Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 16th May 2007, 17:40   #21
Tim_1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): corsa 1.2 Saxo VTR
Tim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud of

Any1 able to recommend a place to buy a decent buffering kit ? s[ent over an hour looking today at halfrauds B+Q and macsalvers
Tim_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 17:43   #22
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

best to get on ebay mate, you need a non ferrous kit or here

http://www.thepolishingshop.biz/?gcl...FSVOEAodmTPp3g

its bes to get a load of polishing wheels too, small ones if your doing VTR wheels the bigger ones are fine for VTS

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 19:28   #23
Tim_1
Frequent Poster

Tim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud of

thanks for the info predator ordering some now
Old 20th May 2007, 14:32   #24
Tim_1
Frequent Poster

hate to be a pain but i live pretty close to the coast so theres a lot of salt in the air will the wheels be likly to rust once the protective coat is taken off? or will the polish protect them. Dont want to be starting a new trend of rusty VTR rims
Old 20th May 2007, 14:35   #25
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

its alloy mate aka aluminium so no it wont rust, just will tarnish, i take my alloys off once a month to give them a good polish, but just use wheel wax to protect them, about 3 layers should do them

Old 20th May 2007, 16:17   #26
Tim_1
Frequent Poster

Nice ty for the info once again pred
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:26   #27
james_roxburgh123
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): citroen saxo vtr 1.6 8V mk2 & BMW 318ti compact
james_roxburgh123 is on a distinguished road

brilliant guide mate, i am just undergoing the improvement of my wheels!!!
james_roxburgh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 22:50   #28
pageybaby
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 180bhp starlet turbo
pageybaby is infamous around these partspageybaby is infamous around these partspageybaby is infamous around these partspageybaby is infamous around these partspageybaby is infamous around these partspageybaby is infamous around these parts
Default polished wheels

just started my vtr 1 wheel a time hard work but cant wait 4 the results!! how do u guys maintain the shine and keep them good??? thanks
pageybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 22:56   #29
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

i use poorboys wheel wax, put 3 layers on, i take them off and use the polishing wheel on the drill with some autosol, do that about once a month, or you can get them sealed up, something called zoop seal people have suggested in the past but costs around 100 pound

get some progress pictures up mate

Old 27th October 2007, 12:48   #30
gazzy9
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr 2003
gazzy9 is on a distinguished road

anyone got any pictures of the polished up vts wheels on there car?
gazzy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 15:49   #31
dan-iow
Infrequent Poster

dan-iow is on a distinguished road

just starting mine. i think im going to put a laquer on my finished surface tho which i noticed you didnt.would this be okay??

also whats the difference with a polishing wheel and buffering wheel? dont have either yet n need to get them
dan-iow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 23:46   #32
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-iow View Post
just starting mine. i think im going to put a laquer on my finished surface tho which i noticed you didnt.would this be okay??

also whats the difference with a polishing wheel and buffering wheel? dont have either yet n need to get them
you wont be able to laquer them mate, it wil just flake off as its a polished surface and has nothing to stick to

there is however a product called zoop seal, do a google search for it

polishing and buffing are basically the same mate

you need 3 types of mop

dry sissal = first one you use to remove deep scratches, use it with cutting compound
stitched = starts to polish it up and remove minor scratches, use with the finishing compound
loose = polishes the surface to a mirror finish, use with some autosol

seal the wheel with some wheel wax, about 3 layers/coats should do it

Last edited by Predator_R32; 27th October 2007 at 23:48.
Old 28th October 2007, 12:01   #33
dan-iow
Infrequent Poster

ah thats a big help, thanks mate.

any idea where i can get these from as the link above doesnt work. and what cutting compound do i need??

also when ppl have done this did they get a detailed sander as im thinking of getting a cheap one to save time. mainly because iv stripped paint and started sanding but my wheels have loads of tiny little indents like they have been sand blasted before so need to get past these blemishes
Old 28th October 2007, 12:38   #34
dan-iow
Infrequent Poster

is this one okay? altough it doesnt contain al the mops you mentioned.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-ALLOY-RIM-...QQcmdZViewItem

if not a link would be excellent
Old 28th October 2007, 14:32   #35
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

page dosnt work mate maybe a dremal
Old 28th October 2007, 16:59   #36
dan-iow
Infrequent Poster

the link does work, just tried it and im on a diff comp.

yeah i have a dremel for other parts of the job but the polishing wheels that come with them are miniture. i want a proper wheel polishing kit like the one in the link. just need someone to comfirm its a gd one to get and got everything i need.

got quite far with them now so going to need the polishing wheels and that soon, cant wait to see them
Old 28th October 2007, 20:21   #37
dan-iow
Infrequent Poster

anyone know? wan get this on order
Old 29th October 2007, 18:40   #38
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

go to http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/ and order a kit mate, you need a non ferrous one and get some more polishing wheels

Old 29th October 2007, 21:39   #39
dan-iow
Infrequent Poster

damm iv already ordered the one in the link. is it do able with the kit i got?? or is there anything i extra i will really need i should get??

iv got a couple of extra polishing wheels n that
Old 20th November 2007, 21:31   #40
stu-n-shell
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): posi blue desire vt lookalike
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
stu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud of

would this work on after market wheels
stu-n-shell is offline   Reply With Quote