Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 2nd August 2011, 16:49   #41
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titchster View Post
I think Stu (slammed106) had the first one outside of race cars, since my understanding is, that it was after talking to him that they became commercial.
does he not have a TU gearbox

The trick with any quickshift or replacement gearlever is not to rush the gearchange. You can slam cars into gear and significantly shorten the lifespan of the mechanisms.

We have just received another batch of these
Both the Satchshift for BE gearbox conversions;
and the Satchshift for standard TU gearbox

Next working day delivery!
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:52   #42
titchster
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Was:16v 106 XS ..... Now: Import 1.8 MX5
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
titchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the rough

Maybe.

I kinda missed the 'BE' part, lol.
titchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:56   #43
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by titchster View Post
I think Stu (slammed106) had the first one outside of race cars, since my understanding is, that it was after talking to him that they became commercial.
Ah really? I thought we might be the first as we had to get Colin to modify one of the linkages to fit - I seem to remember he said at the time it was the first time he'd sold one - perhaps the first "commercial" kit!

Either way, the kit is outstanding - it's my poor driving that's done the damage.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:02   #44
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

ah that explains it Just looking back over my PM's on RR - seems we did have the first BE one after all! Testimony to Colin is that it only needed a tiny bit of modification to get right (an extension to the bent arm was required).

As for my driving - yeah, I kinda know that now lol Need to learn some mechanical sympathy for sure. In my defence, I was trying to wring every last ounce of performance out of the weedy 150bhp or so that we had on the day! I suspect with 3 times that power the next time we're there, I wont be in such a rush to change gears

Last edited by Ross; 2nd August 2011 at 17:05.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:25   #45
slammed106
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
slammed106 is on a distinguished road

Dave Kift had the first 106 Satchshift.. and when he converted to BE again he was the first... but Colin/Sandy help him with the racecar so its not technically a "public" version..

i was pestering Colin for over a year before he cracked and gave me some info/pics to make my own..

mine is also along the original design where both rods go through the bulkhead,theres NOTHING in the tunnel, it was tweaked before he started doing kits..
slammed106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:41   #46
Rossp
Super Moderator

Why did it get changed to the current setup any idea? Need to pester you about something else actually - I'll pm you this evening.
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:47   #47
slammed106
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

slammed106 is on a distinguished road

not sure tbh... "ease of fitment" most likely
slammed106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 05:41   #48
Sandy309
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 XSi
Sandy309 is on a distinguished road

Yes, one hole to cut rather than two and it made the pivot assembly a bit neater.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the standard linkage protects the gearbox from aggressive use, it doesn't! Our competition customers have absolutely reduced their gearbox failures using these improved linkages. What I do think might happen in some cases however, is the greater feel of this kit, encourages aggressive use.
Sandy309 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy309 For This Useful Post:
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:55   #49
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't drove much driving with mine but when I tested it up the road the other day it felt amazing! I understand how people could get heavy handed with it being big and chunky but to me it feels so light and it just falls into the right gear...no need to slam it!
qrty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qrty For This Useful Post:
Old 10th August 2011, 13:54   #50
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy309 View Post
Yes, one hole to cut rather than two and it made the pivot assembly a bit neater.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the standard linkage protects the gearbox from aggressive use, it doesn't! Our competition customers have absolutely reduced their gearbox failures using these improved linkages. What I do think might happen in some cases however, is the greater feel of this kit, encourages aggressive use.
which is why i would urge people to keep some rubber cushioning in the linkage somewhere--
Old 10th August 2011, 20:00   #51
nickhead
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): '12 VW T5.1 Sportline '99 bodied 106 GTI
nickhead is on a distinguished road

Im looking forward to mine when i get the engine and satchshift back!

I have had a play with a couple in other cars and it feels awesome!!
nickhead is offline   Reply With Quote