Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 24th May 2009, 23:21   #1
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!
Default beam me up...

... you alien bastards....

just messing about with the flash tonight lolz

Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 23:26   #2
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

why do you appear to have boobs??
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 23:26   #3
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

That look class.

Is it a case of a new layer rub out black colour add a light colour? or is it the sayer way?
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 23:27   #4
Carlito
Infrequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): V to the T to the R
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Carlito is on a distinguished road

sweet picture!
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 23:48   #5
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
why do you appear to have boobs??
why are you a cunnnnnnnnnnnt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_G View Post
That look class.

Is it a case of a new layer rub out black colour add a light colour? or is it the sayer way?
good idea but no mate, what I did was stick a flash on one of my stands and launch it about 2.5 metres above the ground pointing down. I then blew the bugger off in my face at full power (hurts eyes trust me), then I took one without me or the flash there and filled in where the stand was... if that makes sense?

can explain it again if you'd like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
sweet picture!
Thanks man
Old 24th May 2009, 23:53   #6
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

you nerd

looks good

i didnt realise there were fields in guildford?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 23:56   #7
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

there were actually deer about 100 metres further back. and no shit I saw a snake today - and before you say it, no, it wasn't a trouser snake you funny bugger.
Old 24th May 2009, 23:59   #8
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

banging
Old 25th May 2009, 00:08   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

New haircut = less gay
Old 25th May 2009, 00:17   #10
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

was it a trouser snake? yay, go me
Quote:
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper For This Useful Post:
Old 25th May 2009, 00:43   #11
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post

good idea but no mate, what I did was stick a flash on one of my stands and launch it about 2.5 metres above the ground pointing down. I then blew the bugger off in my face at full power (hurts eyes trust me), then I took one without me or the flash there and filled in where the stand was... if that makes sense?

can explain it again if you'd like
Yeah i think i understand, does look really good.

You got a beast of a camera though, not sure if mine has a flash, unless they all do lol.
(sorry noob)
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 00:50   #12
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
banging
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
New haircut = less gay
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_G View Post
Yeah i think i understand, does look really good.

You got a beast of a camera though, not sure if mine has a flash, unless they all do lol.
(sorry noob)
Thanks man
could've done that shot on a 1000D and kit lens dude. yeah I think yours will probably have a flash, it's just the one I used was above me and off the camera

ads
Old 25th May 2009, 00:53   #13
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

what do you use ads? 580 i would guess?

and is it worth me getting a 580, or just stick to a 430
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25th May 2009, 01:06   #14
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

I used my 550 above me... and the 580 to trigger from my camera mate.

depends what you want to shoot, I'd say go with a second hand 550 if you can find one or a 580 (new if you must). very little point in going for the 430 long term
Old 25th May 2009, 01:11   #15
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Sayers mix of flashes

have you got them both fixed yet? Much easyer to set them up this way than use the cactus really?

And tom yes 430 I wouldnt bother with, all of the 'ssc pros' told me I wouldnt need a 580 and should go for a 430, needless to say I have a nice expensive paper weight in my 430
Old 25th May 2009, 01:16   #16
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

ok cool. and fuck paying new 580 prices

ill keep an eye out for a 550
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25th May 2009, 01:18   #17
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Sayers mix of flashes

have you got them both fixed yet? Much easyer to set them up this way than use the cactus really?

And tom yes 430 I wouldnt bother with, all of the 'ssc pros' told me I wouldnt need a 580 and should go for a 430, needless to say I have a nice expensive paper weight in my 430
naaa not bothering to fix them, still a mess haha. well to be honest I normally go with the cactus because they don't need line of sight and I can control each one without going through a baffling level of button mashing and because my sb-28's won't trigger off them l o l. But in this case with the flash so high above me I couldn't change the settings (just beyond arms reach) so I used the 580 to change the 550's flash power... ended up being 1/1 and I took at least 8 hits of full power to my poor, poor eyes.

the 430 is good as maybe a kicker flash (if it didn't have issues with the RF triggers!!!!)
Old 25th May 2009, 01:18   #18
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post

ill keep an eye out for a 550
don't. I'm after one you little fucka.
get a 580 or something, leave the good stuff for me.
Old 25th May 2009, 01:20   #19
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

haha. tough

if you happen to find 2, let me know
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25th May 2009, 01:21   #20
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
They are less than £300 if you know where to buy