Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 12th May 2015, 11:57   #41
Milney8989
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vts x2 Vauxhall Astra Ford mondeo workhorse
Milney8989 is on a distinguished road

Hi what top mounts you use?
Milney8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 12:10   #42
Steve_GTI
L-plater

Car(s): 106 gti itb, saxo vtr
Steve_GTI is on a distinguished road

Looks good from the start to where you are now. Such a bargin
Steve_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 09:12   #43
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 2003 Saxo VTR
CarlStinson is on a distinguished road

Hi Milney i got standard top mounts they are working fine for now, and thanks Steve. im waiting for my buddy to get here so we can go look at cutting the wheel cage hangers off, with the angle grinder and cutting disc, i uploaded the pictures to the last post
Old 13th May 2015, 12:52   #44
Steve_GTI
L-plater

Need to do the same to mine at some point.
Old 16th May 2015, 09:13   #45
Bobby84dazzler
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Citroën saxo vtr Citroën c1 vtr+ 60plate,(
Bobby84dazzler is on a distinguished road

Top work. Car looks great.
Bobby84dazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 11:40   #46
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Update coming soon,
im fed up of my boot looking like shit so it will be done in the next week, all carpet is stripped out already, I've laid the old boot floor insulation stuff down, 6mm thick MDF is cut to size with cut out for the single sub box done which is also stripped of carpet (would look awful if any difference in colour from the rest of the boot so recarpeting the lot)
i got a 200x200mm 6mm thick piece of perspex coming to be my display window for my JBL GTO 2000 amp not decided about my lighting method yet, my idea is 4 small led units around the amp with my neon under the rear bump all wired up to boot switch so will only light up when the boot is open, also in the next couple weeks my bumpers and VTkit will be removed and I'll be respraying the black trim and refitting the kit with clips and tiger seal to reduce rattle from the kit.
will post an update when i get some of this done
Old 28th May 2015, 14:37   #47
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Small update, bye bye Rio been a good 2 years now have a 2015 Kia Cee'd SR7 1.4 diesel for them long family drives.

back to the sax, both front and rear bumper has been removed, masked up and black strip repainted, then removed the whole VTKit, replaced all broken clips clean up the mess that was under it, masked up and resprayed the black trim with some standard black bumper spray no gloss black on this one, not my cup of tea, i applied a light coat of tiger seal around all the clips on both the panel and the trim, found that the passenger side was missing the nut that holds the rear 1/4 on so fitted a new nut she still needs another clean and some more attention to clean up some mess from the tiger seal seems to be just rubbing off. cleaned and refit my indicators too, also removed sprayed the rear badges with some satin black to give its a darker look than just T-cutting

Prepainting as you can see this is why im redoing it.

I used a few spare wheels to apply pressure to the kit over night.

will be doing a few bits tomorrow, and will have another update next week, thanks for looking going back to drinking my monster
Old 1st June 2015, 13:12   #48
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Another update, here is what my boot looked like not very practical,

got myself some MDF about 6-8mm thick and cut it to the shape of the old carpet it comes standard with and got a sub cover.

I cut up a 3x4 size plank of wood to make feet for the mdf to raise it off the amps, 5 feet in total one being a long one to sit bottom left corner.

Ordered myself a 200x200mm 6mm thick clear window (not glass),
lined it up marked and masked up and cut out for it to slot into,
with that done i got my self some mirror corners from b and q, fitted them so my window can slot in and rest on them,
no glue needed and can be replaced when scratched etc.

With that done i ordered alot of carpet so i can redo both the sub box, floor and sides to match, any colour difference would of been awful.

I removed both the plate, and boot latch, so i could carpet under them, i refitted them both after.

Ignore the staple around the window they were just there to hold the tension while the glue set, all removed now.

Anyway thats all, i got enough carpet to do fix any errors, i got a horrible bit on my boot lip so might redo that section at some time, also got to do the wheel cage locking nut, i cut out a mfd square to make a flap that i can hinge to give access, got some lights coming so will update once they have turned up,
then im on the look out for a JBL sub to replace the one i have, mines 620watts, looking at JBL 1000watt to complete my full JBL sound system, thanks for looking.
Old 10th June 2015, 11:28   #49
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Back from a great weekended at Castle Combe, the car drove amazing i fitted its replacement rocker before i left and it seems to have stop the small leak at the front, my old one must of wrapped slightly.
Anyway me and the mrs met some nice people at the weekend, was a fairly big group of us this year.

Saxp as normal no one there

Some of you might recognize this saxo

Got the car on the dyno that was there.

came out as 106bhp

anyway was a great weekend, some poor young lad in his 205 blew his head gasket on track had to get flat bedded off, we went to have a look why and it had exploded in his engine bay couldn't help but laugh
Old 11th June 2015, 18:12   #50
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

small update to what i have done with the car just before the car show,
replaced my old plates that had advertising on with some plain,
stick on plates for a cleaner look

Swapped my blue rocker cover for one i sprayed black, has some pitting by the badge but thats the rocker cover its self
(after 300miles seems to not be leaking like my old one did from the front or at least no wear near as bad)
also cleaned my ICV while i was there, using some black silicone to join my standard cold intake piping together as it just felt very loose

my driveway is down a dirt road and you could hear my exhaust scrapping,
and after 1-2 weeks the exhaust paste would just crumble away from the knocking and flexing of the joins,
so i replaced the standard saxo clamps with these ones,
which meant i could tuck the stud out the way from being knocked and bent
(found these to clamp alot tighter and better than the standard ones,
also replaced the paste with 300 degree sealant which is proving to be amazingly better.

finally i picked up my new sub and amp,
12inch JBL GTO1202d 1200 watts 300rms and JBL GTO 2060 400watt amp
i have this amp in the window now,
now running JBL Comps up front, JBL rears, 2 JBL amps and JBL Sub

Old 19th June 2015, 12:57   #51
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

small update, my upper engine mount on both cars are shot so have ordered two replacement outer inserts
nothing happening with my blue one atm, as for the silver sax
the rear end is bare axle off, fuel tanks off, exhaust off, bump stops off,
with everything off i got the grinder out and cut the wheel cage mounts off and have been under it for a few hours today giving it a coat of underseal

will post more once i get down to doing some proper work and not just laying on my ass painting
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:01   #52
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Few pictures of the silver sax

Its getting there slowly when im free and the weather is good, with the underside tarted up, and the wheel cage hangers cut off, will be putting the fuel tank back in next, after a clean up and a new fuel filter

Replaced my top engine mount buffer today on my blue sax, as you can see it needed to be done, its made the engine feel alot stiffer and idle better aswell
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:11   #53
Steve_GTI
L-plater

First off what a bargin this car was. Really good read so far. What paint did you use to spray the exterior trims?
Old 6th August 2015, 17:02   #54
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Sorry for the late reply steve i used halfords black trim spray, it looks like new, im not a far of the glossy black some use thanks for liking my car
Old 12th August 2015, 04:04   #55
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Some very nice work on your saxo buddy...
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2016, 13:42   #56
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Not been on for awhile thought i would say hi on my thread, i still got my saxo will be up at FCS again this year, i haven't done much to the car as its been reliable. But its MOT time end of april so its about time for a oil change and coolant change, its just started to sound rough and i dont like it its had a new windscreen put in but thats about it, will try get on a bit now the weather is starting to heat up i can do work on the driveway again and not freeze my ballocks off
Old 31st March 2016, 00:32   #57
hectic_saxo

Car(s): Saxo vtr 2003
hectic_saxo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlStinson View Post
Not been on for awhile thought i would say hi on my thread, i still got my saxo will be up at FCS again this year, i haven't done much to the car as its been reliable. But its MOT time end of april so its about time for a oil change and coolant change, its just started to sound rough and i dont like it its had a new windscreen put in but thats about it, will try get on a bit now the weather is starting to heat up i can do work on the driveway again and not freeze my ballocks off

Hey bud nice looking sax
I am looking to go to FCS this year and take my saxo up, are you going on the track ?
Do you know anyone else who is going ? Maybe try and get a few people to come up or down , I have not seen a 2016 FCS thread .... yet....
hectic_saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 19:04   #58
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Hi hectic, im not going on track but 4 of my friends will be saturday morning, i'll be with my group of friends about 10 of us maybe a few more, we meet up and drive down as a group or at least try to.

update to the saxo about 2 weeks before its mot, its started making a bad belt squeel turned out the release bearing had exploded and was pressing on the clutch and the plate, so i've replaced my clutch and oil cost me 4days and £90, i had to get this done inbetween getting a bus to work but shes driving again.

it then failed its MOT, needed a few wires cable tieing out the way (airbag wiring, and rca cables), replacement wiper on the passenger side, couple of bolts tightening up(both lower arms where i had them off to do the clutch, was tight to me, but i guess not enough), but pasted emissions first time i got the small jobs done and its back on the road again for another year.

only up coming things are an oil change and new oil filter to come in the next few weeks got some castrol 5w-40 to go in so will see how it likes that expensive stuff
Old 16th May 2016, 03:39   #59
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Any new pictures,or updates..
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 15:58   #60
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

its due a clean, im off thursday so will get a few pictures then if the weather is nice looking forward to FCS cant wait always a good weekend lots of laughs, few pictures of when i was doing the clutch, i removed the box completely when i done it