Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 4th January 2012, 17:15   #21
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

Iphone ftw.
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 20:13   #22
dalecheesy
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Silver mk1 Saxo Vtr Vectra C derv
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Anyone had/used a HTC Desire Z ? Any known problems?
Yeah my kids got one. I was a bit worried about the "z" hinge when i first got him it but it's stood up to his abuse well, he's 16 and addicted to facebook lol. Nice keyboard but it's horizontal instead of vertical like the torch's which may take a bit of getting used to if you're used to that one. Theres a load of custom roms etc for htc and samsung stuff on Modaco if you're into that sort of thing The Galaxy s2 wipes the floor with the older htc's though. Have a gander at the comparisons on youtube. Lovely phone
dalecheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 20:19   #23
wingnuts
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Baby blue Hyundai coupe siii
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
wingnuts is on a distinguished road

I love my iPhone 4s brilliant phone my mum has the galaxy s2 and is choose the iPhone over it any day
wingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 20:21   #24
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
Tbf iPhone's aren't all that bad when dropped.

Mine's gone down the stairs before and hit the washing machine at the bottom with no bother.

Fallen onto solid floors etc still nothing.
Mine's the same. Been dropped, bounced down stairs, sat on etc...

It's about 14 months old now, out of contract and I can't find anything to replace it with. they are a lot more durable than the HTCs and Samsungs for a fact!

You'll always get those that slate the iPhone and you'll get those that bum theirs but I honestly can't find a better phone that is good for apps, my 3 email accounts management, battery life (yes, I can hear you Ryan.....), viewing pics, browsing, Jailbreak features and the fact that I can sell it for more than I paid in the first place!

To give you an idea I got my 4 on a 12 month contract - £35 a month, paid £230 for the phone and can still sell it now for £250-£300. Madness!

The only phone that comes close is the new Sony Experia
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 20:32   #25
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Heres my 2p.

From someone that had 8 Blackberries and always loved them......

Get an iphone4.

Best thing i ever did was fuck blackberries off and make the upgrade.

All this people say about iphones restricting you to what you can actually do......wtf are you people wanting your phone to do???

From a supermod to a pretendmod.....Iphone ftw.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 20:35   #26
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Either get a Samsung Galaxy of wait for the iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 20:53   #27
e8_pqck
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX 16v Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
e8_pqck is on a distinguished road

http://www.t3.com/features/apple-iph...sung-galaxy-s2
e8_pqck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 21:16   #28
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

I think you're asking the wrong people. In fact, I don't think you should be asking anyone as such.

Everyone does it and I'd bet that 95% of the people that have replied, have replied with the phone they have themselves.

I noticed you want a keyboard. Unfortunately, in higher-end phones that is fast becoming an old technology. Remember flip phones? Yep, don't see those anymore. Several years ago Samsung made the first phone with onscreen keyboard AND an actual keyboard. Ever since then the companies have slowly stopped using proper keyboards, going with touch screen instead.

I'll admit, I'm going to tell you the phone I have. iPhone all the way.

"Need something with Apps, I quite liked Alanapone's phone at the trackday as he had an App that he used to make a good video of his tracktime. It made a map of the circuit, recorded his laptimes, speed etc. That was cool as fuck."

You know the saying, theres an app for everything? That isn't wrong with the iPhone. Not only is there an app for everything, there's several apps for everything.

"Also need something that i can email with to keep intouch with work. Probably why i've liked the blackberry for the last 2 years."

As said above by someone else, you can link up several email accounts and have them all run beside each other.

"Something that won't break when i drop it.. I've got a bad habit of spinning my mobile around in my hand when i'm bored, or thinking. As such i've dropped my poor old blackberry on a daily basis for the last two years, much respect to it, its still working fine."

My girlfriend is an absolute moron when it comes to her iPhone. It gets dropped left, right and center. Yes, the screens are well known to break but hit any phone at a weak point and they'll all do the same. £50 for a screen repair is a general price and to be fair, not a bad one either.

Someone mentioned Android phones having free apps. Get the iPhone and do yourself a favor by jailbreaking it. Everything is free and all the "restrictions" that everyone bangs on about are gone.

The other thing mentioned was battery life. They're not as bad as people make out. Play games and movies then yes, it'll die in around 4 -5 hours like most other phones. Use it as a phone with abit of surfing then it'll easily last all day.

The only selling point of the Blackberry was BBM. iPhones now have iMessenger which is just as good. Whoever mentioned a poor operating system is talking utter bollocks. Read reviews, iOS5 can hold it's own against any other mobile OS.

All you can do is go into a shop and have a play.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!

Last edited by GolfJay; 4th January 2012 at 21:26.
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 21:26   #29
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Galaxy s2 or Iphone 4s.

Each has its benefits.

The reason I got the s2 over the 4s is the screen size, and I was bored of using ios for the last 3+ years.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 21:30   #30
BBM
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): EG6 SiR
BBM is on a distinguished road

Google Nexus.