Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 18th October 2007, 22:04   #1
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Astra Turbo, saxo vts, punto turbo
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Torsion Bar Lowering Guide

i know how u bitches love my guides so i have decided to make a torsion bar lowering guide, i will be making step by step animations showing u clearly exactly what to do. it wont be finished for a few weeks but here is a sneeky peek of a bit i have made so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenet15 View Post
these guides are good:

http://www.badgermotorsport.co.uk/lowering.htm

http://www.suzukituning.com/PSA/Suspension/Lowering.htm

and here is some info from me:

firstly take the shocks off so that the suspension arms dont have any pull on them apart from there own weight, then do measurements (measure from behind the hub to the bottom of the car & note measurments)

Then undo the ARB plate bolts so u can rotate the ARB out the way, next u need to remove all the torx bolts and offcenetered washers from both ends of both torsion bars

now get some WD40 and cokacola and plater it around the ends of the torsion bars and splines this will help eat into the rust and help free it off

then you can either try slide hammering the torsion bar out if its still seised in you can try the bolt and socket method as shown in the pic below (make sure that the bolt has at least 10-15mm in the torsion bar before pulling out or u will rip the threads)

socket and bolt method

if its still not budging then you can get a mate to hit the other side of the torsion bar with a 7lb lump hammer and a bar with you slide hammer or socket and bolt the other side, the pressure of both forces against the torsion bar normally frees it up

lump hammer and bar:

if its still not budging then u can use a blow torch to heat the ends around the torsion bar up as the metal expands it normally healts to break the seal of the rust and help free it up

also sometimes if u put a jack under the arm ur trying to remove the torsion bar from and jsut tkae it up a few mm it helps take a little weight off the torsion bar which can help it have less stress to come out. u can keep applying WD40/coke mixture throughout the different stages to try help it and just have to keep trying, they will give way eventually

once done and out measure and use a jack to hold the arm at the new height u want and then pop the torsion bar back in, and fit everything back on, do some for both sides, job done

here is also a animated pic i made showing torsion bars

Here are some reference pics showing you the bolt and socket method, there not pics of it being done on a saxo but its showing the identicle procedure of using the socket and bolt metod to remove a torsion bar

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me

Last edited by stevenet15; 14th December 2008 at 20:11.
stevenet15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stevenet15 For This Useful Post:
Old 18th October 2007, 22:18   #2
jazzsingh51
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Black 2002 furio!
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jazzsingh51 is a splendid one to beholdjazzsingh51 is a splendid one to beholdjazzsingh51 is a splendid one to beholdjazzsingh51 is a splendid one to beholdjazzsingh51 is a splendid one to beholdjazzsingh51 is a splendid one to beholdjazzsingh51 is a splendid one to behold

looks good steve - is this guide going to be finished by saturday? - because im doing mine then!!!

edit - just seen your post in my torsion bar thread and that this wont be done for a few weeks!!! - Ive got a few guides to work from - so should be alright

Last edited by jazzsingh51; 18th October 2007 at 22:20.
jazzsingh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 22:22   #3
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

looks good so far can't wait to see all the step by step's

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 08:13   #4
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Very good of you. It would be a nice sticky to have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 09:22   #5
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

should be good, used heat to get mine out! bolts were seized so chizled them out! some trouble shooting guide would be good aswel alongside it
Old 19th October 2007, 11:05   #6
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

good stuff steve, it will be the 3rd one on the entire net and with them animations it will easily top the others

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:39   #7
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Thats a good idea mate.

Animations are always good!
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:19   #8
Mr_suv
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Hondaaaa
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!

u will be the ultimate king mofo then i love u !!!!!
Mr_suv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:20   #9
SaxoKez
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): White Subaru WRX Black Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 12 (93%)
SaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to behold

ace, animations look gd
SaxoKez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 17:02   #10
dannyc
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Possi Blue VTR (Gone) MK3 VR6
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dannyc has a spectacular aura aboutdannyc has a spectacular aura aboutdannyc has a spectacular aura about

any update!?
dannyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 17:12   #11
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

i may have to rep you big man, top stuff
Old 20th December 2007, 14:56   #12
chriswindy
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 53' 16v VTR
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
chriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud ofchriswindy has much to be proud of

anymore steps steve?
Old 20th December 2007, 15:15   #13
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

looks good makes me feel even better for u to do mine soon lol
Old 20th December 2007, 18:18   #14
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

i havent had time to do anymore on this guide yet but i will do as soon as i have time and update the pics

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
Old 27th March 2008, 13:50   #15
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Any update on this mate? Been getting quite high quotes and wanna try it myself
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 13:51   #16
johnnyg_vts
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
johnnyg_vts will become famous soon enoughjohnnyg_vts will become famous soon enough

looks great, cant wait to see the finished article.
johnnyg_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 15:54   #17
stirlinlee
L-plater

Car(s): Red VTR Saxo
stirlinlee is on a distinguished road

that guide is is lookin well good sir cheers
stirlinlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 13:57   #18
Cainevtr
Regular Poster

Cainevtr is on a distinguished road

This looks like its going to come in handy! anyone got and real car pics of it being done?

thanks
Cainevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 14:11   #19
Cainevtr
Regular Poster

Cainevtr is on a distinguished road

My bad, i found the links now!
Cainevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:05   #20
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

update added some reference pics in the first post