Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd April 2015, 20:13   #61
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2 16'v Saxo vtr's
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jack_Norris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilkesy View Post
nice thread man, like to see someone else who isn't too mechanically savvy still doing great progress.
Thanks mate.

Got a couple weeks off from uni so came back home to sort a few bits out on the black one. Should be booking it in for a MOT next week so once thats sorted we can start on tidying it up again, and get it running 100%.

Got a quick pic of it on its new VTS wheels got 20mm spacers on the way too.
Jack_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 02:13   #62
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Looks very nice ...
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 18:09   #63
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

UPDATES, the black sax.

It runs sort of. The cutting out problems in low revs has been sorted by adjusting the tickover. However it still judders at times while driving along and at 3K ish revs it feels like its holding back but then corrects itself and starts to run smooth again. Not sure whats the cause of these problems but at least its an improvement from before.

Cosmetics wise theres a long list to get it back to its previous glory. We got the VTS alloys fitted they need a small refurb and got some 20mm spacers on the rear to get a nicer "stance"
Next step is to sort the boot badges, door badges, washer jets and ariel blank as the filler is starting to sink and look rubbish were it has been smoothed before. Not to mention the B pillar needs re-wrapping or painting.
Got a red rallye carpet to fit but it needs a good clean as well as a long list of other things such as headlights, rear lights, steering wheel to name a few.

Got a couple pics of its current state nothing too special but should have some more interesting updates in the upcoming weeks.

got the boot badges painted and fitted. Rear lights could do with a re-tint.

The silver VTR

Not too much has happened just a few picked up a set of flocked pillars and mirror adjusters and went back to the original door cards. Pretty much got the interior to how I want it maybe just the headlining needs a change in colour to match the rest. Also got my strut brace powder coated blue to tidy up the engine bay a bit.

Replaced the brakes on the front for fresh Mintex discs and pads.

Future plans are to fit my better condition vt kit that I got of Jigs in time for FCS. Also got a set of carbon mirrors to fit and get my widemouth refurbed.

Couple pics of its current state, not the best quality but you get the idea.

Thanks for looking
Old 10th April 2015, 21:51   #64
Badas

Car(s): Pug 106 1.5D, SAXO VTR, SKODA Fabia, GOLF MK5 1.9T
Badas is on a distinguished road

A question about the little cone filter in your VTR that you have on the oil breather pipe.

Won't you get a build up of oil inside or have it ooze out the filter onto your rocker cover?

Don't you also need some of that oil to actually go into your air intake to lube up the throttle body a little?

P.s. sorry if I have named parts wrong, i'm no mechanic but wanting to learn and considered doing a similar setup myself.

Cheers for any help.
Badas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2015, 17:30   #65
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
A question about the little cone filter in your VTR that you have on the oil breather pipe.

Won't you get a build up of oil inside or have it ooze out the filter onto your rocker cover?

Don't you also need some of that oil to actually go into your air intake to lube up the throttle body a little?

P.s. sorry if I have named parts wrong, i'm no mechanic but wanting to learn and considered doing a similar setup myself.

Cheers for any help.
I've had it like this since last september and haven't had any leaks/ drips. I noticed that the inner pipe on the hose was pretty filthy so I guess the slight oil vapour thats given off gets stuck in the piping.
I'm not that mechanically savvy either but I'm pretty sure the throttle body should be as clean as you can get it for better air flow.

I based this setup off of others as well so its a tried and tested setup.
Old 16th April 2015, 23:18   #66
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

While I'm back at uni my dad started on getting the interior out and fitting the carpet. Thought it would be quite a straight job but he unearthed a few more problems.

Taking the carpet off noticed both the footwells were very damp. After a bit more inspection they aren't too bad there is some surface rust around the floor plugs but its all still solid and no holes. So just a case of sanding down and re-painting to clear it all up.

Source of the dampness turned out to be the sunroof leaking. Explains why the A pillars that are wrapped in suede were also looking stained as well. Taking the headlining out he uncovered the bodge that had been done before.

After poking about to see what the soft parts were he was left with this.

As you can see it was pretty bad so we opted to fibreglass it. Would be better to cut and weld a plate in but we haven't got the tools for that yet. So this is a potential temporary solution if it gets worse.

Next step is to make sure that its all watertight and then tidy up the floor. Going to need a lick of paint and some fresh sound deadening.
Been tempted to get a predator ECU as well so that may be on the cards too.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Jack_Norris; 21st April 2015 at 13:49.
Old 18th April 2015, 17:41   #67
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Carpet fitted.

After sorting out the leaking problems and making sure the floor was all solid the interior got put back together with the red rallye carpet I bought from Dolby a couple months ago.

Seats now in and the new gearstick I got from Blackie so we could fit a new gear knob (old ones was glued on). Picked this up ages ago for a couple quid think its from a 306, a nice little touch will have to see how long it lasts for.

And a general interior shot. Got a set of black ABC pillars to fit at some point as the wrapped suede ones were worn out. Next on the list interior wise is a steering wheel most likely a OMP WRC.

Thanks for looking
Old 18th April 2015, 17:49   #68
Milney8989
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vts x2 Vauxhall Astra Ford mondeo workhorse
Milney8989 is on a distinguished road

If you need any parts I'm breaking a mk2 vts and not far from you
Milney8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 17:50   #69
Milney8989
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vts x2 Vauxhall Astra Ford mondeo workhorse
Milney8989 is on a distinguished road

Looking good mate nice progress
Milney8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015, 18:18   #70
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Predator ECU bought!

No real updates. Decided its best to get a standalone ecu to get it running to its best. Before it gets sent to the dyno for a re-map the cam ladders need re-sealing and the timing may need adjusting.

Should have some more interesting updates in the next few weeks.
Old 21st April 2015, 13:46   #71
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Predator ECU arrived. Atspeed booked.

So my predator ECU arrived thanks to Christian555. Also spoke to Atspeed today and its booked in for the 18th May for cam ladders re-sealing and the re-map.

Updates in a few weeks after its trip to Atspeed
Old 15th June 2015, 20:07   #72
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Updates, FCS prep recap.

Been a couple of months since I've updated the thread. Plan was to get the predator ECU mapped for the black saxo by Atspeed. Came into problems as the predator needed to be updated but the software I was using didn't register it so it still needs doing. Took it to Atspeed anyway to get the car checked over and turns out the cams were timed up properly and the cams seals were pretty good.

Turn out the throttle cable adjuster had been been screwed out the whole way so the throttle body was constantly opened what was making it run so poorly. Tightened it back up and now it runs much smoother. Still has a lumpy idle but thats more due to the PH3 cams than anything else. Still plan to get the predator sorted to get it running to its fullest but its much more reliable now.

So after that was sorted we started on making the black saxo look better in preparation for French car show. We did the following.
- Sorted the blowing exhaust. Fitted a silenced Magnex centre section found on Ebay for £20. No blows now but its quite quiet now.
- Painted the VTS alloys white.
- Fitted Angel eye headlights.
- Resprayed the wing mirrors and grill
- Red inserts in the fog lights
- Plastic guard behind the bumper painted red
- Door pillars wrapped matte black
- BMC CDA fitted with red silicone hoses
- OMP strut brace powder coated red

Haven't done much to the silver VTR fitted my carbon mirrors that I've had for a while and a better condition VT kit off of Jigs old saxo.

Heres a couple pics of the progress and some from FCS.

Some from the show.

Couple pics I've pinched off John G (Prickle).

Thanks for looking.
Old 26th September 2015, 13:49   #73
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Updates and accidents.

Quick update as not much has changed since FCS.

My silver VTR was in a crash yesterday with a motorbike so I'm now waiting on insurance to see what happens next.

On the other hand the black 16'd VTR is running pretty good now after we fitted a new Lambda sensor. Still haven't got around to sorting the predator ecu.
Old 26th September 2015, 16:12   #74
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Unfortunate about the accident, hope the bikers alright as well. I imagine it may well be a write off/buy back job through insurance, might work out quite well depending.
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 00:57   #75
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Realy like your black vts...
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 19:39   #76
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
Unfortunate about the accident, hope the bikers alright as well. I imagine it may well be a write off/buy back job through insurance, might work out quite well depending.
Yeah the biker was okay as far as I'm aware. Just some bruises. Most likely will end up as a write off and buying the car back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxokid100 View Post
Realy like your black vts...
Thanks mate.

Had a quick tidy up session on the Saxo today so it was drivable. Wing had to be bent back so the arch would clip in. The scuffs on the bumper polished out so thats good as it took a while to find mint panels (came of Jigs old saxo). Only the door and wing need replacing the rest has came out okay.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_Norris For This Useful Post:
Old 10th November 2016, 00:11   #77
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Update one year on.

Thought I'd update the thread for those that still use this forum.

After the accident I sourced a new drivers wing and door. Swapped them over and didn't do much with the car for several months. Picture of it at French car show 2016.

With Trax 2016 coming up I wanted to get a few things sorted before the show. I managed to source a splitter think its a RGM splitter iirc. It wasn't a straight forward job to fit ended up making brackets and glueing it on but with some tweaking it fitted pretty good. I also took it to Dub customs to get my roof wrapped gloss black.
Couple pictures at Trax 2016.

The next show coming up was the PFC end of season expo and wanted to get a few bigger things done to finish off the year. I've wanted to change my wheels but was undecided on going for "performance" wheels or something a bit different. In the end I went for banded steels in gloss black dimensions are 7.5 J front and 8 J rears. Also my rear beam was on its way out so I replaced it with a new one along with gaz rear shocks and poly bushes.

And lastly my old flocked dash was starting to get tatty so I got a new one. It's miles better really brings the interior all together.

My plans now are to go for 8v turbo and I've set my deadline for French car show 2017 will get it started eary next year.
Old 10th November 2016, 09:24   #78
BUMMERS
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

BUMMERS is on a distinguished road

Nice one on the update!
BUMMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 22:51   #79
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

2017 update.

Had a change of plans on what to do next to my silver VTR. Clutch was starting to slip which turned into a buggered gearbox so instead of a new gearbox I bought a complete 3 plug 16V conversion instead.
Collected a few parts for it over the weeks Piper 4-1 mani and Direnzer alloy rad. Silicone hoses and it will also have a full service before it goes in this weekend.

Before that I've overhauled the front end with Gaz coilovers, 350lb springs, solid top mounts, new wishbones with powerflex poly bushes and a Satchell engineering lower brace when Kam racing get there finger out and deliver it.

Cosmetically I've bought and fitted a carbon S2000 spoiler and thats it for now.

Also bought the Team dynamics pro race 3's off Canary vtr on here not sure what to do with them yet.

Will update again at the weekend once the engine is in.
Old 17th March 2017, 18:42   #80
PETRKCZ

Car(s): 2000 Saxo VTS 1.6 16V 2001 Peugeot 607 3.0 V6
PETRKCZ is on a distinguished road

Hi, where did you buy this spoiler? It looks pretty good. I would like to buy this on my race Saxo. And maybe the splitter too.

Thanks, Petr.
PETRKCZ is offline   Reply With Quote