Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Closed Thread

Old 21st July 2014, 21:01   #1
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v Desire
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Tom5190 is on a distinguished road
Default richalgriff - Wiring loom splice

I would like to bring this into the open forum for my own sake as well as richalgriff.

The member in question asked me to provide him with a spliced loom, I received both of the engine looms no problem. However one of these looms was missing the chassis plug off the end, this means that the looms could only be spliced in one way.

Furthermore the wiring had been cut back quite a distance and therefore no wiring numbers were available. I charged the buyer an Extra £20 for my time as this meant that the wiring loom information I usually use was rendered useless in this case. The extra £20 was for the extra time needed to pin out each wire to its correct place. After waiting a while I received the extra money and the original amount of money no problem.

Parcel contained:

1 x 3 plug engine loom
1 x Single plug engine loom (missing the chassis plug, wiring cut too far back)

So I attached the chassis plug from the 3 plug loom, onto the single plug loom that was missing its chassis plug. Therefore the single plug loom could now be plugged into a 3-plug car.

After posting the loom back to richalgriff I received a message saying the splice was incorrect. Only at this point was I made aware that he wanted the splice doing the other way round. He wanted the chassis plug from the single plug loom (which wasn't supplied to me) putting onto the 3-plug loom so he could fit a 3-plug engine into his (I assume) single plug car.

He wants a full refund for the error, which I feel is not my fault what so ever, I was paid to carry out a service which I did. I received two looms that needed splicing, I spliced them and returned them.

I've made richalgriff aware of this and will only respond in this thread.

I'm not really sure were I stand with this, I don't feel comfortable giving a refund at all. I also don't know if the user is in fact using the loom and what I have supplied is what he needed. He paid with paypal and has raised a case to which I have responded.

Any feedback from mods is welcome as I'm looking for some input.

Cheers, Tom.
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:59   #2
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

If he supplied both looms, and one didn't have the chassis plug you would assume that he wanted it splicing the only way it could be spliced. If he also hasn't stated which way around he wanted it, then I don't see how it could be deemed as your fault. However didn't you ever ask what way he wanted? I know you could only do it one way, so suppose it didn't come into your mind to ask. I wouldn't offer a refund, you done what he asked, he supplied damaged goods meaning only done one way. As long as that loom works you done what was asked.
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:08   #3
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Do you have any in stock as it were, and how often do you shift them?

I'm wondering if it's worth him returning the loom that's no use to him, as you can sell it on, and sending him one the other way round?

Sounds like a bit of miscommunication at both ends, and perhaps like he didn't know what he was asking for also if he hasn't supplied the correct plug.

Either way, you've spent time providing a service, you need to be paid for that time.
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:55   #4
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v Desire
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Tom5190 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
If he supplied both looms, and one didn't have the chassis plug you would assume that he wanted it splicing the only way it could be spliced. If he also hasn't stated which way around he wanted it, then I don't see how it could be deemed as your fault. However didn't you ever ask what way he wanted? I know you could only do it one way, so suppose it didn't come into your mind to ask. I wouldn't offer a refund, you done what he asked, he supplied damaged goods meaning only done one way. As long as that loom works you done what was asked.
Yea I should of really double checked, I did ask originally which way it was supposed to go, the other thing that threw me and I guess I shouldn't of assumed was that he was putting a 3-plug 1.6 8v into a single plug car, which is pretty rare, in fact I don't think I've ever done a loom splice that allows a newer engine into an older car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
Do you have any in stock as it were, and how often do you shift them?

I'm wondering if it's worth him returning the loom that's no use to him, as you can sell it on, and sending him one the other way round?

Sounds like a bit of miscommunication at both ends, and perhaps like he didn't know what he was asking for also if he hasn't supplied the correct plug.

Either way, you've spent time providing a service, you need to be paid for that time.
I don't keep any looms really, and to be honest I've not been doing any were near as many recently.

If it was a common loom splice, i.e to fit a single plug 16v into a crossover or 3 plug car then I would happily accept it back and refund the money because I know its something I could sell on. The loom I did for him is very unlikely to sell 2nd hand.

Mods can close this now paypal case was resolved in my favour.
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:31   #5
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Well with the paypal resolution I'm pleased it's been worked out anyway. I'll close the thread
Closed Thread