Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 20th July 2006, 00:20   #1
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!
Default power wash

do you think that a powerwasher would make my posi blue look realy clean.. or do u think a hand wash is better?
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 00:26   #2
Saxoladlesta
Established Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST
Saxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura about

I use the power wash but if you can be bothered then I'd say a handwash is better.I did one just before FCS and it was much better
Saxoladlesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 00:29   #3
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

powerwash (from a reasonable distance) is good to remove loose dirt but NEVER get up close and spray the sh*t out of it otherwise you're causing problems for the future.

Hand wash is always going to produce better results dude
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 00:29   #4
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

its just that my dad has got a good powerwasher that we use on the vans at work.. they dont look too bad after it.. but theyre vans

just wondering wot i could do after powerwash to make it shine a bit..
Old 20th July 2006, 00:32   #5
SaxoSam88
Infrequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR
SaxoSam88 is on a distinguished road

if my car is really bad, i go use the pressure washers (jet wash pay thingy)
then i usually give it a hand wash then either leather it down, or go back home wash it with water and apply the wax (if it needs it)
SaxoSam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 00:33   #6
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper1-5d

its just that my dad has got a good powerwasher that we use on the vans at work.. they dont look too bad after it.. but theyre vans

just wondering wot i could do after powerwash to make it shine a bit..
Plenty of good advice throughout this section dude. the basics are...

water car
Shampoo with a wool mitt
rinse
dry with a shammy

then,
clay bar
polish
wax

and boom! nice and very clean car :
Old 20th July 2006, 00:34   #7
Saxoladlesta
Established Member

Saxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura about

Polish is always a good thing to use oh and I'd get some type of window cleaner aswell,I used to wash my car and windows with water but then my windows would still look dirty with water marks on them.
Old 20th July 2006, 00:35   #8
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

how do u use the clay bar? u just rub it all over car.. or where there r scratches, etc? (sry if this has bin said b4..)
Old 20th July 2006, 00:38   #9
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
how do u use the clay bar? u just rub it all over car.. or where there r scratches, etc? (sry if this has bin said b4..)

no worries man,

the claybar is basically a hard putty that picks up the very fine particles of kak that sit and embedd into the bodywork. using a detailer liquid (that comes with the claybar) you spray it on then wipe the clay over.

It wont help scratches mate, you need to use a polish to buff the scratches out :Y:
Old 20th July 2006, 00:39   #10
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

ta matey
Old 20th July 2006, 00:45   #11
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
ta matey
no worries. now come to the BBQ on sunday
Old 20th July 2006, 00:47   #12
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol, no can do man.. no liscence yet!! lol :'( and stil no tax. lol.. my poor saxo is sitting in the drive wanting to be driven!! lol
Old 20th July 2006, 00:52   #13
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
lol, no can do man.. no liscence yet!! lol :'( and stil no tax. lol.. my poor saxo is sitting in the drive wanting to be driven!! lol
gash, i need another derv driver to soak up the abuse with me.

time to high jack the thread :
When are you taking your test?
Old 20th July 2006, 00:55   #14
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol, indeed hijacked. lol

ive got it on the 4th of august.. which should giv me enough time to practise motorways for the NE meet

(my parents are arsey... so they may say i cant go.. probs saying im too young 0_0 )

but im sure us 2 dervers could go sumwhere
Old 20th July 2006, 01:06   #15
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

4th august not long! good luck man!

no worries you have plenty of time to work on your parents :Y:
Old 20th July 2006, 01:11   #16
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol.. well., i think my dad is in a good mood.. he got me a new shotgun 2day

neway ad.. theyre all just jealous of our diesels... they know we've got the best!! lol. we're just the only 2 that r kool enough to pull it off :Y: :Y:
Old 20th July 2006, 01:16   #17
Saxoladlesta
Established Member

Glad to see no one has mentioned using a "proper" car wash,i used to use them quite abit until it damaged my numberplate
Old 20th July 2006, 01:18   #18
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

well.. i was with my mum.. and we went into a 'monster wash' and it did fuck all to all the bird shit on the car!! 0_0

and.. those type of things steal ur antenna. lol
Old 20th July 2006, 01:19   #19
Saxoladlesta
Established Member

lol,I always used to unscrew my aerial before I went in,would never use it again - I can't see why people use them.
Old 20th July 2006, 07:37   #20
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

'proper' car washes = no.1 cause of swirls

home jetwashers are a great tool, just use them with care and they will do no harm to your car. See the wash guide on our site for more info.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ides_wash.html