Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

View Poll Results: iPhone4s Or Galaxy S3?
iPhone4s 13 46.43%
Galaxy S3 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th August 2012, 16:56   #21
SaxoVTRben
Frequent Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): saxo 16v JP4
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
SaxoVTRben is on a distinguished road

Galaxy s3 is better imo, changed from iphone and wouldnt go back since owning my s2. Unless you want siri which is sh*te anyway and hardly ever works lol
SaxoVTRben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 16:58   #22
SaxoWM
L-plater

SaxoWM is on a distinguished road

Just wait to see what Apple announce soon
SaxoWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 16:59   #23
SaxoWM
L-plater

SaxoWM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoVTRben View Post
Galaxy s3 is better imo, changed from iphone and wouldnt go back since owning my s2. Unless you want siri which is sh*te anyway and hardly ever works lol
Haha siri makes me laugh, is it supposed to pick up on your dialog/accent?
SaxoWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 19:06   #24
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEater View Post
How is it bollocks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0110craig View Post
Rather have a iPhone 3gs than a galaxy S3. The camera is about the only thing that the Samsung has going for it.. I upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy s3 last week.. I sent the galaxy S3 back after 2 days! .. Really disappointed with it tbh..

Its unusable in the sunshine.
Its like carrying a Plazma tv about
Uses most of its 1.4ghz processor in standby
Play store (Android market place) has limited apps in comparison to the App store
Cant store apps on the memory card.. (16gb soon goes)

It seriously takes nearly 2 hours for a full charge.
That full charge last less than a hour when in use
Email client is terrible
Wifi is very intermittent. (Turns itself off when it thinks you are not using it!)
I found the signal was a lot worse than it is on the iphone..
Cheap plasticy feel to it ..

I could go on all night.. Seriously Just get a iPhone.
anything i highlighted in red isnt true.

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 08:22   #25
0110craig
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Ep3 Type R
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
0110craig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawlan69 View Post
anything i highlighted in red isnt true.
Try a quick google search and you will find the things in red are very true mate..

The auto adjustment for brightness in the sun Is comical, it makes it worse than it already is!

The 1.4ghz is overrated, phone isn't nowhere near as quick as it should be.

How can you even say the android market place is anything in comparison to the app store??

The wifi has a setting called power saving mode.. Which is auto on.. There's a stupid code you have to type in to turn it off, yes I know this because it decided to turn itself of whilst downloading a 500mb app and abuse my data limit.

I work in the mobile industry and 80%+ of my colleagues have iPhones.. The rest blackberrys.

Plus the iPhone 4 was released in 2010 and gs2 in 2011 and the iPhone is still worth more!

By all means the iPhone is far from Perfect.. No flash player, restricted untill jail broken, every app in the app store has to go through screening, fragile screens, But if you get a problem, hello mr genius, new phone within the hour! Forget sending it off to Samsung for a fortnight. I've had 4 iPhones and never had a single problem with any of them.(apart from losing/damagin them)

Last edited by 0110craig; 24th August 2012 at 08:39.
0110craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 08:59   #26
martin1985
Frequent Poster

Car(s): EP3 Type R
martin1985 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawlan69 View Post
Hahahahahaha Omg are you even for real

my old man has the 4s and i have the s2 and even he is said the Samsung is better.

All you have said there i can say is bollocks
this! i have the s2 and that kills the iphone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tt274 View Post
i have an S2 and have had for over a year now and its brilliant! I had wanted an iphone but was convinced to buy the S2 instead. Almost everyone i know did. I have a mac and a mac book and use apple for everything, but not the phones, your paying a lot for a badge.

Iphone is very plug and play. Its simple and you get what you get. The samsungs are a little less simple to use but delve into sub menus and stuff and you get much more. Most importantly for me is the screen is NOT made from glass. Im constantly laying on mine and wiping oil off it, it even once fell out of my car window at about 40mph and has never broken, the screen isnt even that scratched.. Iphones would have smashed 10x over.

at the end of the day, get which one you like. everyone on here with an s2 or s3 will say samsung and everyone with an iphone will say go apple.
try both and see which YOU like. I did and i prefer the samsung.
also, remember the iphone costs apple $18 each to make, whereas the samsungs cost £50.
yeah its cause the s2 has gorilla glass

Quote:
Try a quick google search and you will find the things in red are very true mate..

The auto adjustment for brightness in the sun Is comical, it makes it worse than it already is!

The 1.4ghz is overrated, phone isn't nowhere near as quick as it should be.

How can you even say the android market place is anything in comparison to the app store??

The wifi has a setting called power saving mode.. Which is auto on.. There's a stupid code you have to type in to turn it off, yes I know this because it decided to turn itself of whilst downloading a 500mb app and abuse my data limit.

I work in the mobile industry and 80%+ of my colleagues have iPhones.. The rest blackberrys.

Plus the iPhone 4 was released in 2010 and gs2 in 2011 and the iPhone is still worth more!

By all means the iPhone is far from Perfect.. No flash player, restricted untill jail broken, every app in the app store has to go through screening, fragile screens, But if you get a problem, hello mr genius, new phone within the hour! Forget sending it off to Samsung for a fortnight. I've had 4 iPhones and never had a single problem with any of them.(apart from losing/damagin them)
yeah the iphone 4 came out in 2010....the iphone 4s which is a different phone came out in 2011

Last edited by craig180; 24th August 2012 at 10:02.
martin1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 09:51   #27
0110craig
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Ep3 Type R
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
0110craig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1985 View Post
yeah the iphone 4 came out in 2010....the iphone 4s which is a different phone came out in 2011
You missed the point.. The original iPhone 4 is worth more than a galaxy s2 is, even tho they are a year older.. This proving iPhones hold their value better, the 4s is still worth more than a galaxy s3 is and the s3 is pretty much a brand new release.

They depreciate like saxos. Where as a iPhone is more like a golf

Little tip.. Button that says "multiquote" next to reply.. Use it rather than post 3 times in a row..

Last edited by 0110craig; 24th August 2012 at 09:55.
0110craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 10:02   #28
iVTR
Established Member

Car(s): Mk2 Silver VTR
iVTR is on a distinguished road

Haha.

Right, after going to the shop I didn't like the S3, as others have said, felt pretty cheap TBH

Was far too big too, would look like I'm walking around donning a semi everywhere, can't be having that.

Will go for the iPhone 4s, just going to wait it out for the '5' to be announced.

Old 24th August 2012, 10:55   #29
martin1985
Frequent Poster

Quote:
You missed the point.. The original iPhone 4 is worth more than a galaxy s2 is, even tho they are a year older.. This proving iPhones hold their value better, the 4s is still worth more than a galaxy s3 is and the s3 is pretty much a brand new release.

They depreciate like saxos. Where as a iPhone is more like a golf

Little tip.. Button that says "multiquote" next to reply.. Use it rather than post 3 times in a row..
the reason why iphone hold more value is well how many phones do android's have? alot! and you are just paying for a name at the end of the day
Old 24th August 2012, 10:57   #30
martin1985
Frequent Poster

also the processing power of the s2 kills the iphone 4s, the s3 has a quad core, the iphone 4s has a dual core 800mhz core. at the end of the day its personal preference
Old 26th August 2012, 23:41   #31
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

Just gone from a 4s to a Samsung galaxy nexus, was going to go for the s3 but as others said it felt cheap and tacky and this nexus is running androids new software 4.1.1 jellybean and its actually quicker than the s3 not quite as big the screen is higher quality, battery life is mint charged yesterday morning and its on 62% and been playing games texting et. and i would never go back to apple now its just over rated but as everyone said personal opinion, take a look at it mate its good.
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 23:56   #32
iVTR
Established Member

Car(s): Mk2 Silver VTR
iVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany4494 View Post
Just gone from a 4s to a Samsung galaxy nexus, was going to go for the s3 but as others said it felt cheap and tacky and this nexus is running androids new software 4.1.1 jellybean and its actually quicker than the s3 not quite as big the screen is higher quality, battery life is mint charged yesterday morning and its on 62% and been playing games texting et. and i would never go back to apple now its just over rated but as everyone said personal opinion, take a look at it mate its good.
Isn't the nexus even bigger than the s3?

Or am I thinking of something else?
Old 27th August 2012, 00:04   #33
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

Nope its deffo smaller because it was a toss up and i just prefer the nexus as it was a little smaller and felt nicer more solid not like its going to snap.
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote