Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 24th March 2012, 17:45   #181
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
what the hell did you do to those old drop links lmao, been on the move since you fitted them?
I tried to be subtle about it Baz, i did! Yeah i have it feels fine. I cant say i feel a difference but its one thing off the list. The list gets smaller quick and big quick.

Cheers.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 17:48   #182
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

very subtle lmao! struggle was it? must say its soo much easier with an air gun lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 17:52   #183
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
very subtle lmao! struggle was it? must say its soo much easier with an air gun lol
I had limited tools HAHA FML. It was indeed man. I started at 12:30ish and finished at 3pm PMSL. I was hoping it would take me an hr.

I used a old adjustable wrench and small allen key thing to nip them up tight. If i didnt have one i really wouldnt be able to drive it about. I was in the shed looking about for bits like a dog eating beans.

If i had plenty of spare coin i would really stick it in a garage.. but its the joys of replacing parts yourself.
Old 29th March 2012, 12:51   #184
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Right i thought this job would be a simple unbolt, new one in rebolt. NO. I set away a hr before i had to take ma to work yesterday so only managed one! What a chew on. I jacked the car up so the ARB would lower so i could pull the old one off. I must say they are shite the rubber is very thin with metal inside to flex it over the ARB. So putting the drivers side back on, happy the nut and mount came off east i assumed it would would be the same going back on... so the Powerflex rubber is thicker so i had to faff on with my car jacked up and another jack on the ARB mount pressing it tight.

So i only manage to get one done ma shouts HURREHH UP!? anyway i took the car out with the pass orig and drivers with new bush in. What a difference driverside felt more stiffer then it did and the pas felt sloppy. SO yeh im happy with dat. Came back and chewed on again with the pass. Good buy, nightmare of a job.

Pics;

Jack pressing it up tight. It would of been abit easier changing them when i done the drop links but ah well.

After

T50 star bit.

Powerflex lower engine mount next on the cards. Hopefully that stops my loud ish squeak when i change gear.
Old 29th March 2012, 12:54   #185
m11ler
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Posi VTR, Eunos Roadster
iTrader Score: 6 (88%)
m11ler is on a distinguished road

Reccomend them then? Much of a difference?
m11ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 12:56   #186
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m11ler View Post
Reccomend them then? Much of a difference?

I went out with one orig and one with the new bush in (because i had no choice) and the drivers side felt much better, more stiffer.. the pass felt abit sloppy. Im not just saying it because one side was new i could actually tell the difference.
Old 30th March 2012, 12:05   #187
bytor
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Audi A6 Avant Quattro.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
bytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to behold

Drop links didn't look that bad - from the pictures, probably why you didn't notice much. Maybe less knocking from the front end!

Looks like its going to handle nicely for the road when you are done! Good work.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:30   #188
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor View Post
Drop links didn't look that bad - from the pictures, probably why you didn't notice much. Maybe less knocking from the front end!

Looks like its going to handle nicely for the road when you are done! Good work.
Na i didnt think they were mate. I dont have the knocking noise since i changed the ARB rubbers. Defo worth buying imo.

Finished polishing the cam cover today, pics tommorow. Went to the scrapyard and got 2 arch clips for the back drivers side arch and a screw for the dial surround! Yes. (well overdue) Now ive found out that the sqeaking is the lower engine mount next to the downpipe so a Powerflex one will be getting ordered tonight! I just need one black screw for the coilpack, inlet side if anyone has one?

cheers.

Next week some new spark plugs and poss coilpack pending coilpack price, ha.

Next couple of weeks or so.., ITG panel filter, Kamracing gear linkages and 2 new front decent tyres. (rears are spot on)

Last edited by Prickle; 30th March 2012 at 17:32.
Old 30th March 2012, 20:13   #189
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Just ordered this from Ruderacing to cure my squeak, lower engine mount. Im too kind to this car.

£23 seen prices a few quid higher so ye.
Old 31st March 2012, 13:44   #190
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

So took pics of the cam cover finally finished. Might give it another rub over. Unshur TBH. In a pic from a couple weeks ago the front shined more. meh.

Last edited by Prickle; 31st March 2012 at 13:56.
Old 31st March 2012, 14:25   #191
m11ler
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Posi VTR, Eunos Roadster
iTrader Score: 6 (88%)
m11ler is on a distinguished road

I have a squeek almost exactly like yours i think, does it when changing gear and when i come on and off the throttle! You reckon its lower gearbox mount then?
m11ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 14:30   #192
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m11ler View Post
I have a squeek almost exactly like yours i think, does it when changing gear and when i come on and off the throttle! You reckon its lower gearbox mount then?
It does it everytime i change gear, tap the throttle, engine moves, bosh.. squeak. I got my dad to have a look yday. I basically had the bonnet open kept pulling/stopping so the engine would jerk to find the squeak ands he said its defo not the gbox one or one under the ECU. He said it moves far too much then it should be anyway!

Mine must be that. The rubber mount itself doesnt look that good anyway! The exhaust springs are fine so. Il let you know if it is when i get it in the post. Im hoping it is. If is not that then il change the other 2 hahahah. horrible embarresing noise tbh..

Last edited by Prickle; 31st March 2012 at 14:34.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prickle For This Useful Post:
Old 1st April 2012, 11:37   #193
bytor
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Audi A6 Avant Quattro.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
bytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to behold

ECU engine mount is prone to going the pin that runs through the middle snaps then the engine rocks about slightly.

Doing this car some good well done! Need to find the time (and money) to sort mine out (again!)

Last edited by bytor; 1st April 2012 at 12:09.
bytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 12:17   #194
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor View Post
ECU engine mount is prone to going the pin that runs through the middle snaps then the engine rocks about slightly.

Doing this car some good well done! Need to find the time (and money) to sort mine out (again!)
So maybe that too?

Cheers! i do it bit by bit.
Old 1st April 2012, 12:23   #195
harry289
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Saxo VTR
harry289 is on a distinguished road

Looking good prickle! Some good parts used there keep it up. Engine bay is beginning to look tidy too it's crying out for a 4-2-1 stainless and removal of the EGR valve
harry289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 12:37   #196
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry289 View Post
Looking good prickle! Some good parts used there keep it up. Engine bay is beginning to look tidy too it's crying out for a 4-2-1 stainless and removal of the EGR valve
and lowering springs/coilies
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 12:43   #197
harry289
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Saxo VTR
harry289 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr15 View Post
Well it looks like he's doing things properly so maybe a decent set of dampers along with 40mm springs

By the way I need to get myself some of them exhaust mounts
harry289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 21:03   #198
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

As per my pic on FB my Supersprint centre section snapped 70miles away from home. Ears bled and it was slow!

Now on the look out for a decent one or im waiting a week or 2 then buying new. Money id rathenot pull out but ah well.. I also need to new clamps..

Quote:
Cheers man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr15 View Post
Quote:
Well it looks like he's doing things properly so maybe a decent set of dampers along with 40mm springs

By the way I need to get myself some of them exhaust mounts
Yeah they're worth the money!
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:25   #199
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Well i wish i didnt have to buy a NEW one i should of in the first place tbf. Buy cheap buy twice *sigh. Money id rather keep but at least this one wont snap on me miles and miles away from home.

Once ive bought this new centre section this Thursday and new spark plugs im nipping spending in the car for a couple of months other then cleaning gear. Ive done pretty much what ive wanted to atm or i did..

wanting to save more every week then im currently doing + i want to buy things for myself instead of the car all the time. In fairness i havent spend that much in the last 3 months but since ive spreaded it out it seems like every week and more.

Oh and a pic of the pipe.

ey up

As you can imagine, it was very loud. So atm im rolling with a shit sounding exhaust. Silencer centre section back in with 2".

Engine mount should be here tommorow (IMO) so il fit that on my first day off work.

Most if not all will think im daft but tbh im sick of buying new/uprated parts already. Never ending cycle.

Last edited by Prickle; 2nd April 2012 at 17:38.
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:45   #200
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

repost
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote