Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 24th July 2006, 21:59   #1
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!
Default The BIG clean...

Everyone else has started to do it, so now it's my turn.

I picked up the car 3 weeks ago, looking obviously brand new from the dealer and since then i have washed it but not really kept up with it. I also let the inside get very dirty aswell, with ribena cartons, crisp packets and tissues all over the place.

I am off work today and tomorrow, so i have dedicated it 'em to getting the car very clean.

Started at 6 tonight (been with gf all day). Just gave it a quick wash, cleaned alloys, hoovered inside and cleaned the windows.

Here's the results...

I know some pictures are blurry, think it had something to do with the light!

Tomorrow i plan on polishing car using the buffer, back to blacking the bumpstrips, take wheels off to clean inside and clean all inside of arches.

Comments welcome...!

Last edited by Luke; 24th July 2006 at 22:01.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 22:01   #2
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

why buffer it? it doesnt need it at all, personally i wouldnt buffer it, paint works fresher than fresh, just use some elbow grease and some good wax

just remind me, how many threads have you started about your car now
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 22:03   #3
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

I'v been lent a buffer, was tempted to try it out and if i'm been honest, i think elbow grease is better aswell..!

Would you just use a buffer if paintwork needs some TLC?

I think it's the second mate actually My VTR thread and this one

EDIT - I use that AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, worked a treat on the Westcoast.
Old 24th July 2006, 22:53   #4
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

Nice and clean matey, no harm in giving the buffer a bash though.
Old 24th July 2006, 22:54   #5
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

I think may give it a go on the bonnet to see what it's like but i have always been one for elbow grease.
Old 24th July 2006, 23:01   #6
VTaaRon
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk1 Posi VTR (SOLD)
VTaaRon has a spectacular aura aboutVTaaRon has a spectacular aura about

check out my thread http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41175 i just used water! tho i did use turtle wax last week elbow grease all the way i say pluss you need to make sure you have no grit at all on wthe car when using the buffer or itll scratch it a treat!

TOUCH IT YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
VTaaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 23:05   #7
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

it didn't even look dirty when i saw it on sunday! maybe im just used to the state of mine looks very clean though, will look at other pics later on tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 23:07   #8
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Cheers mate, i thought it was quite dirty to be honest.

Can't wait for part 2 tomorrow, hope weather holds out. The car ain't even moved today, first time since i got it.
Old 25th July 2006, 10:37   #9
adamsax
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): MK1 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!

You call that CLEAN! Lol, only messin' bud.

Have a productive day:Y:
adamsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 10:46   #10
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Cheers mate.

Starting in abit, if i can be arsed. I gotta see Louise in 15 minutes.
Old 25th July 2006, 10:54   #11
landy
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): cammed vtr
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
landy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud oflandy has much to be proud of

wht have u got to see louise
landy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 10:58   #12
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

I'm meeting her at work, need to give her a few things and shes going out tonight so won't see her.
Old 25th July 2006, 12:21   #13
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Part 2 - Ready to begin.

I am starting part 2 in a little while and this is what i plan to do

- Take off all 4 alloy wheels and clean inside
- Take spare wheel off and clean that
- Clean inside of doors
- Inside of archliners
- Back to black bumpstrips

Can anyone recommend any cleaning material to clean inside of wheels with?

I was just going to use that AutoGlym Clean wheels.

Also nipping down to Halfords for some more stuff.
Old 25th July 2006, 17:37   #14
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

LITTLE UPDATE

I jacked the car up, took front wheel off but then decided i could not be arsed. I cleaned the one wheel and stuck it back on - was too warm.

I bought some trim detailer from Halfords, the Megulars (sp) stuff and that has worked a treat. I am waiting for the sun to go down now and shes getting a full polish.

I'll upload pictures in a little while.
Old 25th July 2006, 21:43   #15
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

Keep 'em coming, looking good so far. The use of a buffer is a good idea if it's a good buffer - makes the work a lot easier, and gives better results. However, a poor quality buffer may introduce defects, so tread carefully.
Old 25th July 2006, 21:45   #16
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

buffers are good for applying the polish but you want a pc to remove swerls and scratches
saxoash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 21:46   #17
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Finished the car this evening.

I didn't get round to polishing it, because i have been too busy sorting out my sound system, so here's the photos. Let me know what you think.

Messing about with some settings...

Thanks guys.
Old 25th July 2006, 21:52   #18
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

That's some pretty good wetness and gloss for silver. :thumbup:
Old 25th July 2006, 21:54   #19
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Cheers mate.

It's actually Icelandic Grey
Old 25th July 2006, 21:57   #20
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

And mine's Arctic Grey... better known as silver! I'll rephrase... pretty good wetness and gloss for Icelandic Grey! :