Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 18th July 2010, 19:43   #21
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): 53 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuire86 View Post
Oh Hai Noobs

Youre not going to get drastic results in just a few months from taking supplements, especially if you are new to training.
A good diet, good training with the addition of supplements and you may notice some noticable gains 5 months + down the line.
Green shits and agro ? Never heard of it. Ive been taking whey protein for years and never had any side effects.
Maximuscle is just over priced, you can get just as good qaulity from less expensive companies, with maximuscle you're just paying for the name.
Mate, serious what? If you're new to training you're going to see the best gains as your body isn't used to the stresses and strains its subjected to under training so you'll find the best growth will occur early on
Crunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 20:37   #22
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): clio 172 exclusive track toy
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powellyboi View Post
*cough* STC *cough*
SCI MENTOR ISOLATE claimed 88 percent protein on the tub the results we got back from testing was 56 percent
Old 18th July 2010, 20:39   #23
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): clio 172 exclusive track toy
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkers View Post
Yeh I know, Maximuscle I believe were done around 5 times for under cutting their products
we havent tested maximuscle as its so over priced compared to other proteins .we have tested 15 different products in the last 2 months
Old 18th July 2010, 21:08   #24
Powellyboi
Established Member

Car(s): www.thatpanelbeater.co.uk
Powellyboi is on a distinguished road

interesting Andy, are you going to post your findings???? Tested any gaspari???
Powellyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 21:37   #25
bonkersmk1
Regular Poster

Car(s): 9ltr saxo vts with flux capacitor mk7 nissan mi
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
bonkersmk1 is on a distinguished road

get on deca mate haha
bonkersmk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 22:33   #26
Robin91
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): EK9 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Robin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mate, serious what? If you're new to training you're going to see the best gains as your body isn't used to the stresses and strains its subjected to under training so you'll find the best growth will occur early on
This is correct, often referred to as 'newbie gains'. Results will begin to slow as your body becomes accustomed to the process.
Robin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 22:53   #27
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So you are going to see drastic reults a few months from just taking supplements ?
Ok..
Old 18th July 2010, 22:56   #28
Robin91
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): EK9 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Robin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant future

Quote:
So you are going to see drastic reults in 8 weeks from just taking supplement ?
Ok..
He never said that.. he said that he'll see a the greatest gains as a newbie to training which is correct. He could see some good results in 8 weeks with solid training and diet, and supplements will help play a small % in that, especially if he's got decent genetics etc.

To be fair though, 90% of it is Training + Diet. Supplements are as they say, people blow the idea of them out of proportion and believe that magic pills exist. The only 'supplement' that's going to give you big gains is juicing, which certainly isn't advisable for someone who's just starting out in training!
Robin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 23:01   #29
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91 View Post
He never said that.. he said that he'll see a the greatest gains as a newbie to training which is correct. He could see some good results in 8 weeks with solid training and diet, and supplements will help play a small % in that, especially if he's got decent genetics etc.

To be fair though, 90% of it is Training + Diet. Supplements are as they say, people blow the idea of them out of proportion and believe that magic pills exist. The only 'supplement' that's going to give you big gains is juicing, which certainly isn't advisable for someone who's just starting out in training!
I originally responded to someone who said his friend had 'put on loads' in a few months with supplements. Which i replied you wont see drastic results within a few months with just suppelements. Which crunkers seemes to believe is correct.
I never said you wont see any gains, I just said you wont see drastic results.
Old 18th July 2010, 23:27   #30
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91 View Post

Thank you, got it in one.

Quote:
I originally responded to someone who said his friend had 'put on loads' in a few months with supplements. Which i replied you wont see drastic results within a few months with just suppelements. Which crunkers seemes to believe is correct.
I never said you wont see any gains, I just said you wont see drastic results.
No Crunkers doesn't necessarily believe that "drastic" gains will occur, what Crunkers knows is that if the lad trains well and has a spot on diet he will notice the best gains possible right from the word go. I put on around 2-2.5 stone within the first 6 months of training, because I researched what I was doing before implementing it, supps did help a great deal as they had the extra calories, protein, carbs and fats needed to help me get the most out of my training
Old 18th July 2010, 23:33   #31
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Quote:
Thank you, got it in one.

No Crunkers doesn't necessarily believe that "drastic" gains will occur, what Crunkers knows is that if the lad trains well and has a spot on diet he will notice the best gains possible right from the word go. I put on around 2-2.5 stone within the first 6 months of training, because I researched what I was doing before implementing it, supps did help a great deal as they had the extra calories, protein, carbs and fats needed to help me get the most out of my training
No shit But I never even said that wasnt true. I said about drastic results within a few months from just suppelements was hard to beleive which someone on this thread claimed. But again you are making an argument over nothing, fuck me, read before you quote my posts please.
Old 18th July 2010, 23:38   #32
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Quote:
No shit But I never even said that wasnt true. I said about drastic results within a few months from just suppelements was hard to beleive which someone on this thread claimed. But again you are making an argument over nothing, fuck me, read before you quote my posts please.
No need for arsey comments, end of the day everyones biology is different, so what doesn't work for you or me may work fantastically well for someone else.

Either that or he is on roids