Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2007, 13:48   #101
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard View Post
Whos is your system for then? If its not for you? Passengers? How often is there acully someone in your car with you? How much money did they give you towards your system?

The reason you can still talk is cuse your ear recives soudn from the front and side a lot better then it does from the rear! If your running a system so loud that you can not talk anyway then your going to be deaf in a few years!

A cars install does not need to be for compention to be made to sound good it should be done for listening pleasure!

I owned a pair of Kenwood HQ710s when I was 17. They did not sound that good at. Liek I have told people time and time again. Ovel is not a good shape for a speaker! Round is the optimum shape thats why 99% of speakers in the world are round! also with a coax speaker the mid and tweeter are sat in the middle of the cone that again blocks sound waves coming from the sub. Thats why components are better as there is nothing blocking the sounds path.

Yeah legs do get in the way of front speakers but at least the sound is in the right end of the car in the first place to create an image.

Having speakers firing towards the roof aint the best of ideas either!

As ICE companys go there are a lot better quaility speakers out there then Kenwood for the money also!
Car has nearly always got passengers in. My volume point is I can generate boot shaking bass and still talk. The listening pleasure is irrelevant as automotives aren't condusive for great sound and like I keep saying it's all about accurate bass 'for me.'

My 7x10's were the HQ718's, bigger power handling I think by 70 watt each? and the sub in my boot is small and it's wattage feed small, hence the reason for the 7x10's they provide the crunching nightclub style beats without being interfered with by the efficient JL sub that just handles the sub 60hz stuff better..

I wouldn't fancy 500 split watts of Component 60-100 hz!!!
Old 31st May 2007, 14:51   #102
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

cant wait to see what comes off better

Old 31st May 2007, 15:05   #103
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

We have to go on original RRP price to make it fair. Or if not someones can say well my mate bob gave me this, bert gave me this and Paul gave me this so all I spent was 37p on a bullet conector.

A £1250 budget for me is fine. I can create a very good system for that.

Have you actully got £1250 to pay me though and do you have a hat?

Remember the sig below mate MAX figures mean shit!

I would also be getting some mates who have there own cars aswell if there in yours all the time.

Last edited by DaveWard; 31st May 2007 at 15:08.
Old 31st May 2007, 15:10   #104
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

i think reciepts should be kept and shown to each other too

Old 31st May 2007, 15:42   #105
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

I think you'll never have a fair test....imo

Im a bass junkie and ill always opt for the wiper ratling sub over the feet tingling comps. As with someone who cruises to classic fm will choose the comps. Thats what i think anyway.

However, i have an open mind for a different view so i could be converted yet.

And also i think your both idiots for wanting to risk over 1200 quid, just to try prove a point. Why can't you have a 'friendly' bet of a quid and shake hands at the end of it, instead of getting your head crammed with a bat by the guy who just lost 1200 quid over the sake of how Mark Ronson sounds when your cruising down the M62.

Whoevers right or wrong, you should remember your both on this site for the same thing and should respect each others opinions.
Old 31st May 2007, 16:25   #106
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Thing is with that mate I know that the system I put together will sound loads better. But I will be putting the system together just for the point of this excercise. I am more then happy to gamble £1250 as I know I will win but to win I will have to spend the money in the first place. I can not afford to spend £1250 on a car audio system that I am never going to use. I can put that moeny towards doing the property up that I am on with at the minute. I dont fuck around with cars no more I realised years ago thats its a waste of time and money. But i am more then happy to make a few quid out of the excercise let people experance a good sounding system at the same time.
Old 31st May 2007, 16:34   #107
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

have to remember its not always about how loud it is, imo its about how clear it sounds, if its loud and distorted it sounds absolutely shite, thats why components provide a lot more of a crisper sound to any other kind of speaker can give

Old 31st May 2007, 16:41   #108
seat-craig
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon
seat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thing is with that mate I know that the system I put together will sound loads better. But I will be putting the system together just for the point of this excercise. I am more then happy to gamble £1250 as I know I will win but to win I will have to spend the money in the first place. I can not afford to spend £1250 on a car audio system that I am never going to use. I can put that moeny towards doing the property up that I am on with at the minute. I dont fuck around with cars no more I realised years ago thats its a waste of time and money. But i am more then happy to make a few quid out of the excercise let people experance a good sounding system at the same time.
where abouts are you from dave?
Old 31st May 2007, 16:41   #109
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
have to remember its not always about how loud it is, imo its about how clear it sounds, if its loud and distorted it sounds absolutely shite, thats why components provide a lot more of a crisper sound to any other kind of speaker can give
Yea, i couldnt turn up my comps too loud as the treble made me whince....

Dave - Well put.
Old 31st May 2007, 17:00   #110
CSVTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): '01 1.8T Audi S3
CSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team member

This entire arguament is a joke. Dave there is no point arguing, he thinks he is right therefore let him. At the end of the day we all know that competitions dedicated to audio like IASCA would never have any 6x9s, 7x10s featured in any competing car. Yes they may be found in competitions such as Max Power, but to be brutally honest they would not even qualify for IASCA.

Quote:
RRP probably about on its day £1,200, inc deck but Car audio has become cheaper since Alpine V12 ruled the roost.
When has Alpine been top of the market, the only products that they produce that are considered at the top are their head units. I am not saying they are shit, but their amp and speakers, compared to the likes Genesis, DLS, Audison, Boston, RE Audio, JL Audio (the list goes on), they are just not in the same league.

Quote:
I wouldn't fancy 500 split watts of Component 60-100 hz!!!
My Current Install

Becker Gran Prix 7993
2 x Genesis P1s Running...
2 x Genesis A30.01s
1 x Genesis P4 Running...
2 x Genesis A16.02 Mid Drivers
1 x Genesis P2 Running...
2 x Genesis A16.02 Tweeters

Seeing as you have been speaking in max wattage, I am guessing that you mean 500w max. So you are saying that components are not going to handle that sort of power. You would be lucky if 500w max power is any more than 200-250w RMS. As you can see from the list above I am putting near enough 500w RMS through my mids and tweeters combined and they love it.

To add to that I only spent a touch over £500 on all that except the head unit.

Quote:
It all cost me £488 on ebay and in car audio sales.

Free 2v head unit with car
Parcel shelf £80
7x10's £118
V12 Amp £120
Wiring £50
Sony XM amp £60
JL sub box £60

total max wattage just under 800, Alpine wattage so fairly accurate boasts.

...go louder with more acurate bass for £488 and I'd eat my hat.
Now to build a system that is both louder with better base for £488, I could do that easily.

1 x JBL GTO1201.1 (£199.99) Running...
2 x JBL GT4-12s (£39.99 Each)
1 x JBL GTO75.4 (£89.99) Running
1 x Rainbow SLX265 Components (£99.99)

There's a system for £470, all brand new. Make my own boxes, £20-30 on wiring, it would be far louder and clearer and if I went 2nd hand I could get all that for £300-350 if not cheaper.

That's 1,500w RMS, (not max power) in total for less than £500, now tell me yours will be louder.

CONCLUSION
If 7x10 speakers suit you better then fair enough, we are not trying to change your system, you did not come for help and it is not our place to tell you what is better for you. But do not go contradicting proven advice that has been given to others. All your explanations have been flawed and have no real ground.
Old 31st May 2007, 17:03   #111
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

well said

Old 31st May 2007, 19:08   #112
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

I have given up trying to steer people into spending their money more wisely.

I once had 6x9s, had a listen to a better system and have never looked back.

If people want to stick with what they think is best then thats their problem. I mean if everyone stuck with "the world is flat" then where the hell would we be? The world being flat was fine but people wanted to know better....

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 31st May 2007, 20:56   #113
nathb84
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR
nathb84 is on a distinguished road

i think some people just need to chill out, its only a car sound system after all.
Old 31st May 2007, 23:08   #114
RS_Matt
Established Member

RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We have to go on original RRP price to make it fair. Or if not someones can say well my mate bob gave me this, bert gave me this and Paul gave me this so all I spent was 37p on a bullet conector.

A £1250 budget for me is fine. I can create a very good system for that.

Have you actully got £1250 to pay me though and do you have a hat?

Remember the sig below mate MAX figures mean shit!

I would also be getting some mates who have there own cars aswell if there in yours all the time.
For £1,250 I won't be entertaining 7x10's lol!
Old 31st May 2007, 23:17   #115
RS_Matt
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSVTR View Post
This entire arguament is a joke. Dave there is no point arguing, he thinks he is right therefore let him. At the end of the day we all know that competitions dedicated to audio like IASCA would never have any 6x9s, 7x10s featured in any competing car. Yes they may be found in competitions such as Max Power, but to be brutally honest they would not even qualify for IASCA.

When has Alpine been top of the market, the only products that they produce that are considered at the top are their head units. I am not saying they are shit, but their amp and speakers, compared to the likes Genesis, DLS, Audison, Boston, RE Audio, JL Audio (the list goes on), they are just not in the same league.

My Current Install

Becker Gran Prix 7993
2 x Genesis P1s Running...
2 x Genesis A30.01s
1 x Genesis P4 Running...
2 x Genesis A16.02 Mid Drivers
1 x Genesis P2 Running...
2 x Genesis A16.02 Tweeters

Seeing as you have been speaking in max wattage, I am guessing that you mean 500w max. So you are saying that components are not going to handle that sort of power. You would be lucky if 500w max power is any more than 200-250w RMS. As you can see from the list above I am putting near enough 500w RMS through my mids and tweeters combined and they love it.

To add to that I only spent a touch over £500 on all that except the head unit.

Now to build a system that is both louder with better base for £488, I could do that easily.

1 x JBL GTO1201.1 (£199.99) Running...
2 x JBL GT4-12s (£39.99 Each)
1 x JBL GTO75.4 (£89.99) Running
1 x Rainbow SLX265 Components (£99.99)

There's a system for £470, all brand new. Make my own boxes, £20-30 on wiring, it would be far louder and clearer and if I went 2nd hand I could get all that for £300-350 if not cheaper.

That's 1,500w RMS, (not max power) in total for less than £500, now tell me yours will be louder.

CONCLUSION
If 7x10 speakers suit you better then fair enough, we are not trying to change your system, you did not come for help and it is not our place to tell you what is better for you. But do not go contradicting proven advice that has been given to others. All your explanations have been flawed and have no real ground.
My argument is:

A. not about sound quality
B. About space saving so 2x12's is a deffo no no.
c. Alpine V12 are still considered amongst the best amps by many top ICE users, go back several years and most Db competitors were using them.
d. do you have upgraded battery/alternator in your budget there mate? I guess that's some big juice to the subs.

I don't need to be told what system is best for what I require as nobody accepts what I require. I'm not giving advice but stating how a varient of a 6x9 speakers can be useful to certain demands. By all means get comps, they are just not for me at the moment and none of my explanations are flawed thanks.

My only advice if I had to give it to someone set in their ways about getting 6x9's is don't, get the big power handling bass giving Kenwood HQ-318 7x10's instead.

As for that JBL offering being louder with better bass, we'll see when the Deck is turned right up.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 31st May 2007 at 23:41.
Old 1st June 2007, 00:28   #116
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

this thread is going round in circles

Old 1st June 2007, 02:45   #117
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

Car(s): westcoast
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

the views and advice people should be taking are those that are from people who have once owned 6*9's. They have used both and therefore qualified to give advice. Never heard of anyone going from 6*9 to comps then going back to 6*9.
Old 1st June 2007, 09:32   #118
brianS
Established Member
South East Region Member

brianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nice

im fed up with this subject. have been for years.
Old 1st June 2007, 09:49   #119
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_jim View Post
the views and advice people should be taking are those that are from people who have once owned 6*9's. They have used both and therefore qualified to give advice. Never heard of anyone going from 6*9 to comps then going back to 6*9.
What about meeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes i have, binned the comps and got some 6x9's

but im hoping to listen to one of these mega systems, (listened to a mates boston S50's and dint like them either)
Old 1st June 2007, 11:28   #120
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

I still reckon that yoiu did not havew your system setup right.

Am still up for the challange MATT am more then happy to do it with just one sub. I never remember many db competititors using v12 amps and I was in to it big time about 6-7 years ago when they were out.

Last edited by DaveWard; 1st June 2007 at 11:30.
Closed Thread