Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Closed Thread

Old 24th August 2007, 23:44   #1
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!
Default *FINISHED PICS* My day of detailing - pg3 #50

Heya guys, well after my autopia spending spree and the 'apparent' good weather... i thought id get to work on my car!

So here is my cleaning kit collection..

This is what the car looked like before i got to work..

I jetted the car down...

And washed it using the two bucket method with an excessive amount of megs gold class wash to make it nice and foamy

I used two wash mits, one for the car, and an older one for the wheels and exhaust... Once the car was washed it was jetted down again and then dried with an absorbant microfibre...

I then assessed the paint and decided it didn't need claying, i have done this recently, and there weren't many surface contaminants.. so i popped the car in the garage and went onto the next step detailing...

Updated in next post

Last edited by furioAL; 26th August 2007 at 18:40.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:08   #2
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

Some may think the car is clean.... but under closed inspection you'll see it looks like it's been cleaned with a scourer! the swirls are that bad... that's the main reason for me buying a UDM...

Then the car was masked up ready for detailing...

I decided it was best to do the wheels first before correcting the paintwork... poorboys sealant was applied....

Buffed off with a microfibre.. then megs endurance gel tyre shine was applied..

One tasty looking wheel

On with the paint correction...

Well the paint was a state to be honest... first off i started off with the white pad and sonus SFX-1 cutting compound... i started off gently whilst getting used to the UDM.. ended up going over with the SFX-1 about three times to get rid of the majority of the swirls... i then went over with the sonus SFX-2 and then finally with sonus SFX-3, this was then buffed to a high gloss finish before wax was applied... i applied P21's carnauba wax by hand.. i then removed this by hand with a microfibre, before buffing the panel with the UDM again...
(my brother thought he'd take some 'arty shots' lol )

biceps are nothing im comparison to yatesy!

Im quite pleased with the results so far... i haven't completely finished the car yet.. when i do i will update the thread with some finished pictures... but it needed it, so im taking my time...

The finish isn't much different in terms of gloss, but now there are very few surface imperfections.. and eventually i'll invest in some blackfire compounds to give a more 'wet look' appearance...

Continued....

Last edited by furioAL; 25th August 2007 at 00:14.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:13   #3
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Finally last thing tonight i thought id mask off half of the door, and work on one half just to give a direct comparison of the results achieved...

Before:

After:

And that is all for tonight

Will update this thread tomorrow with my finished pictures once the whole car has been detailed

Cheers,
Alex
Old 25th August 2007, 00:15   #4
Matt_e
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): clio
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
Matt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant future

looks good so far, how much did that lot cost you
Old 25th August 2007, 00:17   #5
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

alex insisted the lighting was for inspection purposes but really he just wanted to look "good" in the pics - well so he thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:17   #6
Nick_T
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): 8valve tbh
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!

do mine please
please al
will pay
C2 GT 1.6i | HID's | 4" magnex full system | boss hyper black 17" alloys | Kumho Rubber | Spax RSX coilovers | BMC & samco | GMC s/s manifold | ECU re-map by Angel Tuning |Brembo's 4 pots 305mm x 28mm|rear 20 groove discs| 125bhp / 123.7 lb ft @5761rpm | **FCS BEST C2 2008**
Old 25th August 2007, 00:17   #7
kateandjohn
Regular Poster

Car(s): 03 vts
kateandjohn is a jewel in the roughkateandjohn is a jewel in the roughkateandjohn is a jewel in the roughkateandjohn is a jewel in the rough

Looks very good so far mate carn't wait to see the finished pictures tomorrow

John
Old 25th August 2007, 00:18   #8
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

very nice Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Old 25th August 2007, 00:21   #9
Krys_23
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 10 (81%)
Krys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team member

Good work.. what make is that exhaust looks tasty
Old 25th August 2007, 00:21   #10
Martinsaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 VTS
Martinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura about

Looks good Al , want to come and portal cable thing my car got loads of surface marks

But yeh it looks good mate the red comes up luuussshhh!

Martin.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:22   #11
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

Nice one mate, do mine next lol
Old 25th August 2007, 00:24   #12
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K600RYS View Post
Good work.. what make is that exhaust looks tasty
its a piper 4 inch slash cut mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:34   #13
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

looking good mate, how long didi it take?
Old 25th August 2007, 00:44   #14
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
looking good mate, how long didi it take?
It took ages bud, i started at about 12ish.. took an hour just to properly wash and dry it all.. got it in the garage at about 1pm.. must have spent 6-7hours on the detailing alone.. and still have a lot more still to do... but it's the first time i've used the UDM so im taking it easy... i did another panel last thing tonight and it was a lot quicker now im used to it, and i know what im doing.... so i anticipate a couple more hours tomorrow and it'll be sorted..

I wreckon about 10hours total for the job...

Alex
Old 25th August 2007, 00:48   #15
Martinsaxo
Established Member

Martinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura about

Where did you get your UDM mate i want to get something like that and i take it you got used to using it quite easily?

Martin.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:50   #16
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

did you not clay bar it?
Old 25th August 2007, 00:53   #17
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
did you not clay bar it?
You didn't read i clayed my car last time i cleaned it.. after washing it there were no tar spots or surface contaminants.. the paint was very smooth so i didn't think it was necessary... i did give it a wipe over with megs detailer to ensure there were no water spots left....
Old 25th August 2007, 00:55   #18
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsaxo View Post
Where did you get your UDM mate i want to get something like that and i take it you got used to using it quite easily?

Martin.
I got mine for Autopia buddy.. search for the thread i made the other day here in the car cleaning forum..

Yes, i got used to using it fairly quickly.. took awhile to do the bonnet as it was the first panel.. but im speeding up a bit now i've got used to the techniques... i did a fair bit of background reading.. reading tutorials, watching videos etc.. beforehand which certainly helped

Old 25th August 2007, 00:57   #19
Martinsaxo
Established Member

Nice one, yeh ive had a look at a few tutorial vids etc, so once i get paid ill probably get one, especially with results like that

cheers

Martin.
Old 25th August 2007, 01:00   #20
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

good job and your still a noob so it can only get better...

...unless your go absolutley mad and go through the paint
Closed Thread