Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 13th December 2010, 23:30   #1
Jaytee
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): 1.Saxo VTR 2.Saxo180
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Jaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team member
Default Copying from ipod to itunes

Hey. My pc is broke i have all my music on there also have all my music on my ipod and want to put it on my iphone. So i need to copy the music from the ipod to my laptop on to itunes then to my iphone. Is this possible.
the smell of rape was lingering a bit to long then?
Jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 23:42   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

There is definately software to do this, not sure on any names of software though. Google should find something.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 23:58   #3
brianS
Established Member
South East Region Member

brianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nice

It is actually quite simple to get your iPod contents back onto your computer in the event of a hard drive failure or purchasing a new computer and it seems to go unnoticed by even the most savvy users.
1.) Link your iPod to a computer (don’t allow it to sync)
2.) Open the iPod from MyComputer (PC Users)
3.) Enable the ability to see hidden files and folders (Tools—>Folder options—>View (tab)—>Show hidden files and folders (Radio button)
4.) Copy the hidden folder on your iPod to your hard drive, now all of the media contents are on your computer, ( Note: Make sure once you copy the folder from your iPod to your computer you select the highest level folder and right click and unhide the folder and all of its contents) now it just a matter of sorting it out and adding it your computer. The easiest way to do this is to open the top folder (Containing all of the F## folders that the music is stored in) and do a file find to that specific folder (Ctrl+F) in the search filed use the term *.mp3 or *.mp4 (or *.___ whatever the extensions/file type you are looking for, in my case I limit all my music files to mp3’s so its easier to search.) By using the * before the .ext you will search for all of the file types with that particular extension contained in the folders. Once the search has completed do a select all and the a Cut and past into a new single folder. Add that folder to your iTunes library and you are back up and running on a new machine…..simple…and free, no software is needed and it takes about 15 minutes, even with the 160 gb iPod…..Enjoy.
If you are looking for specific songs or albums or artists you can easily manage this as well (in response to other posts) if you elect to view the files in your folder in the “detail method” and then right click at the top of the folder where the different categories are you will be able to add the ability to sort by artist, album, etc. as long as the files were given the proper tagging in your iTunes library, all of that information that allows iTunes to sort your music is carried on the mp3 file itself and will then carry to your new iTunes library on a new machine.
Old 14th December 2010, 00:59   #4
Jaytee
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): 1.Saxo VTR 2.Saxo180
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Jaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team member

Legend mate. Nice one.
the smell of rape was lingering a bit to long then?
Jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 08:03   #5
loudandproud205
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 205 Dimma, MR2 turbo Range Rover, Laguna
loudandproud205 is on a distinguished road

then your pc wont be able to find hard copies of the original and have a hissy fit every time you try sync your ipod.

sick of mine doing it now
loudandproud205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 23:22   #6
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

theres a free program think its called idump or something used it before and its very good
Old 15th December 2010, 00:15   #7
brianS
Established Member
South East Region Member

brianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nice

COPYPOD is another actual programme, not free unless you torrent it for the keycrack. only thing it seems is to miss a few songs. used it for mine to backup before i found the easy way
Old 15th December 2010, 01:18   #8
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudandproud205 View Post
then your pc wont be able to find hard copies of the original and have a hissy fit every time you try sync your ipod.

sick of mine doing it now
Yes it will if you copy it to your PC first, then import to iTunes with the option checked for iTunes to organise music folder.

Everything then gets moved to the iTunes folder, and so it never has that problem.
rey is offline   Reply With Quote