Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 17th March 2009, 21:31   #1
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!
Default First pics with my 1000D

Got my Canon 1000D yesterday so took it out for a walk today with the dog.

C&C please, i very briefly spoke to ads for some tips on moving objects but used the inbuilt 'Sports' setting to get used to using the camera and getting the object in the middle of frame. This would have been alot easier if the dog ran in a straight line, lol

enjoy (i hope)

this is very blurred but he ran past at about 20mph,lol

mooooooooo!!!!!

check out the teeth,lol

Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 21:36   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

the sports setting is shit. Dont use it imo. Better off switching to TV mode (before happy using fully manual mode) and selecting your own iso and shutter speed. iirc sports mode is iso 400 and shutter around the same (been that long since I even looked at it)

It will help you get more movement shots and learn what settings do to a shot. eg faster shutter with no iso make the shot darker etc...

My best advice is to get confident with playing with the settings earlier than later, you will enjoy it more, and the settings will help you take a better shot (as you understand why)

AV mode for the stationary stuff most people prefer aswell before going M.

Just concentrate on this stage enjoying it, the framing of them isnt bad which is the most important thing all the time which people get wrong.
Old 17th March 2009, 21:37   #3
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

lol your dog looks crazy

im guessing these havent been processed alot, on some of the ones with a very bright sky see if you can adjust the curves layer to bring more contrast to the sky, and slightly lighten the forground.

but a great effort on gettin him in focus, its soooo hard when a dog/animal ir sunning towards you to get a good shot, but most of yours are perfectly focused and very sharp
Old 17th March 2009, 21:37   #4
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

download something call picasa and have a play with your images in there.
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 21:44   #5
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

oh and i forgot to say, it also looks like you had a whole lot of fun taking these and so did your dog.

so long as you keep it fun and interesting you will only get better.
Old 17th March 2009, 23:40   #6
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
the sports setting is shit. Dont use it imo. Better off switching to TV mode (before happy using fully manual mode) and selecting your own iso and shutter speed. iirc sports mode is iso 400 and shutter around the same (been that long since I even looked at it)
He's only just bought the smegging thing... give him a chance to understand the basics before telling him to lob it into Tv mode!!!!!!!!!

mate that is spot for considering how short a time you've had the camera for.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 23:43   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Sayer, better to use TV mode early on imo.

He will then see how changing what (iso and shutter speed) does to effect an image, this will give him greater understanding of his camera and shots.

Something the automodes wont.

As i explained
Old 17th March 2009, 23:52   #8
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Sayer, better to use TV mode early on imo.
running before walking. no point using it if he doesn't understand what it's doing. Get him taking decents shots first then understanding he needs a high shutter speed (how is he to know what shutter speed to use if he hasn't taken a shot where that option is available), then the AI servo (that function just by it's name alone makes noooo sense whatsoever)... hence why I pointed him to sports mode first of all. decent pics first and formost, advanced stuff once he understands wtf is going on with it all... job done
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 23:55   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

I just dont like sports mode lol!

Didnt like what it did to the camera, and it made me feel like id wasted alot of money on pics because the camera wasnt doing things very well.

I think theres enough of us here to help mark either way
Old 18th March 2009, 00:26   #10
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

stop arguing ladies! lol

mark, great pics for your first ones!

get yourself down to elvington some time to practice moving shots. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 07:50   #11
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

Just concentrate on this stage enjoying it, the framing of them isnt bad which is the most important thing all the time which people get wrong.
it was quite hard to get the dog in the middle of the frame as he never ran in the same direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
download something call picasa and have a play with your images in there.
just downloaded it now mate, i will have a play later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
oh and i forgot to say, it also looks like you had a whole lot of fun taking these and so did your dog.

so long as you keep it fun and interesting you will only get better.
i really think hes got ADHD and a secrect supply of speed somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
He's only just bought the smegging thing... give him a chance to understand the basics before telling him to lob it into Tv mode!!!!!!!!!

mate that is spot for considering how short a time you've had the camera for.
that was the first time i used it mate so im still trying to get a feel for things and deciding when to press the magic button. Ads that was my fav pic out if the ones i took just a shame i cut his feet off at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
running before walking. no point using it if he doesn't understand what it's doing. Get him taking decents shots first then understanding he needs a high shutter speed (how is he to know what shutter speed to use if he hasn't taken a shot where that option is available), then the AI servo (that function just by it's name alone makes noooo sense whatsoever)... hence why I pointed him to sports mode first of all. decent pics first and formost, advanced stuff once he understands wtf is going on with it all... job done
i actually had to google AI servo when i first saw the setting, lol. i did understand what you were on about via PM adam but uderstanding it when reading it and actually remembering how to do it when theres an oportunity to take a pic are two different things,lol. im sure it will come with time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
stop arguing ladies! lol

mark, great pics for your first ones!

get yourself down to elvington some time to practice moving shots. lol
cant get close enough mate but next time your going down let me know
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 22:44   #12
Kelly
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VW Polo Mk5 6N2, Peugeot 106
Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!

I love the pic that Ad picked out. I hope my first pics come out good. Thinking of taking a friends springer spaniel out to get some pics but I'm scared of losing him lol
Old 22nd March 2009, 22:50   #13
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

take jay to the park then

let him run free
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote