Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th November 2009, 01:56   #81
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

can i just ask what the crack is with the oversized ones??

Is extra work needed to fit these, whats the benefits etc etc, never new about these tbh lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 11:46   #82
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_89 View Post
can i just ask what the crack is with the oversized ones??

Is extra work needed to fit these, whats the benefits etc etc, never new about these tbh lol
Oversized piston are required for a number of reasons, if there is damage to your cylinder walls then a re-hone is required to create a even/smooth surface again, by re-honing you increase the diameter of the cylinder thus requiring oversized pistons to match, by increasing the diameter of the cylinder in theory you increase the CC capacity (v small) so can hold more air thus giving a bigger bang, hope that helps.

Got an email from Cituning referance 5 off pricing and they have reduced the forged pistons further to £435 inc VAT!!!

I now need confirmation emails from everyone on exact requirements ASAP.

Blackie, could you please amend the title to this group-buy again with the new price.

Thanks.
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 11:48   #83
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Is the above price including delivery? I can't help but remain interested !
Old 11th November 2009, 11:50   #84
manc
Established Member

manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
Is the above price including delivery? I can't help but remain interested !
Fraid not pal, its £9.00 for delivery.

Stick on your creditcard LOL I know I am
Old 11th November 2009, 11:52   #85
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by manc View Post
Fraid not pal, its £9.00 for delivery.

Stick on your creditcard LOL I know I am
Can't tell you how tempted I am!! The thing is that the price of them is only likely to go up due to metal prices, so even if I didn't fit them until next year then it wouldn't be a problem - hrmmmmmmm

Last edited by raunchz; 11th November 2009 at 11:57.
raunchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 11:57   #86
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

So we are looking at £444 for a set of pistons delivered? I think I'm in tbh !! There goes the christmas present for everyone !! lol
Old 11th November 2009, 12:08   #87
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Can't tell you how tempted I am!! The thing is that the price of them is only likely to go up due to metal prices, so even if I didn't fit them until next year then it wouldn't be a problem - hrmmmmmmm
Quote:
So we are looking at £444 for a set of pistons delivered? I think I'm in tbh !! There goes the christmas present for everyone !! lol
£444 delivered is right my friend

Another thing to factor in is VAT going up next year also which makes this purchase even more attractive Your doing what I am m8e, these pistons wont be fitted till Mar/Apr next year in mine, I'm sure if it came to it you could sell them on for a slight profit also.

ManC
Old 11th November 2009, 12:09   #88
littleracer
Trouble Maker
South East Region Member

Car(s): black citroen saxo mk2 & focus ST '225',merc C180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!

oh deary me,cituning.

expect to wait 2 months for them to be dlivered and no cutomer help after sale.

highly recommend you not go to cituning
littleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 12:14   #89
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleracer View Post
oh deary me,cituning.

expect to wait 2 months for them to be dlivered and no cutomer help after sale.

highly recommend you not go to cituning
Maybe that was your experience but mine has been the opposite, I bought a basic turbo kit from them (£1.5k), it arrived into stock when it should and after sales support has been second to none, unique item somtimes do take a little longer to arrive as they 'may' need manufacturing specially but I'm sure this will be made clear on purchase, the saving being offered imho is worth it!

ManC
Old 11th November 2009, 12:24   #90
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Deadline of 18th December? We going to pay Cituning direct nearer the 18th? I'm trying to fight the urge to buy these, but I think I'll let my heart rule my head
Old 11th November 2009, 12:27   #91
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Deadline of 18th December? We going to pay Cituning direct nearer the 18th? I'm trying to fight the urge to buy these, but I think I'll let my heart rule my head
17th - 18th I think it was m8

Stop being a fanny AND DO IT!!!

ManC
Old 11th November 2009, 12:29   #92
littleracer
Trouble Maker
South East Region Member

Car(s): black citroen saxo mk2 & focus ST '225',merc C180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!

Quote:
Maybe that was your experience but mine has been the opposite, I bought a basic turbo kit from them (£1.5k), it arrived into stock when it should and after sales support has been second to none, unique item somtimes do take a little longer to arrive as they 'may' need manufacturing specially but I'm sure this will be made clear on purchase, the saving being offered imho is worth it!

ManC
hmmmm i purchased a miltek manifold with sports cat,they couldn't take credit/debit cards so had to end a cheque (i paid for that to be recorded delivery!).they cashed the cheque 4 days later and still np mani.rung them numerou times all with cituning saying theyl get back to me etc and never did and wa always down to me to contact them.
2 and a half months later manifold arrived.
2 months of being on the car the exhaust mounting bracket at the gearbox cracked its welds.phoned cituning for a replacement and they aid they will get back to me.that was 1 year and 3 months ago,iam still waiting for there call/email!
Phoned miltek direct,explained the seller wouldn't sort it,they said no problem
and 1 week later i had a new intermidaite pipe.
Iv heard numerous people same similar thing on here.

good luck
littleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 12:35   #93
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleracer View Post
hmmmm i purchased a miltek manifold with sports cat,they couldn't take credit/debit cards so had to end a cheque (i paid for that to be recorded delivery!).they cashed the cheque 4 days later and still np mani.rung them numerou times all with cituning saying theyl get back to me etc and never did and wa always down to me to contact them.
2 and a half months later manifold arrived.
2 months of being on the car the exhaust mounting bracket at the gearbox cracked its welds.phoned cituning for a replacement and they aid they will get back to me.that was 1 year and 3 months ago,iam still waiting for there call/email!
Phoned miltek direct,explained the seller wouldn't sort it,they said no problem
and 1 week later i had a new intermidaite pipe.
Iv heard numerous people same similar thing on here.

good luck
Thanks for the good luck.

Your's was a unfortunate experience and I can see why it would leave a bad taste in your mouth, its odd how you could'nt pay on creditcard, I could...

I really hope this group-buy doesnt go the way yours has and like my previous group buy (Innovate LC-1) I WILL do my upmost to ensure it goes without a hitch.

ManC
Old 11th November 2009, 12:36   #94
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
17th - 18th I think it was m8

Stop being a fanny AND DO IT!!!

ManC
lol, when we looking to pay then? on the 17th/18th or before?

What sort of bore pistons are people going for?

from looking I think I'll be going for 79mm ones in HiComp

Last edited by raunchz; 11th November 2009 at 12:43.
raunchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 12:52   #95
manc
Established Member

Quote:
lol, when we looking to pay then? on the 17th/18th or before?

What sort of bore pistons are people going for?

from looking I think I'll be going for 79mm ones in HiComp
Prior to 17 - 18th Dec m8e.

Varies at the moment in regards to sizes, some standard some oversize, I'm going oversize (79mm) as my bottomend is being re-built/re-honed.

ManC
Old 11th November 2009, 13:06   #96
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Prior to 17 - 18th Dec m8e.

Varies at the moment in regards to sizes, some standard some oversize, I'm going oversize (79mm) as my bottomend is being re-built/re-honed.

ManC
Cool, well if you give the nod when they are looking for payments then i'll get the plastic out!
Old 11th November 2009, 13:16   #97
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Cool, well if you give the nod when they are looking for payments then i'll get the plastic out!
No worries, my plan is to PM everyone closer to the date, thanks for partisipating pal

ManC
Old 11th November 2009, 13:28   #98
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
No worries, my plan is to PM everyone closer to the date, thanks for partisipating pal

ManC
No probs, at that price I can't refuse - plus if I don't end up using the would be easy to sell them on next year without losing any £££
Old 11th November 2009, 13:28   #99
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

any news on if they come with piston rings or not???
Quote:
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 13:30   #100
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_89 View Post
any news on if they come with piston rings or not???
they'll definately come with rings! Well I hope so anyway !