Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 17th March 2007, 15:24   #1
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 257bhp Ibiza Cupra Turbo
iTrader Score: 16 (94%)
spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold
Default port & polished throttle body (ALL EXPLAINED PAGE 4)

hi everyone.
as you know i port & polish a lot of VTS and VTR throttlebodys to sell on sax-p and also on ebay.

just thought i had to share this with you as i am so shocked!

since i dropped the vts engine in my vtr i ported & poloshed the throttlebody. today i stuck a standard one back on and took it for a blast.

i can honestly say that i am gob-smacked with how much slower my car feels! throttle response it uber shit and it has got very poor power in lower revs. it feels like there is something restricting the revs!
(compared to havuing the p&p throttle body on)

I can guarentee that my figure of 166bhp on my cammed vts has DEFINATLY been helped by having a port & polished throttlebody included in my spec.

Last edited by spencer_cammedvts; 23rd March 2007 at 12:36. Reason: now pics
spencer_cammedvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 15:36   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

slighly off topic but you cant guarantee that figure of 166 @ the fly the wheels figure you can

Always thought the inlet system on teh saxo's was pretty decent, but good ot hear it can be improved cheaply to

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 15:37   #3
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold

lol lets talk wheels figures then dude!

i just thought i was back in the vts before it was cammed!lol just couldnt beleive the difference between ported & standard unless its just the fact that my car hasnt been mapped to a standard throttlebody but i doubt it!
Old 17th March 2007, 15:41   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Suppose the map would be slightly out with the standard body on. Which begs the question why you have a standard one back on

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 15:45   #5
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

lol it was easy £££

a mate of mine asked me if i could port & polish his throttlebody for him so i said yer. he arrived at my house a bit later than usual and i only had 30mins before i had to get changed to go out so i just said we would do a swap.

then when i get chance ill port & polished what WAS his standard throttlebody.

that fu**er is gonna be the fastest iv ever ported & polished a throttlebody lol cause its shite as standard!
Old 17th March 2007, 15:48   #6
belly_VTS
Frequent Poster

Car(s): cammed vts, (rest in pieces) corsa vxr - 340bhp
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
belly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
hi everyone.
as you know i port & polish a lot of throttlebodys to sell on sa-p and also on ebay.

just thought i had to share this with you as i am so shocked!

since i dropped the vts engine in my vtr i ported & poloshed the throttlebody. today i stuck a standard one back on and took it for a blast.

i can honestly say that i am gob-smacked with how much slower my car feels! throttle response it uber shit and it has got very poor power in lower revs. it feels like there is something restricting the revs!
(compared to havuing the p&p throttle body on)

I can guarentee that my figure of 166bhp on my cammed vts has DEFINATLY been helped by having a port & polished throttlebody included in my spec.
i agree mate, couldnt believe how freely it revs!
Old 17th March 2007, 15:56   #7
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

did you get yours off me or stevenet?

i also cut down the spindle and knife edge the leading edge of the butterfly
Old 17th March 2007, 16:33   #8
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Mk2 Saxo Vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
riggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team member

Will be going for one of these very soon
Old 17th March 2007, 16:46   #9
Richardson_VTS
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mini Cooper S
Richardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of light

PM'd ya about one mate
Old 17th March 2007, 18:02   #10
turbo_dave
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): E36 M3 3.0 & 2.1 Mondeo w/Eaton M62
turbo_dave is a jewel in the roughturbo_dave is a jewel in the roughturbo_dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
Can you provide dyno plots to back this up?
turbo_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 18:27   #11
belly_VTS
Frequent Poster

Car(s): cammed vts, (rest in pieces) corsa vxr - 340bhp
belly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of light

aye, got mine off stevenet, dont think it had that done tho, but then again i dinar what im looking at anyways lol
Old 17th March 2007, 18:57   #12
Andy_S
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
Andy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to behold

Deffinately makes a difference, i can remember talking to you about it, when you first did yours spence, i did mine shortly after u.
Old 17th March 2007, 19:06   #13
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

i know matey. i can remember chatting. dont get me wrong guys stevenet does a good job and does it at a good price too as these can take a while to do! i have a couple of vtr ones on ebay at the moment. they end tomorrow evening if anyone is interested? thay are on a part exchange basis.
Old 17th March 2007, 19:14   #14
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Racing Bronze Mazda MX-5
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

hi there, pm'd you mate.
jeeves_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 19:25   #15
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

pm replied to matey
Old 17th March 2007, 19:36   #16
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Racing Bronze Mazda MX-5
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

cheers, i've sent you another, just picking your brains. sorry.
jeeves_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 19:40   #17
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

thats ok mate. feel free to post any questions in thisw topic!
Old 18th March 2007, 01:45   #18
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

riggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team member

How much do you do the vts ones for feller?
Old 18th March 2007, 07:27   #19
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

pm me for prices if interested.
Old 18th March 2007, 15:04   #20
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Steve does them cheaper.

He told me he was the one that made the guide in the first place anyway.