Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 19th July 2006, 23:32   #21
Craig
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Seat LCR 225
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmaniac5
i was lookin at gettin a black mk2 vtr...after seeing what it looks liek scrubbed up...i'm even more tempted! good work fella! was the quik clay easy 2 use?
its not bad matey for little spots, i did the whole car so it took a while but as u can see the results paid off
Old 19th July 2006, 23:36   #22
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

lol Luke doing all the hard work there i see Thats a seriously impressive finish that is Craig, just out of interest will you be bringing it to mine next month when you visit?
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 00:46   #23
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 197 cup
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!

looking clean mate! think im going to have to invest in one of those buffers, results are ace!
Old 20th July 2006, 02:37   #24
barrettp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Focus
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!

Looks good craig.

Be careful with the buffing bonnet as when you clean them they can go hard and are no longer safe for using on the car. Take a cd and rub the bonnet on it before going near the car. If it scratches the cd then dont use it on the car.

The buffers that are used on Rich's website are Porter Cable buffers, which appear to be the safest and best to use. These however have to be imported and are comparitively expensive, saving up the pennies for one personally.

Mike
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 02:42   #25
DazzerVTR
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR MK2
DazzerVTR will become famous soon enough

How easy is it to ruin your paintwork with that polisher or am i thinking of a diffrent type, seriouly considering buying one.
DazzerVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 02:43   #26
VTaaRon
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk1 Posi VTR (SOLD)
VTaaRon has a spectacular aura aboutVTaaRon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig

rep for this pic its quality cars sparkly to welldone
VTaaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 03:13   #27
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

I was thinking the same. best picture i've seen on Saxp for a while :Y:
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 04:14   #28
barrettp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Focus
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzerVTR
How easy is it to ruin your paintwork with that polisher or am i thinking of a diffrent type, seriouly considering buying one.
if you dont take very good care of it then very easy. If you get any grit etc in it then it will damage the paint work.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 07:46   #29
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

Firstly, that's great, great work, and a truly superb finish - nice work indeed, be proud. :Y:

However, one point - Megs NXT has no real cut, so my guess is what it's done is fill all the defects rather than remove them (there's also no way a polishing bonnet will take out swirls permanently - you need foam pads to do this). What this means is after a few washes you will see the swirls returning, as the fillers are progressively washed out. So, not knocking your work in any way, as I said above the pics are fantastic, but be aware of the limitations of the kit/product you used. Although Porter Cables are relatively expensive, they do enable full, safe paint correction.
Old 20th July 2006, 08:08   #30
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

^^ i love this bloke :

Every post is proper useful :Y:

saxp is going to be cleaning whore central
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 09:51   #31
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

Wouldnt happen to be Luke eating a roll of sasauge would it?

Lovely craig looks great.
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 17:40   #32
Craig
Saxperience Post Whore

Craig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud ofCraig has much to be proud of

thanks for comments dudes

and polished thanks for tips :Y:

Old 20th July 2006, 17:46   #33
squeeler
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): A very sexy vts mk2 wkd red
squeeler will become famous soon enough

Hi guys before you all go running to hal-frauds please check this website out....its amazin, just spend 20-30minutes having a look around and read some of the stuff about detailing.......i read it and bought some of the tings of there...like the PC or porter cable as they call it.....and wow what a difference.....www.detailingworld.co.uk.....also do a google search on the products, like the pc, i found it in the uk for next to nothing....

Cheers guys and gals...
Old 20th July 2006, 17:51   #34
squeeler
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): A very sexy vts mk2 wkd red
squeeler will become famous soon enough

p.s get a detailing brush...get them from hal-fruads...just to take the polish power that sticks in the groves out.....
Old 20th July 2006, 17:52   #35
Craig
Saxperience Post Whore

i will look into it, as im wanting to restore the paint work properly and gunna have alook at some of polished bliss products
Old 20th July 2006, 17:56   #36
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon Cupra R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
ets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant future

This thread is very inspiring, the sale of buffers to saxo owners is set to increase

Nice job Craig.
ets2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 17:57   #37
Craig
Saxperience Post Whore

i mean the quik clay was good stuff but as polished bliss says it will jsut temp make the paint feel smooth