Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 8th October 2008, 12:51   #341
Peejous
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!

Fuck off Luke
Old 8th October 2008, 12:56   #342
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Paul - who did you use to be?????????
Not this again..
Old 8th October 2008, 12:57   #343
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Not this again..
Well, people change their names and leave people guessing. It's ghey. Shouldn't be allowed.

I want to change my name to saxo140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:04   #344
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

You could just open your wallet and get engine mods instead? Might be easier?
Old 8th October 2008, 13:14   #345
trcygrdn
Established Member

Car(s): VTS, blue and beautiful!
trcygrdn is a splendid one to beholdtrcygrdn is a splendid one to beholdtrcygrdn is a splendid one to beholdtrcygrdn is a splendid one to beholdtrcygrdn is a splendid one to beholdtrcygrdn is a splendid one to beholdtrcygrdn is a splendid one to behold

I don't miss the rep system but tbh haven't used it enough to appreciate it. Only repped 1 person before it was removed, doh! What I will say is that I had noticed alot of people starting posts/threads with, "Don't neg rep me cuz this is just MY opinion" kinda takes away the freedom of speech aspect and, as many have said, if someone doesn't like what's been written, don't read it imo...don't neg rep me...lol!
xx
Old 8th October 2008, 14:39   #346
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_W View Post
Your really getting your point across by being a tit about it aren't you ?
If this is too serious for you then i suggest you either jog on back to general chat or remove yourself from the forum for the good of us all

Tim
Mate seriously, so your saying sax-p a sociable saxo enthusiasts forum should be formal with no general chat and very dull based?

I'm sure Simo has made the right choice but change takes time for people to get over it.

Up The Toon

Last edited by Jimmy-Boy; 8th October 2008 at 14:43.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:53   #347
Tim_W
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MK1 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Boy View Post
Mate seriously, so your saying sax-p a sociable saxo enthusiasts forum should be formal with no general chat and very dull based?

I'm sure Simo has made the right choice but change takes time for people to get over it.
You went to the trouble of quoting me the least you can do is read what i am saying. I spend 90% of my time in general chat but i am of the oppinion that there should be limits and boundaries that shouldnt be crossed. If you have any trouble with that read the User Guidelines and then come back to me. Or prehaps you think its ok for people to post pictures of dead bodies or start flooding the forum with totally pointless spam ?
I dont mind banter and chit chat but i think everyone should be entitled to take part and not just the rep whores. They used to rule with an iron fist, anyone who expressed a difference of oppinion would be neg repped to death. Anyone who used to post a thread that 'didnt fit in' was neg repped to death or abused. Only a few people would get past this barrier and establish themselves, usually by being just as bad as the rep whores and spammers. Most who didn't want to sink to those levels would simply move on and find another forum or get bullied and neg repped to death like Gazza. Whatever people thought of him he didnt deserve the shite he got. I personally i thought he was a sound lad whostarted getting abuse over nothing more than his car ffs.
So like i say dont come here quoting me untill you are reading and understanding what i am saying I for one am glad the reputation system has gone. It means that there are finally more newbies joining in, newbies who can now tell the rest of you moaning gits to jog on and get over it

Tim

Last edited by Tim_W; 8th October 2008 at 15:55.
Old 8th October 2008, 16:25   #348
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

i do understand what your saying, sounds from my point of view you want to be a mod and have more newbies coming on the site. surely everyones goal was to get as much rep as possible and help people out? just because someone is neg repped dosnt mean there bullied lol.. But yes Gazza was harsh but however he is still here enjoying the forum

Up The Toon
Old 8th October 2008, 16:51   #349
Tupps
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!

Level 35 to Level 11

Points for User: -326

Awesome
Old 8th October 2008, 17:22   #350
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

yeah ive dropped from 2nd place to like off the screen.

LOL i haz community award with -2,184 user points!
Old 8th October 2008, 17:35   #351
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

the thank you system = shit,
missing repzzz tbh.
Old 8th October 2008, 17:36   #352
djrem
Saxperience Addict

djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Now you're just spamming...
Old 8th October 2008, 19:18   #353
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_W View Post
They used to rule with an iron fist, anyone who expressed a difference of oppinion would be neg repped to death. Anyone who used to post a thread that 'didnt fit in' was neg repped to death or abused. Only a few people would get past this barrier and nothing more than his car ffs.

Tim
eg. matt the arse licker lol

so how do you know who was negged and what not? whether the rep is there all not. post count will now be taken into conderation instead now. noone will go against the big posters maybe.

but you said earlier time you didnt express yourself cause of getting negged back. this could of easily been removed. youve got to think though most people are alot younger than so little stupid things and maybe negged reps here and there are done because of maturity levels.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:59   #354
Tim_W
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MK1 Saxo VTR
Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Boy View Post
i do understand what your saying, sounds from my point of view you want to be a mod and have more newbies coming on the site. surely everyones goal was to get as much rep as possible and help people out? just because someone is neg repped dosnt mean there bullied lol.. But yes Gazza was harsh but however he is still here enjoying the forum
Wether or not i want to be a moderator is irrelevant to this thread. I haven't expressed any interest in this thread or any others about being a moderator. If i have then by all means add a post a with a genuine quote. It is Simo's choice to make and his choice alone. I havent approached him about it and dont know how he picks people out for the job. If he asked me to become a moderator then i would take him up on the offer, but untill he decides he needs more help i am happy to carry on as i am. Would you have a problem with me becoming a moderator ?

Anyway this has very little to do with the thread so to answer your question. I am interested in seeing new people join this site. The way you say it it sounds as though you aren't ? Why wouldnt you want new people to join the forum ? After all the only reason this forum is here is to encourage people who own Saxo's to get together and enjoy the experience as a group.
As for the negative rep there were quite a few people with negative rep that had to some extent been singled out and picked on. If we had the rep system in place i could find atleast 5 users and their threads to back this up. All of the negative rep i have had in the past has been random abuse for expressing an opinion that has been different to the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
eg. matt the arse licker lol.
Damn, went to give you positive rep for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
so how do you know who was negged and what not? whether the rep is there all not. post count will now be taken into conderation instead now. noone will go against the big posters maybe.

but you said earlier time you didnt express yourself cause of getting negged back. this could of easily been removed. youve got to think though most people are alot younger than so little stupid things and maybe negged reps here and there are done because of maturity levels.
Yeah i agree with you mate. I think what i was trying to say is a lot of people were treading on egg shells when it came to saying things on the forum simply because of their lack of rep. I had to choose my moments carefully, in other words wait untill it was really needed before stepping in.
It goes without saying that bad rep did mean something to users on a forum. A lot of people are saying rep doesnt mean nothing but they are the ones with a lot of positive rep. I remember someone sayin something along the lines of "I dont give a damn about my bad rep, what does it mean anyway". The reply to that was something along the lines of "well it means i wouldn't want to have anything to do with you at a meet".
It struck a cord with me because i would look at those little red blobs and think that the person must be well dodgy or have done something really bad to get them. The difference is i would trawl through their past posts and try to pin it down to a specific post where it went 'wrong'. I would be right most of the time and it would usually be one of a handfull of things, not paying insurance, not declaring mods, racing and generally being abusive. The point i am trying to make is how many people saw those red blobs and made the assumption i did without going to check it out for themselves. They just took that rep at face value. Thats where the neg rep had a big impact on the people who didn't deserve it. This is why i had to strike a happy medium with my rep, i didnt like the system but i needed it. The opposite side to that is someone having shed loads of positive rep but being well dodgy. They are automatically judged as a good person. We are all guilty of judging people at face value, its seeing past it which is the hardest skill to master. This is why the reputation system failed, it highlighted 'good or bad' for all to see lessening the need for people to find out for themselves.

Anyway thats the last i am going to say on the matter because most of what needs to be said has been said . I think there are equally as many people who want the rep system back and i understand why. I just dont happen to sit on that side of the fence.

Tim
Old 8th October 2008, 23:04   #355
browne174
Established Member
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): Ford Focus Edge
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
browne174 is a jewel in the roughbrowne174 is a jewel in the roughbrowne174 is a jewel in the rough

thats one of the longest posts i've ever seen on sax-p
Old 9th October 2008, 02:50   #356
Japman
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region MemberNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Spam Wagon
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!

omfg ive missed so much

isuck
Old 9th October 2008, 09:41   #357
Tupps
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 172 Cup
Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrem View Post
yeah ive dropped from 2nd place to like off the screen.

LOL i haz community award with -2,184 user points!
Me too....

Only the sax-p elite warrior moderators know what's going on

More than likely be another system in use soon, sax-p needs the (controlled) spam to keep the site ticking over
Old 9th October 2008, 10:07   #358
djrem
Saxperience Addict

I have an award for thread tagging...
Old 9th October 2008, 10:08   #359
Peejous
Saxperience Addict

Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrem View Post
I have an award for thread tagging...
I know yeah I noticed that.
How do you get that if tagging is for staff only?

Rem = Staff

Sucks my balls rem.
Old 9th October 2008, 13:48   #360
chriswoodward
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 05 Mini Cooper S
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
chriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nice

i dont understand, im fairly new to the site no one ever neg repped me for asking questions most were glad to help and those that wernt didnt have an input i even managed to get 3 good rep lol i liked rep :-(