Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 13th January 2009, 10:52   #1
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold
Default RAM problems

Right got the XFX 790i Ultra SLi motherboard. Also have 4gb of OCZ-Platinum PC3-16000 2000mhz RAM.

The memory controller of the BIOS is picking it up as 1333mhz not 2000mhz. When i manually set the memory clock to 2000mhz it halots my system, thus having to do a jumper reset on the CMOS battery.

Any ideas?

Samvts where are you LOL

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 11:55   #2
dalecheesy
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Silver mk1 Saxo Vtr Vectra C derv
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to behold

Seems like you're not the only one having problems Marky

Cons: After speaking with OCZ tech support I was sort of let down. Not with the support fellow, but you have to read OCZ's fine print regarding this module set. 4GB kit and EPP 2.0 is not available. Plus, @ 2000MHz will not run stable with 790i Ultra SLI and Q9450 "Quad Core".

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227310

You could try increasing the ram voltage to 1.8v if your motherboard allows it.

Edit: As an update to my previous review, "Best Value In DDR3-2000," I am happy to report that I finally got this RAM working perfectly at the manufacturer's specifications: 9-9-9-28 @ 1.9v. I used both DIMMs on my EVGA 790i motherboard for 4GB at this speed

Last edited by dalecheesy; 13th January 2009 at 12:00.
dalecheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 12:08   #3
Stickyjam
Established Member

Stickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to all

will need more juice to run at that!
Stickyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 20:41   #4
MarkyG
Established Member

MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Ive got a 1000w PSU, by Thermaltake, and im running the Q9650 CPU (3ghz stock speed)

XFX told me personally that the ram would run fine in it, and at 2000mhz as it should. Have tried the voltage setting to 1.8v but no luck still!

Old 14th January 2009, 22:32   #5
alanrichie
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
alanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud of

why on earth are you linking him to new egg, that is USA store, but as he says 790i has compatability issues mate, get new board or ram <3
alanrichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 22:39   #6
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Its all about PSU efficienc dude, yo need a decent 12v rail rahr tan a high wattage figure. Alhough Tt are a decent brand so i'd trust the PSU to be pretty decent, if your mobo allows o to up the power to the ram it looks like thats the only way it be run stabily.

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 23:03   #7
dalecheesy
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Silver mk1 Saxo Vtr Vectra C derv
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanrichie View Post
why on earth are you linking him to new egg, that is USA store, but as he says 790i has compatability issues mate, get new board or ram <3
Coz if you'd took the time to read it theres people who have bought the same board and memory and have posted up their solutions to get it to run at 2000 and people having the same problem.
dalecheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 01:50   #8
MarkyG
Established Member

Yeah this psu i have has 3v and 4v 6/8 pin rails, all modular, plug in the power cable and then to the piece of hardware, less wires if i dont need them!

dalecheesy ---> read through all of that, had searched everything else but that prior to you posting the link. oh well, for nwo it runs shit hot, can play all my games at 1680x1050 at full spec, now that the GTX280 XXX Edition graphics card has just turned up (well about 7 hours ago!)