtr
Frequent Poster

custom_vtr has a spectacular aura aboutcustom_vtr has a spectacular aura aboutcustom_vtr has a spectacular aura about

to be honest,if i wanted to relax i'd stay home.if i wanted to work out i'd go to a normal everyday gym, non of this got to get a second mortgage out tackle lol
custom_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 08:29   #18
Japman
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region MemberNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Spam Wagon
Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!

£26 a month .Thats Gym sauna pool
Japman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 14:30   #19
vtrchris64
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Cup
vtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to behold

£30 a month at home or £18 a month at the uni gym.
vtrchris64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 19:20   #20
jay
Frequent Poster

Car(s): clio 172
jay is a name known to alljay is a name known to alljay is a name known to alljay is a name known to alljay is a name known to alljay is a name known to all

i pay £32.50 a month, its a 24hr gym in swindon
jay is offline   Reply With Quote