Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 26th March 2009, 02:24   #1
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member
Question Different Rules For Newbies and For Sale Section.....

hey guys.

I dont no if this has been brought up before, but maybe the rules for the for sale section could be changed for new people??

Im VERY against people getting scammed etc

But maybe make it so the newbies CAN view the for sale sections, and post in them but just have it so they cant make a new thread??

Just so they cant try and sell anything and then scam people??

Reason i say this is i have seen alot of newbie threads asking if people have certain items.

Surely it would be better for them to be able to buy things o help other members etc.... obviously cant scam anyone if they are just buying things.

keep the 100 post/30days thing but have it so it only effects them posting new threads in the for sale sections....

just a thought

EDIT - also have it so they can fully use the "wanted" section.... not sure if this is already in place though
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...

Last edited by Spanky; 26th March 2009 at 02:27.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 06:48   #2
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

Ok yes just noitced the thread below this one which got locked.

Still think its a good idea to let them viw and buy from the for sale section but not post.

As if you think about it and look at the "been scammed" threads, its allways someone buying somthing, paying and then not receiving the item.

Not someone buying somthing, the seller sending the item then the seller not gettin payment.....
Quote:
Quote:
Old 26th March 2009, 11:29   #3
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

But if the newbies buy something, whos to say they will send the item.

Scammers are everywere, no offence to the genuine members on here, but some are like sheep in wolfs clothing.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 12:59   #4
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Hmm yes that is a fair point john!

I just think it is a tad unfair that they cant even view the sections to consider buying anything.

Fair play to the rule of them not selling anything though, but imo they should be allowed to buy or ATLEAST be able to post in the "wanted" section so members can PM them and arrange a sale....
Quote:
Quote:
Old 26th March 2009, 13:03   #5
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

If people are brain dead enough to get a pm off a newbie selling what they are after stupidly cheap, then forward the payment onto them, then blame Saxp cause they got scammed, means your idea will never happen

Sorry
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 13:26   #6
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
If people are brain dead enough to get a pm off a newbie selling what they are after stupidly cheap, then forward the payment onto them, then blame Saxp cause they got scammed, means your idea will never happen

Sorry
when in my thread did i mention a "newbie" selling anything??

Im on about relaxing the rules a little so they can view what is for sale so they can "buy" things.

Not sell them.......
Quote:
Quote:
Old 26th March 2009, 13:40   #7
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

you said about letting them view and post in the wanted section...
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 18:47   #8
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

One of the reasons the forums are completely closed to 'new' memebrs is that when they were viewable, people still let themselves be scammed by pming people to buy things or receiving pm's for things for sale.

There have beenfar too many people scammed and hence these strict rules are in place. I don;t see this changing any time soon.

I know its an inconvenience... but thats life. Too many people have proven themselves too stupid to protect themselves.

There are other websites dedicated to trading items. Saxperience does not consider trading a priority.

Simo

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 23:43   #9
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
you said about letting them view and post in the wanted section...
Hmm yes fair play i can see where that would go wrong, ment for them to post up things they may want but then would of corse see whatr others want leading to scamming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
One of the reasons the forums are completely closed to 'new' memebrs is that when they were viewable, people still let themselves be scammed by pming people to buy things or receiving pm's for things for sale.

There have beenfar too many people scammed and hence these strict rules are in place. I don;t see this changing any time soon.

I know its an inconvenience... but thats life. Too many people have proven themselves too stupid to protect themselves.

There are other websites dedicated to trading items. Saxperience does not consider trading a priority.

Simo
Fair do's mate.

I guess rules are rules.

just with all the threads from newbies actually wanting to buy stuff, even looking for a saxo to buy, thought it may b a good idea.

Never mind, some people are dumb though and walk into being scammed, and i can see why you would get sick of them turning to you afterwards.

Fair play.
Quote:
Quote: