Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 4th October 2010, 14:22   #301
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): I like Bikes now 👍🏻
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Maxamus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoMuffin View Post

Thank you sir!

We really do need a meet ASAP lol...
This is true !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Maxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 14:31   #302
Alexywhite
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR MK2 DC2 Integra Type R EP3 Civi
Alexywhite is on a distinguished road

Hi. First off, great thread!

However, i will be very interested to see how well that manifold for your bike bodies fits. I spent a while over summer (when i was bored) designing a inlet mani for our type heads (Spacing more or less 0-0-0-0).

My design uses the standard injectors, as they go into the head. But they caused me a bit of a space issue as it was quite hard to get a manifold design that would not foul the electronic injector rail and the engine mount nearest the drivers side.

If you have had to move anything or change the engine mount could you let me know?

I will be watching this thread with lots of interest!

Alex
Alexywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 18:38   #303
SaxoMuffin
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): iTB'd MK2 VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoMuffin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxamus View Post
This is true !!
Fancy a little trip to chisten the twingo to put it on the dyno lol I really want take my to K-Tec so I can compare it to your 'old' car lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexywhite View Post
Hi. First off, great thread!

However, i will be very interested to see how well that manifold for your bike bodies fits. I spent a while over summer (when i was bored) designing a inlet mani for our type heads (Spacing more or less 0-0-0-0).

My design uses the standard injectors, as they go into the head. But they caused me a bit of a space issue as it was quite hard to get a manifold design that would not foul the electronic injector rail and the engine mount nearest the drivers side.

If you have had to move anything or change the engine mount could you let me know?

I will be watching this thread with lots of interest!

Alex

Thanks mate, was you ever successful in making the manifold and do you have a progress thread I'd like a read if you do..

And when I purchased them I was assured I could maintain the OE fuel rail as I'n my eyes that's a much better location direct in the head...

But i'll keep you posted as it goes along and dont worry there will be a shed load of pictures as usual
SaxoMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 19:34   #304
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): I like Bikes now 👍🏻
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Maxamus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fancy a little trip to chisten the twingo to put it on the dyno lol I really want take my to K-Tec so I can compare it to your 'old' car lol
Sounds good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Maxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 19:48   #305
SaxoMuffin
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxamus View Post
Sounds good to me
Let's just hope it makes what it should

At least then you may be able to talk about the future of the car
Old 5th October 2010, 19:32   #306
Alexywhite
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR MK2 DC2 Integra Type R EP3 Civi
Alexywhite is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks mate, was you ever successful in making the manifold and do you have a progress thread I'd like a read if you do..

And when I purchased them I was assured I could maintain the OE fuel rail as I'n my eyes that's a much better location direct in the head...

But i'll keep you posted as it goes along and dont worry there will be a shed load of pictures as usual

I have what i think is a successful design. I designed the whole thing in Solidworks (I have a student copy, because i'm at uni) and then made some mock up parts from cardboard. Everything seemed to fit fine. My design made it so that you would have to relocate the horn and replace one of the engine mount studs with a bolt.

I dont have a progress thread, but i have designed every part for the inlet mani and reducers for a GSXR 1000 K7 bike body setup. I just really need to get round to getting it made.

I had another look at your manifold and it looks to me that it may foul on the electronic rail for the injectors. However, im sure that the guys that made it tested it to fit. Or i might have a different electronics rail than you.

Would it be possible for you to give me some rough measurements of your mani? I'll send you aan assembly drawing of my design if you would like to compare.

Cheers
Alex
Alexywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 22:15   #307
SaxoMuffin
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexywhite View Post
I have what i think is a successful design. I designed the whole thing in Solidworks (I have a student copy, because i'm at uni) and then made some mock up parts from cardboard. Everything seemed to fit fine. My design made it so that you would have to relocate the horn and replace one of the engine mount studs with a bolt.

I dont have a progress thread, but i have designed every part for the inlet mani and reducers for a GSXR 1000 K7 bike body setup. I just really need to get round to getting it made.

I had another look at your manifold and it looks to me that it may foul on the electronic rail for the injectors. However, im sure that the guys that made it tested it to fit. Or i might have a different electronics rail than you.

Would it be possible for you to give me some rough measurements of your mani? I'll send you aan assembly drawing of my design if you would like to compare.

Cheers
Alex
Sounds pretty cool, I was going to get my brother to design the mani as I wasn't sure with Colin made them for this engine but he did so I thought I'd save the hassle.

To be honest from the top of my head I can't see why you would have to change engine mount bolts as there isn't a mount no were near it is there? Same with the horn?! (May just be me being a tool)

Yeah I wouldn't mind if you let me know what measurements you would like...might be easier if you did forward me your design but mark up which measurements you would like

Cheers,
Wes
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:12   #308
H-Unwin
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): MK2 Saxo VTR 51 PLATE
H-Unwin is on a distinguished road

Just read through you whole thread, gota say your car is pretty epic. Looking forward to seeing it at Brands kinda makes me wana keep my 8v but the power-£ ratio of a VTS lump just seems so much more logical. Ill think about it...........
H-Unwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 15:16   #309
SaxoMuffin
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Unwin View Post
Just read through you whole thread, gota say your car is pretty epic. Looking forward to seeing it at Brands kinda makes me wana keep my 8v but the power-£ ratio of a VTS lump just seems so much more logical. Ill think about it...........
Thanks...will be good to meet up at Brands really looking forward to it. I'm hoping because I'm taking the car off the road at the end of November that everything will be done for Brands then you'll hopefully see what the 8v can do

I like to be different and as I've said in the thread I'm not aiming for power figures I'm aiming for something that gives me a huge smile every time I sit in it
Old 24th October 2010, 17:35   #310
H-Unwin
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Quote:
Thanks...will be good to meet up at Brands really looking forward to it. I'm hoping because I'm taking the car off the road at the end of November that everything will be done for Brands then you'll hopefully see what the 8v can do

I like to be different and as I've said in the thread I'm not aiming for power figures I'm aiming for something that gives me a huge smile every time I sit in it
Quality sounds good, ill be buzzing along then ill just hear your trumpets from behind and youll tear past me please done embarass me
At least your not all hung up on figures like some people (including me) i just want something that when a Merc of BMW pulls up next to me i can just pull away from them and wipe the smile, ahha
Old 24th October 2010, 18:50   #311
SaxoMuffin
Established Member

Quote:
Quality sounds good, ill be buzzing along then ill just hear your trumpets from behind and youll tear past me please done embarass me
At least your not all hung up on figures like some people (including me) i just want something that when a Merc of BMW pulls up next to me i can just pull away from them and wipe the smile, ahha
Haha I'll try and play nice

Yeah well what I would like to do is get the chasis/handling exactly how I want it with the throttle bodied engine then maybe in a year or so whack a 16v lump in and supercharge it...

It really would be nice to wipe the smile of a porsche boxster drivers face (I hate them the most)
Old 24th October 2010, 19:30   #312
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): bodied VTR
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
-shuggles- is on a distinguished road

Looks great mate building a bodied 8valve just now too

what kind of power are you after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo-Vtr View Post
I love shugs 8 valve of terror... I wish I had throttle bodies
-shuggles- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 21:24   #313
wesley-saxo
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): corsa sxi saxo
wesley-saxo is on a distinguished road

very nice motor mate
saw the first pics of what the chavs done
some people just got no respect for other peoples things
bet they was in a big group , but if its just one of them on there own they Sh*t themselfs!
wesley-saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 23:09   #314
H-Unwin
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Quote:
Haha I'll try and play nice

Yeah well what I would like to do is get the chasis/handling exactly how I want it with the throttle bodied engine then maybe in a year or so whack a 16v lump in and supercharge it...

It really would be nice to wipe the smile of a porsche boxster drivers face (I hate them the most)
Charged up ay? That will be mint. Don't think there's too many of them knocking around either, I'm just gonna go N/A as I like the idea of having 100+ HP per litre, I think it's really good if you can break through that mark on a N/A engine
Yeah I no what you mean about the boxsters, I had one next to me before with his girlfriend (showing off) and he pissed and shitted on me I didn't like it

Last edited by H-Unwin; 24th October 2010 at 23:11.
Old 25th October 2010, 09:36   #315
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

..Which is why when you know you can't win you drive normally, like you have the better car and then when the roads get twistier, you whack your foot down and drive like a loon lol. I overtook a boxster on the ring in the rain lol
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 12:54   #316
SaxoMuffin
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shuggles- View Post
Looks great mate building a bodied 8valve just now too

what kind of power are you after?
Cheers mate..

I'm hoping anywhere between 130-140 when complete but like I've said I'll be happy with anything as long as it puts a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley-saxo View Post
very nice motor mate
saw the first pics of what the chavs done
some people just got no respect for other peoples things
bet they was in a big group , but if its just one of them on there own they Sh*t themselfs!
Thank you yeah there bastards but meh it was way in the past lol

Quote:
Charged up ay? That will be mint. Don't think there's too many of them knocking around either, I'm just gonna go N/A as I like the idea of having 100+ HP per litre, I think it's really good if you can break through that mark on a N/A engine
Yeah I no what you mean about the boxsters, I had one next to me before with his girlfriend (showing off) and he pissed and shitted on me I didn't like it
Yeah if I have this throttle bodied for a while then decide I want more I'll aim for 250 at the wheels which will be fun to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
..Which is why when you know you can't win you drive normally, like you have the better car and then when the roads get twistier, you whack your foot down and drive like a loon lol. I overtook a boxster on the ring in the rain lol
Yeah it's exactly what it's like they get an erection for pulling away a huge ammount on the straight roads but I hug the back of their car on a twisty section I don't think they're too pleased lol
Old 25th October 2010, 13:02   #317
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Cheers mate..

I'm hoping anywhere between 130-140 when complete but like I've said I'll be happy with anything as long as it puts a smile on my face.
would make a fun car at that we will have to compare figures once mine is all finished too

Quote:
Old 25th October 2010, 15:36   #318
Docz2k9
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Megane Coupe 1.6 16v
Docz2k9 is on a distinguished road

Keep Up The Good Work Mate , Looks Fantastic!
Docz2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 18:21   #319
SaxoMuffin
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shuggles- View Post
would make a fun car at that we will have to compare figures once mine is all finished too
Yeah hopefully will be good i think the sound alone will be another for a smile..

What 8v are you throttle bodying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docz2k9 View Post
Keep Up The Good Work Mate , Looks Fantastic!
Thank you makes it all worth it
Old 25th October 2010, 18:28   #320
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Yeah hopefully will be good i think the sound alone will be another for a smile..

What 8v are you throttle bodying?

a single plug vtr, all the work has been done just needs a wiring loom,ecu and mapped

has a ported and polished head and stuff can remember when it was in an ax it sounded beautiful. I am updated my thread later fair bit of progress done today

Quote: