Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 28th March 2007, 23:35   #1
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Push Button Engine Start Guide

2 Ways you can do this........... either buy a kit or buy a relay, wires and a button to start the engine

I choose the richbrook one, if you buy them seperate make sure you buy the right relay, the diagrams below will help you determine which one you need and can be bought from maplins i think

1) First of all disconnect the battery before starting and remove the surrounds round the steering coloumn by undoing the two torx screws

2) Mount your push button start were you want it, i choose the gear stick surround, the richbrook one had to be 19mm but i never had a drill bit that big do i drilled a hole with the biggest bit i had then used a dremel to sand away the plastic to fit the button, use the bezel you get in the kit as a template

3) Now its time to start wiring up, from the button there are 2 terminals one is for earth and one is to go to the relay, i used the earth were the electric windows are earthed but feel free to use any earth

4) Now wire up the relay like so :-

5) The ignition and starter wire are wired up like so, the blue wire is the starter and has 100 printed on it and the ignition is the brown wire which has CC01 printed on it, but use multimeter too just in case

Install an inline fuse on the wire going to the ignition with a 10 amp fuse and put it somewere that its easy to get to

6) You should now have it all wired up like so :-

7) Tape any bare wires up, attach the relay somewere it wont get knocked and screw in place

8) Replace the steering wheel surrounds and connect the battery back up and test

Hope this helps people for a cool gadget

*Also if your wanting both key and button to start the engine dont cut the blue wire just splice into it like the ignition wire

Just PM me if you wante me to make you up a kit of what you need, will work out cheaper than the kits, less hassle with a kit though all ready to go

Last edited by Predator_R32; 15th January 2009 at 13:51.
Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Predator_R32 For This Useful Post:
Old 29th March 2007, 00:10   #2
Saxo-Slag
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Vtr @ 123bhp R.I.P VTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Saxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant future

Should be a sticky. Maybe in the ice section though

Was Seanp06
Saxo-Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 00:15   #3
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah was wondering were it should go really could be engine could be ice could be interior lol

Old 29th March 2007, 00:18   #4
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Astra Turbo, saxo vts, punto turbo
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

looks good mate, would rep u but i gota spread the love

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
stevenet15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:58   #5
baronvontinkle
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTR
baronvontinkle can only hope to improve

Pred, does this get around the imobilisor chip in the key thingie?
baronvontinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:59   #6
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

it should do mate mine has no problems and i have a toad alarm as well as the immobiliser you still have to use the key to turn it to ignition then you press the button

Old 22nd April 2007, 23:00   #7
baronvontinkle
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTR
baronvontinkle can only hope to improve

aaahh i see. fast reply aswell lol
baronvontinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:59   #8
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

no problems mate

Last edited by Predator_R32; 23rd April 2007 at 00:13.
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:17   #9
k2thecsaxo
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Amazon Green Mk2 VTR Wicked Red Furio
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
k2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud of

nice mod that i really want to do, nice guide there buddy
Old 23rd April 2007, 22:46   #10
poncho
Infrequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): 1997, graphite grey vts.
poncho has a spectacular aura aboutponcho has a spectacular aura aboutponcho has a spectacular aura about

so pred i know this is wrong thread,but when u sound proffed your boot hw much deadening did you use and how many layers. once again sorry not the right thread
poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 23:39   #11
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

lol you can just pm me mate

Old 27th April 2007, 14:04   #12
GrantW
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): None...
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
4) Now wire up the relay like so :-

I didnt buy the same kit as you pred, but I got the same relay in the kit, but it seems to be wired differently.

On your diagram 87 goes to 85, then 85 goes to ignition, but mine has 2 separate leads, so what do i do with them?
Old 27th April 2007, 16:00   #13
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

right you need a little wire from the 87 to 85 , use piggyback connectors on 87 and 85 and a wire on them like this

just let me know if you dont get it, basically its a little switch inside and will start the car by switching it to the starter then once started it will go back to ignition if that makes any sense lol

Old 27th April 2007, 19:54   #14
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

I done my engine start button the other day,but i done it alot easy way without a relay.I just connected a wire to the blue wire coming of the ignition and connected another wire with a fuse on it the red wire off the ignition with the start button in the middle of the two wires connected to the blue and red ignition wires.Its alot easyer that way and its safe because im still using a fuse.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2007, 20:06   #15
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

hmmm not sure about that mate, everyone ive seen uses a relay

Old 27th April 2007, 21:15   #16
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

I know what you mean predator but it works and its alot quicker and easy this way plus its still got a fuse so its still safe.My mate had his like mine and it was fine with no problems.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2007, 21:49   #17
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

oh well then if it works

Old 3rd August 2007, 16:51   #18
luixi

luixi is on a distinguished road

hello, i buy a kit

is this

but the wires are this, and i don´t know what are the connection.

the wires don´t have 100 and CC01 printed on it!!!!

can hel me someone??

Shot at 2007-08-03

thanks
luixi
luixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:50   #19
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

have you got a multimeter mate???

you will have to find the wires with one

for the starter = put the multimeter on it, should be on 0 volts then start the car and it should jump to about 12 volts once started it will drop down to 0 volts again

for the ignition = if i remember correctly is should be on 12 volts once started and stay on 12 volts

Old 3rd August 2007, 21:48   #20
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

i like the idea of start buttons BUT my question is why?

turn the key once more and your engine starts (omg its a miracle lol)

to me its a waste of money cant honestly see the point in them as in dont give you extra bhp or better handling etc etc lol

but hey each to there own

nice place you put it aswell pred
thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote