Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 3rd December 2010, 11:53   #1
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!
Default Big Narstie - View on Grime and where its heading + Tynchie Stryder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECZr3tpV6cc

Taking his typical comical view on things lol

Last edited by Mochachino; 3rd December 2010 at 11:58.
Mochachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 23:19   #2
crossy77
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2000 Reg 1.4 Saxo SX
crossy77 is on a distinguished road

grime lover then likewise love pure grime
crossy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:12   #3
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

What he said is true, and something I have noticed but it's a choice between 'keeping it real' or making money.

It comes across as a corner shop owner hating another one because he owns a supermarket now and doesn't sell jerk sauce in it.

I think Tinchy still has tracks on his current album that he could've released that would've been considered grime. The difference is that he has generic pop tunes on it as well, so he looses 'love from the streets'.

I'd agree that Tinie is making what he wants but then he has Kelly Rowland on a song, when there are probably good enough UK female vocalists that could've done as good a job. My point being that maybe Tinie was coerced in to using Kelly to sell more. Not that it's not a good opportunity to work with her mind.

Roll Deep are probably the best example of what he was saying imo. All of there new songs sound so similar, and I'm yet to hear anything 'grime' from them lately. But it probably comes from Wiley looking at Dizzee and going 'you know what, we could make some 'p' doing grime, or make a shit load more making dance pop'.

At the end of the day it's what sells and whether you choose to make as much money as you can knowing this or not.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:45   #4
Saxo-SX
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Saxo-SX is on a distinguished road

He is right though. I used to be into grime when I was younger but I think its a lot of my favourite artists changing to commerical crap (Roll deep, Dizzy etc) that put me off the scene tbh. ....Bit of a change from being into Grime and now being majorly into Trance

Some favourites I can remember that I havnt heard of making it big are Northstar, Mike GLC, gatsby and Skinnyman. Not sure if these are still making new music as I dont follow the scene anymore.
Old 14th December 2010, 17:24   #5
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Im not gunna lie, if i was in the position of chipmunk, tinchy etc, i would sell out, just for the money.

At the end of the day fan loyalty wont buy you a house, and shit hot cars! Move where the money goes imo.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote