Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 27th April 2009, 18:48   #21
waynaldo1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2001 mk2 Silver Saxo VTS
waynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these parts
Default Go for it

hey matey

First off..everyone on here all have the same mods on there car...they all agree wiv each other also...

I have a power-flow exhaust a 4inch oval shape also..but one each side my saxo.. And to be honest i love the sound its defo improved my performance. and it looks well nice...
Defo have one on my next car...

But its upto you matey do you wanna copy everyone else on this forum or have your own style... I would say go for it....ii like mine
waynaldo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:48   #22
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedy87 View Post
ive got one on mine...so i would say go for it...its custom built to how you wont it so its gunna be differant from next guys saxo...they are not bad at all...dunt listen to sheep on here and get brain washed...
pipe down you or i will come pimp slap you mr reed!!!!
gouldy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:50   #23
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynaldo1 View Post
hey matey

First off..everyone on here all have the same mods on there car...they all agree wiv each other also...

I have a power-flow exhaust a 4inch oval shape also..but one each side my saxo.. And to be honest i love the sound its defo improved my performance. and it looks well nice...

But its upto you matey do you wanna copy everyone else on this forum or have your own style... I would say go for it....ii like minehey matey

But its upto you matey do you wanna copy everyone else on this forum or have your own style... I would say go for it....ii like mine
double post?
Old 27th April 2009, 18:51   #24
Macey2009
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vtr 8v
Macey2009 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy87 View Post
you say you have had no problems but then list aload of problems?
Yeah sorry i ment it in the term of 'the exhaust hasnt let me down' but i wouldnt recomend it to others if you get me! its a great looking exhaust system, obviously i wont get much power difference cause its a quad exhaust system but the sound of it is mint fom outside but from inside it just defens me, thats the only problem with it now? since i moved it over myself, should have been placed properly in the first place then i wouldnt of really moand!! if you get me, SERVICE IS POOR, pretty much
Macey2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:52   #25
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

TBH from the designs i have seen, they dont look like they will flow very well, the metals used feel cheap.

And where not sheep, we all have different types of exhausts:

Magnex, SS, janspeed, Sportex, Jetex, Miltek, OMP group N, scorpion, sebring, Ashley, Piper, Peco. < to name a few.

Where not sheep, we just dont like crapflow.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.

Last edited by JamesR; 27th April 2009 at 18:54.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:52   #26
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
they ask u how u want it and how loud etc other people just dont like them coz they are going with each other and tryin too tag along dont listen mate they are awsome!!!
OMG

hmm everyone says they are shit, maybe thats because they are. I have seen what shit they produce one of my mates had one. just look at the people that have said they are good

stereotypical

Oh and for your information, my mates car lost 10whp* after fitting a powerflow. plus the welds corroded, many blow holes, the fixing bracket fell apart, as they cut and weld shit he had to get a whole new system. the exhaust pipe where they had bent it was very restrictive.

dont post crap, they are shit.

We dont all follow eachother, we just have experience. AND hence all go for the best option.

* the rolling road as done before and after so is accurate

Oh and all those shit exausts on ebay, that look like steve wonder made, 99% are powerflow crap. Any one with a rudimentary knowledge of fuck all knows they are shit.

If your interested in having a 4x 7inch tip, then yes made you do that.

knob x

Last edited by Mr_X; 27th April 2009 at 18:58.
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:53   #27
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macey2009 View Post
Yeah sorry i ment it in the term of 'the exhaust hasnt let me down' but i wouldnt recomend it to others if you get me! its a great looking exhaust system, obviously i wont get much power difference cause its a quad exhaust system but the sound of it is mint fom outside but from inside it just defens me, thats the only problem with it now? since i moved it over myself, should have been placed properly in the first place then i wouldnt of really moand!! if you get me, SERVICE IS POOR, pretty much
QUAD!!!! fucking hell, i bet your car has lost loads of power through that?
Old 27th April 2009, 18:57   #28
Macey2009
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy87 View Post
QUAD!!!! fucking hell, i bet your car has lost loads of power through that?
lol its been superchipped, beats my mates vtr with a 4-2-1 manifold on it lol so it still goes quite well but it would go like stink if i had a single put in lol, i would put some pics on but i dont know how to put up pics let alone my car in the avatar
Old 27th April 2009, 18:57   #29
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
lol its been superchipped, beats my mates vtr with a 4-2-1 manifold on it lol so it still goes quite well but it would go like stink if i had a single put in lol, i would put some pics on but i dont know how to put up pics let alone my car in the avatar
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If this post could fit in my sig, then it would! lol

I am practically pissing myself!
Old 27th April 2009, 18:58   #30
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Prelude VTi VTEC 2.2 G5, Black 52 VTR
James_Skylit is on a distinguished road

Lots of different views here, i guess some people have had decent ones and some piss poor? Thing is i want one that sounds right for me and hangs right and looks the nuts basically. I get what people are saying about them being a franchise, which does worry me slightly..

Edit: Jim man dont be nasty like, we dont want to loose new members
James_Skylit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:00   #31
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
your taking the piss? SUPER CHIPS HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! deary me you have alot to learn my friend.

we have just bought a bog standard 206 gti that was supposedly "superchipped" we had it on the rollers after my car at chipwizards and it had lost 1 hp.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:00   #32
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post

my sides are hurting lol
Old 27th April 2009, 19:01   #33
Macey2009
Regular Poster

Quote:

haha bellend, i just bought the car, only been driving 5 months!! the bloke said it been SUPERCHIPPED, i guess i should have just said chipped lol thanks for the nice quote there cocksucker
Old 27th April 2009, 19:01   #34
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

When will people learn, Powerflow + Superchip = loss of about 10bhp imo

Quote:
haha bellend, i just bought the car, only been driving 5 months!! the bloke said it been SUPERCHIPPED, i guess i should have just said chipped lol thanks for the nice quote there cocksucker
No you should have said remapped. Not much point without uprated cams anyway.

Did the bloke you bought it off give you any proof it had been "superchipped" ? or did he just say it?

Last edited by JamesR; 27th April 2009 at 19:04.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:02   #35
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Skylit View Post
Lots of different views here, i guess some people have had decent ones and some piss poor? .
Read my first post in the thread. The franchise will mean they are not 'regulated' as such by the same rules. We all know they will claim it etc.. but basically you wont get the same work in one pooflow dealer as one 30miles away usually, depends on how much profit margin the person who has paid to 'sell' powerflow is worrying about/how bothered they are about their staff etc......

I have seen some utterly SHOCKING work by powerflow in 5-6 years, lots of people with void warrenties etc... and a couple of ok ones. So its really a risky one to be dealing with. will it be good or will it be shit?

Last edited by Ryan; 27th April 2009 at 19:04.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:02   #36
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Skylit View Post
Lots of different views here, i guess some people have had decent ones and some piss poor? Thing is i want one that sounds right for me and hangs right and looks the nuts basically. I get what people are saying about them being a franchise, which does worry me slightly..

Edit: Jim man dont be nasty like, we dont want to loose new members
yea we dont want to lose new members. but if you dont no what your on about then listen to people who do. many times have i shut up to listen to people like ryan etc and listened.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:03   #37
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Quote:
Chipping is generic, so not ideal. hence why people laugh about it on here.

Mapping on the car for the specific mods is what people all want to do.

Superchips are better than a cheap ebay chip, they are reasonably well respected = hence the silly price tags
Old 27th April 2009, 19:03   #38
Macey2009
Regular Poster

Quote:
well i dodnt do the mods!! my car dont look bog standard atleast has got abit of style to it, not really that interested in power tbh! got a kawasaki zx6rr sitting in the garage! YEAH IM NEW, so give it a ret and get back on topic.

cheers
Old 27th April 2009, 19:04   #39
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

so... you can listen to the established knowledgeable members or get a powerflow.

they are no mixed opinions.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:05   #40
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
mate everyone on here will be quite happy to help you out and teach you. but if you start with the abuse etc you will get infractions and banned.

CHIPPED- err you will still get abuse. ill explain what superchips does for you car if you like?