Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 21st July 2006, 23:07   #1
azzy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
azzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud of
Default Best food for putting on weight

I want to know what the best foods are?

Im just over 8 stone & it bugs the hell out of me cause i really struggle to put weight on.

My eating patterns are all over the place due to the hours i work & cant have set times.

& is there any home exercises to help me gain weight.

Many thanks Chris
Old 21st July 2006, 23:23   #2
beastgtir
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Soon to be another Honda!
beastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to all

bananas are good!
beastgtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:33   #3
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

takeaways for the win
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:36   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

yup, Mcrags should help you become a blubber-monster in no time at all.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 01:23   #5
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Eat loadsa pasta n potatoes n bread, think all the carbohydrates will help you put weight on
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 10:50   #6
azzy
Frequent Poster

azzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud ofazzy has much to be proud of

Cheers guys.
Old 22nd July 2006, 10:54   #7
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

have some of my weight if you want

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 11:03   #8
azzy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesslevtr
have some of my weight if you want
Lol. Id take anyones weight.

Hate being like i am
Old 22nd July 2006, 15:26   #9
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 106 GTI
Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!

Put the right weight on mate.. as yatest said lots of pasta n potatoes n bread, also complex carbs such as brown rice. Eat lots of lean meat (chicken breast/tuna/steaks) etc etc, bannanas is a good one also as someone said.. eat lots of nuts.. cashews/peanuts etc.. oh and raisins
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 19:11   #10
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

no no no! carbs will only give you fat if you do not train to burn off the carbs you are loading. u will need to look more into your diet and have a training routine based on it..

meat will be the key (protein) if you are trying to increase in muscle mass, as this is what the body uses to break down and repair muscles.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2006, 00:57   #11
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

agreed with the runner

protein and the gym mate!

join a gym and some gyms set you a routine that suits you
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2006, 09:16   #12
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

ok easy enough, what you need to do is firstly look at your bodys compisition! fat % in relation to lean body mass % ( muscle, bone, organs)

if you have a low body fat % this is usually around 12 % or below then a higher calorie diet is needed along with a revised eating plan. this would usually mean you are to eat 3 meals a day standard! and smaller portions between them, cutting out the crap & not over loading on any set types of food ie bread, potatoes, meats etc etc. think ouside the box - smoothies, soups, nuts, seeds pulses!! I know its not easy to eat often but it is a must!! work is no excuse, dont pass the blame to your employer they want you in good shape, if your not fit & heathy would your employer still want you working there!?? didnt think so, so your health comes first in my book!

next after looking at your diet you need to look at working out, you dont need a gym or facilities... body weight exercises can be performed easily enough... its important that to understand that these 2 things go hand in hand exercise & diet! you need to look at both....

if you want further advise use the lil PM button LOL

hope this helps

Last edited by WestyVTR; 23rd July 2006 at 09:18.
WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote