Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 26th October 2011, 17:12   #41
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
you free sats as marcin needs help.
I've retired.

+ they never paid me that £200 and martin won't reply.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 17:16   #42
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry123 View Post
I've retired.

+ they never paid me that £200 and martin won't reply.
GHEYbar...

Ill speak to him for you. Did you send it to the new email i sent you?
Old 30th October 2011, 09:09   #43
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

http:/whats-going-on-with-the-iphone-4s-battery/
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 14:42   #44
loudandproud205
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 205 Dimma, MR2 turbo Range Rover, Laguna
loudandproud205 is on a distinguished road

When I first got mine it was fucking shocking, but a good run flat 15 hour charge seems to have helped it alot as before it would bearly last half a day now I can get a 12 hour shift out of it.

Watching TV on it thou really kills the battery had to charge it twice in 12 hours last night
Its like a cunt, Only tighter. I'll happily give a bird a good rim job too, Its a little bit like licking a battery though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole
theres actually lots of gingers on here lol, maybe its a saxo thing
loudandproud205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 01:33   #45
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Mines been charged a few times and still not alot of difference. Had to leave it on charge in the dj booth at work both nights lol.

Portable power pack will be on order I think....

I still stand by my old opinion that it's a good multimedia device, but way way way over rated as a mobile phone.
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:22   #46
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

I read a bit about it + a lot of feedback from users. It seems that you need to run a few FULL cycles before the battery sort of comes to life. I'll admit it sounds a bit unusual to say the least, but I know apple batteries are software controlled so this may be normal.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:45   #47
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
I read a bit about it + a lot of feedback from users. It seems that you need to run a few FULL cycles before the battery sort of comes to life. I'll admit it sounds a bit unusual to say the least, but I know apple batteries are software controlled so this may be normal.
Even after running several cycles there's still problems, so much so apple are apparently installing software on some people's phones to try and see what's causing the problems...

Some people are just getting it calibrated in apple stores with mixed results.. All in all it's an interesting one.
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:04   #48
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Fact is there's something wrong, mine is absolutely fine, infact I'd go as far as to say excellent. There's a fishy batch or something.
Old 6th November 2011, 08:07   #49
VexxedVTS
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
VexxedVTS is on a distinguished road

Mine is fairly shit as well, but Apple has announced that their is a problem with the battery life and that they are working to fix it with a firmware update.
VexxedVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VexxedVTS For This Useful Post:
Old 6th November 2011, 10:14   #50
P90PTS
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
P90PTS is on a distinguished road

I'm running iOS 5.0.1b2 at the moment and the battery life has improved, not as much as what I was expecting though
Old 6th November 2011, 15:50   #51
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

I'm waiting for my 4s to arrive, seems to be a major backlog on orders
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 17:30   #52
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexxedVTS View Post
Mine is fairly shit as well, but Apple has announced that their is a problem with the battery life and that they are working to fix it with a firmware update.
Alot of the issues are apparently the battery is thinking it is full when it is not, mine the battery usage info is always way off. When it's nearly dead after 12hours of a mix of use/standby it seems to think I've had 17hours standby and 4/5hours use... Now that's not 12 hours since the last charge lol.
Old 10th November 2011, 21:30   #53
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

5.01 is here...

So far the phone takes alot longer to charge. So hoping this is to do with the rumoured problem of the old software thinking it was full when it wasnt. Also seems to not heat up as much when doing so

Last edited by Ryan; 10th November 2011 at 21:34.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 21:36   #54
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

does this mean I can expect even better battery life or is this just going to help the duff ones?
Old 10th November 2011, 21:44   #55
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry123 View Post
does this mean I can expect even better battery life or is this just going to help the duff ones?
fuck knows. You prob have a duff one but as you are so useless at picking up the phone and using it you dont kill it like I do
Old 10th November 2011, 22:15   #56
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

Got mines yesterday and there seems to be no problems with my battery
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 22:25   #57
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

I just got my iphone 4S today and the battery is awesome, on 3G my 3GS used to go for 2 hours maximum maybe less. Standby time was a little better.

Been using my 4S on Wifi for the last 30mins from 100% and it's at 93% which is a lot better than what my 3GS does over that time period.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 22:56   #58
trex3491
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 CITROEN SAXO 1.1i Desire
trex3491 is on a distinguished road

I think iOS 5 needs a few more battery modding tweaks, and low screen brightness certainly helps. But not everyone lives in a dark little hole, so that's not really practical...
trex3491 is offline   Reply With Quote