Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 1st July 2008, 10:58   #1
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold
Default Blue screen errors

Running an AMD AM2+ Phenom 9850 System with a 8800GT Nvidia Card, 160gb pri. hdd and 500gb slave. in a Gigabyte MA790FX-DQ6 Mobo with F5 BIOS revision. nothing overclocked at all

Getting a few bsod errors now and again regarding:

win32k.sys
fltmgr.dll

its saying change your graphics card, but to no avail can i get these screens to stop. tried GFX card, RAM, CPU and no luck

tried a number of things and have come to the conclusion that it must be my windows installation, as im running windows xp pro (yes a legit copy) and i get these errors in the 32-bit edition, now running the 64-bit editon i dont, surprise surprise, but half the games, programs i have wont load as they arent kushty with the 64-bit o/s side of things. and as for windows update in 64-bit XP Pro, it doesnt like windows update or running a 32-bit version of IE. Microshaft, you have definitely messed up this time!

Any ideas??? on the BSOD errors i mean!

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 11:37   #2
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

when it BSOD's next, can you write down the stop error number complete (and the IRQ info at top)
Old 1st July 2008, 17:20   #3
_Macca_
Regular Poster

Car(s): Posi Blue VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about

At a first glance if it's saying your Graphics card then have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

I mean properly remove all traces of Nvidia drivers then installing the latest drivers. Do this in safe mode just to make sure.

Also, a quick google search on fltmgr.dll is coming up with spyware etc etc.. Done a proper Virus and Spyware scan?

Make sure you've done a chkdsk aswell, this fixes alot of problems!
_Macca_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 21:31   #4
fisherposh
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): VTS
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
fisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like a driver issue bit its strange how it doesnt work in 32-bit but does in 64-but, usually its the other way round. Have you tried looking for some updated drivers for 32-bit?
fisherposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 19:08   #5
MarkyG
Established Member

MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

tried the lot, changing graphics card, clean installing the graphics card with updated drivers, in safe mode also.

ill get the error stop number and IRQ address when im home as im at the other halfs for the weekend.

also run a chkdsk and that has picked nothing up either!!

Old 6th July 2008, 23:51   #6
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

i'll have a look into what it is thats causing it when you whack up the info dude
Old 10th July 2008, 14:30   #7
MarkyG
Established Member

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to people, have been so busy with work I've forgotten to note the BSOD's.

Had one just a minute ago, concerning my RealTek HD Audio driver, but all is sorted now. It's the other ones that pop up from time to time.

Ive got photos of the one that has happened recently. Link is below.

click

I'm sure I will get a few more over the next week, so will keep you updated.

Cheers

Last edited by MarkyG; 11th July 2008 at 22:04.
Old 10th July 2008, 14:45   #8
MarkyG
Established Member

My Full PC spec is as follows:

QuadCore AMD Phenom Black Edition 9850, 2500 MHz (12.5 x 200)
Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 F5
Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2-800
NVIDIA XFX GeForce 8800 GT XXX Alpha Dog Edition 512mb GDDR3
HDD Drive 1: 160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II
HDD Drive 2: 500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II
Optical Drive 1: PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-215
Optical Drive 2: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D163B(16x/48x DVD-ROM)
Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard
Windows XP Media Centre Edition (with all Windows Updates applied)

This is what Everest Ultimate gave me. Although I originally thought I ordered PC2-8500 1066mhz RAM, not what Everest is picking up!

My order from OverClockers even said it was PC2-8500 I ordered on my order form. :O

Old 10th July 2008, 15:30   #9
MarkyG
Established Member

Have done an autodetect on the RAM in the mobo BIOS settings and its picking it up s DDR2-800, not 1066. So i think OC have a little explaining to do as to why I have RAM that is not what I ordered!!

Going to leave Passmark Burn In Test running whilst I am at work and will up the results later.

Old 10th July 2008, 17:26   #10
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum

rightt then. This error is related to server 2000 editions of windows. Yours however is XP media.

Are you receiving this error message randomly or when you try to start a program at all?
Old 10th July 2008, 19:21   #11
MarkyG
Established Member

Just randomly, no specific program sets it off. I sometimes get that error ive listed the link to as soon as windows 'Welcome' screen comes up. Almost instantly, quick flicker then the BSOD.

Have let the motherboard autodetect the RAM, picks it up as DDR2-800 RAM, am at work at the moment, but have Passmark BurnInTest running at home.

Old 11th July 2008, 00:00   #12
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum

right then dude, download the following program for me. use the setup to put it onto either a floppy disk or a cd and boot from that. It'll check your RAM for errors as this BSOD is caused by faulty RAM.

This could be part of the reason why your system is detecting it wrong...

http://www.memtest86.com/

if your going to put it on CD then download the ISO file. if your going to put it on floppy then download the Pre-compiled windows package. Full instructions are on the tech info page.

add me to MSN dude and i'll give you some more help if you need it
Old 11th July 2008, 22:01   #13
MarkyG
Established Member

this is the win32k.sys error i got about one minute ago, been waiting for this b*stard to turn up. had the RAM manually set to 1066mhz, somehow i'm thinking OC didnt send me the correct ones in April when i ordered them, although there are no stickers on them to tell me what they are, as OC have asked me to check for first!

click

Old 12th July 2008, 00:25   #14
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum

^^ right that is a conflict between XP service pack 1 and your display drivers. download and install updated ones or failing that uninstall your current drivers and install new ones.

Did you run the Memtest?

Whether OC sent you the wrong RAM is minor. I'm pretty sure you've got faulty RAM there. Your best in returning it (thats what i would do) say you've got the following problems with it and you want replacement (and correct RAM) under warranty!
Old 12th July 2008, 09:05   #15
MarkyG
Established Member

Yep memtest has been run and picks up no errors. have got the latest drivers installed for my 8800GT, didnt bother with the cd that came with it, just downloaded them direct from XFX.

Am contacting OC now about the RAM, as i tried it in another machine yesterday, on autodetect and it picks it up as 800mhz not 1066mhz, as the machine previously had 1066mhz in and it detects that fine!

Old 12th July 2008, 10:04   #16
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum

even if you have the latest drivers, uninstall an re-install them. It should fix the win32k.sys blue screen error.

Send the RAM back anyway dude as you've either been supplied the wrong RAM or thats faulty (or both even!)
Old 14th July 2008, 19:16   #17
MarkyG
Established Member

Tried, no luck

Have now tried swapping the RAM situ about. Had it in slot 2 and 4, constant problems with it manually set to 1066 in the BIOS, so tried 1 and 3, same problem. Tried slots 3+4, manually set to 1066 and no blue screens at all yet, constant burn in tests, benchmarking, stressing the system, nothing, seems to work fine, gave Crysis a bash and that handles lovely, *think* the problem is solved.

The only BSOD i havent had recently is regarding the fltmgr.sys file. Fingers crossed its sorted now

Old 16th July 2008, 00:49   #18
_Macca_
Regular Poster

Car(s): Posi Blue VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about

Good to hear mate!
_Macca_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 18:57   #19
MarkyG
Established Member

Fingers crossed just installing XP x64 to see how that runs, depending on that depends on whether i get Vista Ultimate x64 now. Hopefully all will run sweet

Old 16th July 2008, 19:23   #20
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Havnt read most of it TBH but try taking out a stick of ram or swapping the existing ones around. first place i go whenever i get a PC thats bluescreening. Not sure why but most seem to argue with other sticks of RAM even if they've been fine for years.

If that doesnt work, try a completely different hard drive with nothing on it and see if it lets you install an OS. Then you can suss out whether its a Driver or bit of hardware.