Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 1st February 2010, 21:17   #21
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

god dam it!!!!!!!

all it needs is to be set up so its like the PM box. comments you dont like you tick them off go to the bottom of your progress thread select delete click ok and wala comments deleted!

its not rocket science you know hahaha

that alone is moderating your own progress thread in a very easy and manageable fashion that a monkey could most probs learn how to do it!

plus it gives the desired effect that a member can control exactly what they see in THERE progress thread! if you choose not to delete horrible comments then thats upto you but if you do like to keep your progress thread looking clean and tidy then you so can do that to. its called moderating lmao.

that is basicly all the progress thread section needs, its just how to incorporate it into the system.
thank you mr skyline man
Old 1st February 2010, 21:19   #22
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

I think it's a good idea - just condensed my progress thread into 10 blogs.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:21   #23
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

It's a good idea but it just doesn't work. And you can't say i haven't tried.....

90% of the users on here can't even spell or think logically so don't expect them to bother using blogs...
Old 1st February 2010, 21:26   #24
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
your not getting the point here buddy.

I signed up to be a premium member a while back to help the cause as I had a saxo at the time. I dont need to do it now as I know whats in the premium area. how to guides, your own general chat area and so on (somethings might have changed since then) BUT! I should not have to pay £10-15 just to have access to open a blog, I have facebook/myspace/bebo/even MSN page to do that and its free lol yes I know its only part and parcel of the premium membership!

paying for premium membership is all fine dont get me wrong as it keeps the boat afloat and running smoothly thats where the money gets sunk into along with merchandise.
thank you mr skyline man
Old 1st February 2010, 21:32   #25
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
It's a good idea but it just doesn't work. And you can't say i haven't tried.....

90% of the users on here can't even spell or think logically so don't expect them to bother using blogs...
agreed. even if you simo opend the blog section upto normal members (so they can post & manage there own material) it wont get used as much as its not really HIGHLIGHTED! the progress thread section which its not even called that but people still call it that, has become the norm and second nature and is found on near enought every forum on the net thast to do with motoring. be it progress thread or project/resturation project its still the same thing!
thank you mr skyline man
Old 1st February 2010, 21:48   #26
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

I think that i can still use the blog system? Don't think it's premium only. I can't delete the bastards which is quite annoying with them being about 2 years old lol
Old 1st February 2010, 21:53   #27
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
I think that i can still use the blog system? Don't think it's premium only. I can't delete the bastards which is quite annoying with them being about 2 years old lol
how do you start up a blog then Alex as I cant seem to find it lol I think I have even subscribed to some blogs but thats about it BAHAHAHA!
thank you mr skyline man
Old 1st February 2010, 21:58   #28
mtpagey
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Clio V6 #007 of 354
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
mtpagey is a jewel in the roughmtpagey is a jewel in the roughmtpagey is a jewel in the roughmtpagey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
same here, my progress thread wasnt long but just condensed it into one blog there.

It saves scrolling through all the "nice car" posts that appear cause lets face it, a lot of the time some version of those words are all that is posted
As if you ran out your house in the snow for that thing. I don't think I'd even run out my house if I saw a fiver flying up my path!?
Old 1st February 2010, 22:56   #29
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

My initial post talks of the possibility of opening the blogs up to non-Premium members. (although would have to gauge premium member opinion ) This post isnt to try to boost premium numbers - its to get some feedback about using the blog section as a self managed, organised progress section.

Self moderating the forum section... ie, your own threads. Not gonna happen, sorry. Best I can offer is a forum section where NO comments are allowed.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 1st February 2010, 23:02   #30
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
My initial post talks of the possibility of opening the blogs up to non-Premium members. (although would have to gauge premium member opinion )
No. It makes the list of premium benefits that bit smaller. Yes its only one thing but its one thing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Self moderating the forum section... ie, your own threads. Not gonna happen, sorry. Best I can offer is a forum section where NO comments are allowed.
Trial run for a select few?

Abuse you loose? Or is it just an arse to program that way?
Old 4th February 2010, 20:35   #31
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Was about to post in the suggestions section.

Can you remove postcount from the Saxo Photos aka Progress section?

I'm not fussed too much about all the generic comments (although it does annoy me sometimes when somebody has explained their plans and they still get asked!).

Some people just seem to use it as a +1 for quick access to the FS section.

One perfect example is is here:

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...181438&page=30

Now, if he had said 'looked lush mate, shame its been written off' it would be a different matter. It just looks like another generic comment and not even read the last few posts.

A custom 2 tone Saxo with a fucked strut doesn't 'look lush'
Closed Thread