Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 19th July 2006, 00:19   #1
JG_VTR
L-plater
South East Region Member

JG_VTR is on a distinguished road
Default break dust

may seem like a silly question to all you cleaning whores out there ... but was wondering if any products or techniques can help with preventing break dust build up. take hours cleaning my car and after half an hours drive the wheels are covered again. thanks in advance
JG_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 00:35   #2
rayvtr
Regular Poster

rayvtr is on a distinguished road

clean your car more oftern so the break dust doesnt build up and maybe try using a wheel protector after genral cleaning
rayvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 00:35   #3
beastgtir
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Soon to be another Honda!
beastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to all

yes mate - use tyre slick or something silicone based, apply it every week or 2, break dust will appear still but can be simply washed of with water and no need to use a jet wash or any chemicals.
beastgtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 07:22   #4
djjoney
Frequent Poster

Car(s): carbon clad nos breathing westcoast
djjoney is on a distinguished road

and you could try some of the EBC green stuff brake pads , they produce a minimal amount of dust
djjoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 14:05   #5
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, applied every 2-3 months. Simply awesome. My Leon gets a regular pounding round the track, and even after long sessions the dust just doesn't stick - it can be blasted off with the hose and and remnants easily wiped off with the mitt when washing with normal suds. Genius product, goes on with Megs foam pads, off with microfibre work towels, and smells nice too - very fruity!
Old 19th July 2006, 18:53   #6
BIG_DAVE

Car(s): MK3 Golf 1.4 Looking to get a VTS
BIG_DAVE is on a distinguished road

I use Autoglym clean wheels does the trick.
BIG_DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 17:31   #7
Richardson_VTS
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mini Cooper S
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Richardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of light

I use Car Plan Wonder Wheels, comes in a litre bottle, its like an acid, which takes shit of wheels instantly!!

Green Stuff pads are crap!! don't buy them!!
Old 21st July 2006, 01:08   #8
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

Along with some of the clear coat every time you use it! Be careful with these products, I killed my first set of alloys with Wonder Wheels before I got into car care properly. It does the job no doubt, but at what cost 18-24 months down the line?
Old 21st July 2006, 01:23   #9
rayvtr
Regular Poster

rayvtr is on a distinguished road

is that the stuff that slowly removes the laquer from your wheels ???? i use supaguard wheel cleaner and protector as i get it free lol
rayvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 01:28   #10
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Yep, that's the one.