Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 31st August 2007, 00:13   #21
Mike_08
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza WRX
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Mike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant future

What a guide nice one mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
You sir are a bloody legend!!!
Mike_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 16:24   #22
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome guide, getting close to getting mine, know doubt this guide will prove useful

Just a question about Xenon HID kit's melting the plastic, from what I've read HID kits actually draw less current and therfore emit less heat, infact Rimstyle sell a HID option with there angel eyes as well, so my question to you guys is there a proven case where by someone actually melted there angel eye by using a HID kit? Maybe even Garyvts of Rimstyle could confirm whether or not this is the case or not?

ManC
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 21:40   #23
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

Can you show me a link to the HID kit available for angel eyes??? there are stickers on the back of the unit saying NOT to use HID's....

They offer an Xenon bulb upgrade.. but not an HID kit as far as im aware...

Alex
Old 17th September 2007, 11:40   #24
manc
Established Member

manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Below is the link to rimstyles page with there HID kit

http://www.rimstyle.com/pages/produc..._vdx;id=VDXKIT

Keep us posted if you find out how/why angel eye headlights wont accomadate HID kits.

Thx,
ManC
Old 21st September 2007, 14:15   #25
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manc View Post
Below is the link to rimstyles page with there HID kit

http://www.rimstyle.com/pages/produc..._vdx;id=VDXKIT

Keep us posted if you find out how/why angel eye headlights wont accomadate HID kits.

Thx,
ManC
HID kits are too powerful to work with angel eyes.. i think they run at a higher temperature, and the lenses are not guaranteed to sustain the HID beam without cracking... there are stickers on both sets of angels i have received saying DO NOT USE HID KITS with these lights...

The only lighting upgrade you can do is to use the Xenon bulbs rather than the standard halogens..
Show on Rimstyle Here

The HID kit link you have shown is compatible with standard saxo headlights, but they have glass lenses.. mk2 angel eyes have plastic lenses...
The lenses on my angels cracked just using the standard halogens they came with lets hope this set lasts a bit longer!

Alex
Old 24th September 2007, 10:17   #26
manc
Established Member

Hi,

Having now received mine I can see there is a sticker on there saying "HID's NOT ALLOWED", you can interpret this in many ways, my interpretation is that they are now allowed on Saxo type vehicles rather than they can damage the headlight, I'm going to chance my luck and fit a set of hid's with these headlghts, shall keep you guys posted on whether or not they melt/crack the headlight.

ManC
Old 24th September 2007, 10:55   #27
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

Can you stick up 2 pics for me.. (I just wana look at something)
1) Lights on dipped beam
2) Lights on full beam

I presume dipped beam is the light in the outer rings and the full beam is the one in the inner rings.....

Chars...
Old 25th September 2007, 07:21   #28
GaryVTS
Infrequent Poster

GaryVTS will become famous soon enough

Hi

our VDX HID Kits are now at £129 and have been fitted inside Ultra angel eyes successfully with no problems at all. We can also do packages if you were looking to buy both together

Thanks
Gary
GaryVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 18:05   #29
PRICEY-VTS
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): jdm honda civic type-r
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
PRICEY-VTS has a spectacular aura aboutPRICEY-VTS has a spectacular aura aboutPRICEY-VTS has a spectacular aura about

great guide
Old 1st October 2007, 23:25   #30
smallman28
L-plater

smallman28 will become famous soon enoughsmallman28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioAL View Post

Alex
Is that normal dipped beam,what happens when full beam is on?
Do the outer larger lights come on at all?
smallman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 00:10   #31
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallman28 View Post
Is that normal dipped beam,what happens when full beam is on?
Do the outer larger lights come on at all?
That is with the normal headlights on... with full beam on the bulb in the outer ring lights up...

Hope that helps

Alex
Old 10th October 2007, 09:33   #32
smallman28
L-plater

smallman28 will become famous soon enoughsmallman28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioAL View Post
That is with the normal headlights on... with full beam on the bulb in the outer ring lights up...

Hope that helps

Alex
Thanks,got them and fitted them already
smallman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 11:03   #33
oz_bornep
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Octavia Estate - Silver Skoda Fabia VRS - L
oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!

so are your lights going swimmingly now mate?

Old 29th November 2007, 17:26   #34
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz_borne View Post
so are your lights going swimmingly now mate?

As far as im aware they are buddy

But im not actually driving my car... it's in Reading and being used and abused by my step dad while im at university in keele!

I read your thread the other day asking where's a good place to buy them from and i would thoroughly recommend using rimstyle.. they have awesome customer service.. and they were incredibly helpful when there was a problem and sorted it out very quickly...

Alex
Old 29th November 2007, 17:46   #35
oz_bornep
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!

nice one.
they're on their way mate. should be here monday!!!!

SEEEEXXY

Old 29th November 2007, 20:24   #36
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Awesome! did you go for silver on silver? think they will look shit hot

Shame about your crash/damage though

Alex
Old 29th November 2007, 21:17   #37
oz_bornep
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

silver on silver is the way forward

and a new bumper too....in more ways than one

Old 29th November 2007, 21:23   #38
VTRacer
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 westie, mk2 vtr
iTrader Score: 73 (99%)
VTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud of

top guide i used it

TEAM8V
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaryvtr View Post
Yeah Chris, because you have to pay girls to talk to you and your skint aren't you?
VTRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 13:05   #39
ragbmx
L-plater

ragbmx has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i hv a wicked red saxo with same style grill as urs! been toyin about angel eyes for a while now, now with seening this im going to order a set on thursday
ragbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 20:39   #40
Craigyyboi_Vts
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): GSI Vectra
Craigyyboi_Vts will become famous soon enoughCraigyyboi_Vts will become famous soon enough

this might sound daft but how do you adjust the height of the beam because it looks as if one of my beams is higher than the other one!!??
Craigyyboi_Vts is offline   Reply With Quote