Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 8th December 2006, 09:31   #1
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!
Default Random Orbital

Hey,

I just saw this article on google and was wondering what you thought?

http://www.matey-matey.com/auto-detailing.shtml

seems like some good advice and they recommended an orbital available in the uk @ 230v from Amazon.

What do you think of this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=mateymatey-21

for all you lazys here's the quote:

Quote:
We decided to bite the bullet, go mechanised and buy some professional products! - For the UK, one of the best 240v random orbit buffers you can get is the Dewalt Dw443 230 Volt Variable Speed Right Angle Buffer

We bought ours from Amazon UK

This is the daddy of Buffers and has a totally 'random throw' which helps eliminate the chances of swirls

Alongside this we opted to try Meguiar's' 3 different types of buffing pads and 2 different types of polish / cleaner / glaze :-)

Each of the three has a different level of abrasiveness.

Last edited by SNewham; 8th December 2006 at 09:33.
SNewham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 09:42   #2
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

looks good mate, not sure itf its up to PB's standards?
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 17:35   #3
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

I think the orbital is. I think it's just a UK version of the other one.
Old 8th December 2006, 20:53   #4
Polished_Bliss_Detailing
Regular Poster

Car(s): Seat Leon Cupra R (270bhp & 275lbf)
Polished_Bliss_Detailing has a spectacular aura aboutPolished_Bliss_Detailing has a spectacular aura aboutPolished_Bliss_Detailing has a spectacular aura about

The PC is smaller and therefore better in my opinion, it works out cheaper too even after importing it from the US
Polished_Bliss_Detailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 21:59   #5
grantsmith1985
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): MKII VTR
grantsmith1985 will become famous soon enoughgrantsmith1985 will become famous soon enough

We use that as a sander to sand down damage on cars. Wouldnt polish with it.
Old 8th December 2006, 23:10   #6
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsmith1985 View Post
We use that as a sander to sand down damage on cars. Wouldnt polish with it.
thats what I was thinking. I think I'm just gonna import one in January. Will try and tempt my dad into going halfs with me
Old 9th December 2006, 18:01   #7
grantsmith1985
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): MKII VTR
grantsmith1985 will become famous soon enoughgrantsmith1985 will become famous soon enough

They might be ok if you put it on the slowest speed and use a really soft pad but I wouldnt try to polish my car with it tbh mate
Old 12th December 2006, 17:33   #8
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

The throw of the dual action will only be about 5-6mm, whereas on the PC it's more like 25mm. This is important, as longer throw equals lower temps and more safety - no doubt the DeWalt unit would work well, but it's going to require more skill to use safely.