Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 4th April 2009, 20:04   #1
gotamintvtr
Frequent Poster

Car(s): a mk1 grey saxo vtr on throttle bodies mk6 faceli
gotamintvtr will become famous soon enough
Default british touring cars brands hatch

weather was wet when we got there. but turned out nice and got sunburnt face. cant wait to get my new lens fed up with this one i want to see the difference. was a good day overall

doctors obviously have too much money lol

under 18s i think

and the clio cups were lovely got one of this car smashed up later

got loads more to search through later these are just a select few. ill link my photobucket later

some more i just played with

link to album
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...g%20cars%2009/

comments welcome

Last edited by gotamintvtr; 5th April 2009 at 23:10.
gotamintvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 20:13   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I take it you have cropped them alot when PPing? Im not a fan of that tbh, you loose alot of depth to the image.

Plus it looks like you were using quite a high shutter speed mate on the pans, so the movement isnt massive there imo, although again this might be beacuse theres no background to show if there was

Try getting more confident with slower shutter speeds, it will not only help in low light but make the pics stand out more and not look like cars are going slow/parked
Old 4th April 2009, 20:41   #3
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

little dark ?
Old 4th April 2009, 20:44   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
little dark ?
I feel so to.
Old 4th April 2009, 20:55   #5
don55
Established Member

don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

you shoot them in raw jamie?
Old 4th April 2009, 21:10   #6
gotamintvtr
Frequent Poster

ryan i cropped them quite abit because there were marshals everywhere so most of the pics had bright orange overalls in the background wich was realy annoying. but i totaly understand where your coming from.

im realy not impressed with the 40d screen its so deceiving. i used high shutters because the scren shows my lower shutter speed images to be poor quality and i wanted some keepers from the day. the 40d screen is also realy realy dark and that annoys me so much. ive put it on its brightest setting also.

and i agree they are quite dark again my screen on the camera shows them to be even darker i was playing and learning all day and later found that upping the iso looked to help. but i havnt looked at those images yet that will come tommorow. i realy want my new lens.

cheers for the comments though all taken aboard. na wernt shot in raw either.
Old 4th April 2009, 21:54   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

If the 40D screen is the same as my 30D screen i understand where you come from.

20Ds have lush screens when it comes to colours i find, just they are smaller.

I just am not a fan of not cropping to standard dimensions 5x8 for example, it doesnt give the car room to move as such.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:03   #8
gotamintvtr
Frequent Poster

ok ryan ill have another look at them all tomorrow and try and put up the originals and see if they are much better. the screen is realy bad imo. my 350d had a better screen albeit abit on the small size. my mate has just got a nikon d90 as a new camera and the screens on nikons are lovely.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:15   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Shows though that you shouldnt be so reliant on the screen.

35mm work you dont get that luxury.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:23   #10
don55
Established Member

i had this problem shooting skate park flash work in RAW, the screen looked ok, got home they were dark as fuck.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:00   #11
omp
Infrequent Poster

omp has a spectacular aura aboutomp has a spectacular aura about

some decent photos there
omp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 23:11   #12
gotamintvtr
Frequent Poster

some more added
Old 6th April 2009, 09:45   #13
jus_tin
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk 1 VTR
jus_tin has a spectacular aura aboutjus_tin has a spectacular aura about

quality pics mate! if mine are half as good as yours when i go to silverstone for the F1 i'll be a happy chappy!!!
jus_tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 16:28   #14
gotamintvtr
Frequent Poster

not many places at silverstone to get good pics tbh
Old 7th April 2009, 01:07   #15
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotamintvtr View Post
ryan i cropped them quite abit because there were marshals everywhere so most of the pics had bright orange overalls in the background wich was realy annoying. but i totaly understand where your coming from.

im realy not impressed with the 40d screen its so deceiving. i used high shutters because the scren shows my lower shutter speed images to be poor quality and i wanted some keepers from the day. the 40d screen is also realy realy dark and that annoys me so much. ive put it on its brightest setting also.

and i agree they are quite dark again my screen on the camera shows them to be even darker i was playing and learning all day and later found that upping the iso looked to help. but i havnt looked at those images yet that will come tommorow. i realy want my new lens.

cheers for the comments though all taken aboard. na wernt shot in raw either.
I had the same problem until I decided to just ignore the apparent brightness (or lack of from the screen). Mate, you've got to start using the Histogram... review a pic then press the info button.

The histogram will tell you whether you're bang on, under, over exposing and highlight clipping. Also it shows you component histograms for Red, Green and Blue. Mega mega handy.... particularly as the screen is, as you've found out, total dog shit.

10D screen ftw.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote