Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 19th December 2006, 10:35   #1
Saint
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Saint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to behold
Default 4 years old and needing some TLC...

k i got black saxo thats 4 years+ old and basically the usual 3 stage meguiars polish does bring it up nice but i got loads of swirl marks and light scratches id love to get rid of.

Any advice? simple t cut do the job ? and any good products you can reccomend that dont cost the earth

either that or im debating getting a full on valet done to bring it upto standard
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 11:16   #2
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Your best bet is a pc polisher, either buy one yourself or find someone who lives near you to do it Thats what i think anyway
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 14:09   #3
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah pc polisher is the best way to get the swirls out as they cant really be removed by hand.
Old 19th December 2006, 15:14   #4
James
Saxperience Addict
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Beeeemer
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!

Problem with saxo paint is that it's really hard to work.. so if your using a PC it isen't a short task. It would be quicker and allot more effective to use a rotary polisher if you have the experiance to use one. If you don't want to blow loads of money on a polisher then you can take the light defects out by using a compound and a german applicator pad. I use the SRC blackfire polish with a porter cable on mine and it bring's it up a treat.

Failing that, spend 200 pound's and call in an expert detailer like polishedbliss. Your car will come out near perfect but remember from then on you will have to maintain it to keep the paintwork in good condition.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 16:39   #5
Euphoria
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 106 GTi
Euphoria is just really niceEuphoria is just really niceEuphoria is just really niceEuphoria is just really niceEuphoria is just really nice

t-cut the car, i know seanp06 girlfriend done that and it looks as good as new
Old 19th December 2006, 17:44   #6
sharpy24
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Megane R26/VW Tiguan 4Motion
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
sharpy24 is a splendid one to beholdsharpy24 is a splendid one to beholdsharpy24 is a splendid one to beholdsharpy24 is a splendid one to beholdsharpy24 is a splendid one to beholdsharpy24 is a splendid one to beholdsharpy24 is a splendid one to behold

t-cut is crap and a waste of money, if you want to have a go by hand i recommend menzerna intensive polish or ssr2 from polished bliss, stuff like t-cut and megs scratch x are poo.

i use the intensive polish and it does a good job of masking minor swirls but as said before you need a pc to do a proper job or pay a detailing coimpany like polished bliss to do the work for you.
sharpy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 21:46   #7
Hazza17
Established Member

Car(s): Mazda Rx7, Honda Integra DC5 and GTR
Hazza17 is on a distinguished road

5 year old car....... (mine)

i think its in pretty good nick!

Hazza17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 21:52   #8
Tupps
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!

see the lads from polished bliss
Tupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 22:44   #9
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

well id start with a good wash
then clay
then another wash
then dry
the get a good polish meneza is good use hand or pc if you have 1
then a good wax blackfire is decent colonite is also good iv read
a couple of layers of the above should do it well

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 09:24   #10
srcnix
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): No car
srcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant futuresrcnix has a brilliant future

Basically what the other lads have said. I've used intensive polish with a german applicator pad and it did a good job, didn't remove all swirl marks though.

a PC would be your best bet.
Old 20th December 2006, 21:06   #11
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

As above really... if you are on a tight budget Menzerna Intensive Polish and German Pad is about the best you can do by hand, and expect reasonable correction but not miracles. If you have more to spend and want to do it yourself, then buying a PC makes a lot of sense and will allow much better paint correction (90%+), but it the full kit and products will cost in the region of £200-£250 all in. The third option is to get the car professionally detailed, which will cost as much as option 2, but give as near to perfection as possible - all you then have to do is maintain it properly.