Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 11th June 2013, 18:31   #1
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road
Default Playstation 4 Preowned Games - Developer Depending...

Sony has taken the same stance as Microsoft...

Link
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 18:32   #2
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom gomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgo mgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom gomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgo mgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom gomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgo mgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 16:34   #3
Gain
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTR
Gain is on a distinguished road

This is whats already in place on the PS3... like on Battlefield 3 and other EA games. you get a code to join online play, u can only use it once and if you buy a second hand game off ebay you have to go buy a new 'online' code.
Gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 16:59   #4
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Takes the piss if you need a online code imo. Just means they can charge whatever the fuck they want for the games. I can see them being about £70
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 17:03   #5
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Its 7 quid iirc to get online if you dont buy bf3 new. Hardlys something to cry about.
Old 20th July 2013, 17:59   #6
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

bet its more than that on the ps4
Old 20th July 2013, 18:10   #7
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Youre both wrong. Theres no online pass for EA games anymore, they scrapped it weeks ago. But yeah, publishers could theoretically charge full price to play a second hand game at all, not just online/multiplayer.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 21:07   #8
Gain
L-plater

It is less publicised but YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY ONLINE WITH PS4.

They are making playstation plus a requirement which will basically mean a yearly/quarterly subscription. The same as xbox live charge now to play online.

Kinda shit but hopefully that money will be invested into the playstation network meaning better performing servers.
Old 21st July 2013, 12:13   #9
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

I've never really had a problem with the servers tbh.

Paying to play online is a bit of headache tbh. I go through stages of playing on the ps3 and stages where i dont play for months so i don't really know if its worth paying tbh
Old 21st July 2013, 12:31   #10
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain View Post
It is less publicised but YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY ONLINE WITH PS4.

They are making playstation plus a requirement which will basically mean a yearly/quarterly subscription. The same as xbox live charge now to play online.

Kinda shit but hopefully that money will be invested into the playstation network meaning better performing servers.
I already know...
Old 25th July 2013, 08:08   #11
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Playstation play is pretty good tho... There's different games for you to download every month (full games) and you keep them as long as you have playstation play

This months main game is battlefield 3 I believe

So for £40 a year... Your getting more than that in games
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 07:46   #12
Gain
L-plater

If it works like that I won't mind paying it.

Seeing as they are changing it to a requirement to play online, I wouldn't be surprised if they start slimming down the quality of the games you get for free.

I had playstation plus after the playstation servers were hacked and they gave it everyone to compensate them. For that month the games were total shit.
Old 26th July 2013, 09:50   #13
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

BF3 for free.. Only 18 months after it 1st came out.. Hardly anything to shout about!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 09:51   #14
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
Playstation play is pretty good tho... There's different games for you to download every month (full games) and you keep them as long as you have playstation play

This months main game is battlefield 3 I believe

So for £40 a year... Your getting more than that in games
Xbox are doing this atm, 2 games every month until Xmas.

Currently it's Assassins Creed
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 09:52   #15
Graemep
Saxperience Addict

Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
BF3 for free.. Only 18 months after it 1st came out.. Hardly anything to shout about!
Is if you don't have it... That was just one example, they have about 5 new games for free every month

And it's better than the sweet FA the egg box users get
Old 26th July 2013, 09:55   #16
Graemep
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
Xbox are doing this atm, 2 games every month until Xmas.

Currently it's Assassins Creed
I think we're going to get to the point when the 4 and the one are out that Xbox live and playstation plus are going to be nearly exactly the same
Old 26th July 2013, 13:29   #17
Gain
L-plater

BF3 and Assassins creed seem OK to me... when I had playstation plus, they were doing old megadrive games like james pond!
Old 26th July 2013, 19:37   #18
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
I think we're going to get to the point when the 4 and the one are out that Xbox live and playstation plus are going to be nearly exactly the same
Exactly.. Each side of fanboys is kicking the other sides console.. When in reality, the gaming side of it is going to be very similar.. The Playstation has better internals, but then again, if you go buy now.. XBL is a far better place to play, than Playstation online.. Much better standard of gameplay a lot of the time and such..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote