Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 1st November 2011, 13:08   #1
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold
Default Netgear DGN2000 and XBox 360?

Does anyone else have a Netgear DGN2000 Wireless ADSL modem router?

I just bought one and my XBox doesnt even pick up the wireless signal let alone when it does (periodically) it says i cannot connect to XBL!

Any help?

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 17:21   #2
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

Power the router off and on, see how you get on and perhaps you could move it closer to the xbox m8 (if it isnt close enough already) ?

I know a few people who game wirelessly and have trouble. I am myself but my router is 6 foot away from my xbox whilst my pc is directly connected so ive had no trouble at all.

EDIT: and ive only got a little cheap 802.11G Belkin router. Connects to my 360 slim perfect !
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho

Last edited by Carlvtr88; 1st November 2011 at 17:31.
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 18:17   #3
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

You're better off grabbing a 25 m Cat5 cable and connecting your xbox directly to the router dude. With the netgears you'll have to open several ports for XBL to work properly I've got one and they're a pain in the arse.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:03   #4
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry123 View Post
You're better off grabbing a 25 m Cat5 cable and connecting your xbox directly to the router dude. With the netgears you'll have to open several ports for XBL to work properly I've got one and they're a pain in the arse.
True - As above, good advice. Grab yourself a long cat5 cable RJ45 on each end, bobs your uncle. Directly connected is always going to be more reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 09:20   #5
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

My router is about 4 metres away from my XBox Slim, but the XBox periodically picks up the Netgears signal, even though it is a N class router! Done all my port opening and forwarding and still nothing!

Decided to hook up my old Linksys WAG200G and the wireless signal is strong and works perfectly with the XBox! Think the netgear is now going to be sold. Waste of money! Had problems with Netgear before and wish I had stayed away from them haha!

Cant really be done with cables going everywhere as I wont be able to close my bedroom door. With my old Wireless G Linksys and a 14mb connection it seems to run perfectly again though!

Cheers for the advice guys!

Anyone want to buy a Netgear DGN2000 ADSL Router? lol

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote