Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 25th October 2008, 14:28   #1
Sophie123
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!
Default 'Thanks' System.

Since the Rep system was being abused and has now been removed completely, how about a 'thanks' system???

My dad is a member on 'the Fiat Forum' and they use it on there.

Basically, when a member posts something you find useful, you 'thank' them.

On the Fiat Forum, there is a section below the post that got 'thanked' which has the usernames of the people who thanked the post, meaning if you 'thank' for no reason, it will be noticed.
Also, each member has a tally of how many times they have been thanked under their name, showing other members how useful they are to the forum.

I cant do any print screens of the fiat forum at the moment to show you guys exactly what it is i mean, but i can get some when i go home if anyone thinks they will be useful. =]
Sophie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 15:21   #2
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

zsoc have this.

i think the best system would be a combination on rep and thanks.

one that forces you to leave a reason.

Paul suggested it.

Since reps gone, those that would normally get neg repped to hell havent, as a result they are still on the site and just posting abuse.
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 17:19   #3
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Pointless in my opinion.

I personally don't think anything like that is needed on here, I prefer it as it is and I'm sure a lot of others do too.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 17:22   #4
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

they use this on money saving expert
simply indicates how many times the user has been thanked by another in how many posts
certainly would be useful for people that actually help others out with car advice
most rep is just for making people laugh or coming out with a witty comment
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 17:27   #5
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Not meaning to sound harsh, but who actually gives a shit about rep/thanks etc, end of the day the people with more points are always gonna be the ones on here day in day out whether they give out good help or not. theres no real point to it
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 17:30   #6
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
Not meaning to sound harsh, but who actually gives a shit about rep/thanks etc, end of the day the people with more points are always gonna be the ones on here day in day out whether they give out good help or not. theres no real point to it
as i said before
i prefer it without rep
people can say what they want now without offending a "big dog" and suffering a torrent of red dots because of it
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 17:33   #7
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxodan View Post
as i said before
i prefer it without rep
people can say what they want now without offending a "big dog" and suffering a torrent of red dots because of it
Agree with you both.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 18:24   #8
djrem
Saxperience Addict

djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Just have it in the actual areas that would need people trusting each other:

IE, all the saxo problem sections.

we dont need to thank people for general chat, web links, photos etc
Old 25th October 2008, 21:09   #9
chriswoodward
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 05 Mini Cooper S
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
chriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nice

have you not noticed the amount of text talk that has been happening since the rep system was removed, if i wnt 2 b spkn 2 lik diz then i will go down to the local park at 11 i dont expect it on here, but with no rep its free to happen
Old 25th October 2008, 22:35   #10
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswoodward View Post
have you not noticed the amount of text talk that has been happening since the rep system was removed, if i wnt 2 b spkn 2 lik diz then i will go down to the local park at 11 i dont expect it on here, but with no rep its free to happen
not really if members used the report button properly then mods will pick up on the user.
Old 25th October 2008, 22:39   #11
Giggz
Frequent Poster
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giggz is on a distinguished road

I don't think we need a rep/thank system now. After 2weeks on here i know who the good posters are and the ones who take the piss etc.
Old 25th October 2008, 22:41   #12
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

It took two weeks? IMO every forum needs something different to give it it's on identity, rep was Sax-Ps.
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 00:11   #13
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
not really if members used the report button properly then mods will pick up on the user.
hands up, ive been using that since.
Old 26th October 2008, 14:34   #14
Ferg
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Clio 197 Cup
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!

Agreed that the Rep system if it was used should only be in sections where you can actually help people ...
Old 26th October 2008, 17:00   #15
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

think it would be a good idea.

Then i will feel appreciated for the guides i do
Old 26th October 2008, 17:48   #16
Steveo-vts
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): VTS
Steveo-vts is infamous around these partsSteveo-vts is infamous around these parts

will this not end up like rep? ie e-penis
Steveo-vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 18:49   #17
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo-vts View Post
will this not end up like rep? ie e-penis
no, because your saying thanks.
Thats it lol

cant diss someone
Old 26th October 2008, 18:53   #18
badasssaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
badasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud ofbadasssaxo has much to be proud of

Would be nice to show your appreciation for good comments or answers to problems.
badasssaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badasssaxo For This Useful Post:
Old 26th October 2008, 18:59   #19
potatopete
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Audi A4
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!potatopete is a great team player!

Sounds like a reasonable idea.

Dont know if Sax-p needs anything like this or not tho. Seems to be doing fine since rep was taken off.
potatopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 20:06   #20
Sophie123
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!Sophie123 is absolutely fabulous!

I dont think some of the people in here actually understand what the 'thanks' system is though.

You cant give negative thanks, so it wouldnt be used to beat down new members.

And 'e-penis' doesnt come into it either, because everyone can see who 'thanked' who for what post, therefore eliminating abuse.

I think it would be useful because then there is some kind of indicator as to which members are actually helpful.
Sophie123 is offline   Reply With Quote