Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 2nd May 2012, 22:57   #41
Syphillis
Infrequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 Saxo VTR
Syphillis is on a distinguished road

This was a great read, I'm impressed with the results considering the lack of a diet too.
Motivation for myself, not going to lie.
Syphillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 00:19   #42
666saxo666
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
666saxo666 is on a distinguished road

Ok Just to update this...

Last update i said i had 3 months off because. 1. i wanted to gain weight and 2. i felt i was starting to plateau.

From the start - first 12 months...

So after the 3 month break ...

I had managed to put on a bit of weight and it would 'appear' i had lost all my work. but it was more covered in a bit of weight. I new it was there and wouldnt take much to get to how i wanted to look. You will see on the thread that people thought it was a bit strange to have 3 months off etc and its not really done by anyone. Well it worked for me. Im lifting more than i ever did and ive had to push hard through the pain of getting back into it but its been worth it.

The following pics are 1st month on the left and 2nd month on the right after the 3 month break... and it took a serious lot of hardwork

Current weight is about 12st8. Ive tried to focus on core/abs more alot lately and gettin my BMI down as i had put on alot of fat from the 3 months off as you see in pic.
Still along way to go till i reach what i want but its going in the right direction.
666saxo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 16:25   #43
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Just thought i would share this...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/broc...r_training.htm

Great read
Old 3rd June 2012, 00:26   #44
Dizzy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): A4 2.0 TFSI Sline
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Why the piss poor lighting? You cant actually see anything! Also if you think a fighter does a bodybuilding split 4x a week you are sadly mistaken. None of the pros publish their actual training regime, the only one who is half truthful is GSP and even he just does stuff to sell. The only fighter training you should pay attention to is Martin Rooneys training for warriors series.
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:43   #45
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Ive only got a phone camera. It does the job.
And i imagine heavyweights do train similiar to that article.
Old 11th July 2012, 09:50   #46
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Just as a little update.
Trying to start work on a decent diet although i always try and fail. My diet is still very poor. Still using the same supps - Creapure(My protein) pre workout and Maximuscle Cyclone post. And thats it. Nothing else.
Also after having 3 months off to stop the plateau it really did work and results are still good after 18 months and i havent hit a wall yet as most said i would with a sh't diet.
Started at about 11 stone and now about 13 and half stone with a very low bmi.

One thing i wanted to ask as ive seen it advertised on them shoppin channels loads is this p90x? Whats the deal with it. Obviously they try and sell you it but its all the rage in america it seems.
Old 11th July 2012, 09:55   #47
shell-vt
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Jetta sport TDI. Saxo vts
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
shell-vt is on a distinguished road

yer it all takes time but good results..
Old 20th August 2012, 00:59   #48
SaxoWM
L-plater

SaxoWM is on a distinguished road

1 week deload is usually good regarding time off, what are you lifts looking like now? I should imagine around your height you wanna gun for at least 15 stone
SaxoWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 14:41   #49
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Ye ive done a week off in the past but i did a couple on months off to fully restart my body if you like. It seemed to work well tbf. Im up to about 13 stone now with very little fat so ill update soon.
Still doin the same routine as page 1 still with a rather poor diet. I do eat all the good foods - salmon/egg/tuna/wholemeal bread and fresh meat like chicken and steaks etc but i still mix it in with fizzies/beer/general crap food. Maccies etc.

In terms of strength and weight etc heres what weight i do on some machines to give you idea -

Chest press and incline chest press (assisted machine not bench) -50kg on each side. Started on 25kg each side

Bench - 100kg including bar. Started on 50kg

Shoulder press - 35kg each side. Started on 20kg

Lat Pulldown (back) - 60kg each side. Started on 40kg.

So in the nearly 2 years i managed to double my weights. And looking at it now and thinkin back i was weak as fook aswell.

Would be interesting to see what weights other people do. Im by no means up there with some of the weights some other people in the gym lift. But im not liftin beginner weights so i dont look like a noob.
Old 21st August 2012, 23:59   #50
Reid
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
Reid has a spectacular aura aboutReid has a spectacular aura about

what sort of reps you doing here?

That seems a good bench for your size if your forms good

I am only benching 70kg + bar in my workout at the moment but that's clean and proper.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:56   #51
lwigmore
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
lwigmore is on a distinguished road

Form is usually, touching the centre of your chest with the bar, not this half rep bollocks that i see people do cause there pushing too much weight lol

But get some good pics up offf yourself fella as can't really tell in the dark with the pics at the moment
lwigmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:50   #52
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwigmore View Post
Form is usually, touching the centre of your chest with the bar, not this half rep bollocks that i see people do cause there pushing too much weight lol

But get some good pics up offf yourself fella as can't really tell in the dark with the pics at the moment
I appreciate the pic quality is a bit crap. My actual camera has broken and i only have my phone camera and its really crap with exposure of light so it needs to be a dark background or you literally cant see anything. The only thing i can do is maybe do a black and white photo and that might be ok. Ill give it a go now.

In terms of weight and form. Form is always good. Bar to chest etc. And reps on the above weights is 8. Ive got a pic from on photobucket now i'll edit and put up.
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:06   #53
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Ok so as said above my camera is broke so ive done a black and white edit which is ok i think.

Gettin on for about 2 years now since i started (see first post for original pics etc).
Still no diet - As i type this i have a glass of what my dad calls 'full fatboy's coke' next to me. I guess everyone's different especially when it comes to weights/training/muscle etc
My routine is still the same however and it has never changed see day 1. (See first post if your interested)
In my time ive found muscle talk to be a useful resource once u sift few the BS. And also to be fair this section aswell and there are a fair few people who have even commented in this thread that no their onions.

Original pic (unedited - as u can see the camera is not the best but its all ive got. The background has to be dark otherwise if its light you cant see a thing for some reason.)

And then same pic edited black/white...

Im 6ft 2 and current weight is around 12.7 stone. I suspect body fat % to be low teens.
I started 11.4 stone with a fair bit of body fat. and in 2 years i wanted 13 stone so ive not done to badly from what set out to achieve.

Last edited by 666saxo666; 23rd August 2012 at 22:09.
Old 25th August 2012, 13:50   #54
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Why 8 reps ? Upper body movements should be 10 and lower body 12 minimum. You're training for contraction and to brake down the muscle fibres. 8 reps is ok for strength but if that's not your goal then you're wasting your workouts.
Old 26th August 2012, 19:51   #55
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Why the piss poor lighting? You cant actually see anything! Also if you think a fighter does a bodybuilding split 4x a week you are sadly mistaken. None of the pros publish their actual training regime, the only one who is half truthful is GSP and even he just does stuff to sell. The only fighter training you should pay attention to is Martin Rooneys training for warriors series.
Always makes me laugh when you get people training like bodybuilders thinking it will make them better fighters. LOL
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 20:15   #56
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Always makes me laugh when you get people training like bodybuilders thinking it will make them better fighters. LOL
Not if they're doing it as a hobby, doesn't make me laugh atall.

I did MMA for a number of months whilst following my bodybuilding lifestyle. I wasn't going to compete in the UFC or make an appearance at that years Mr Olympia so why can't you do both if your body can handle it ??

I'm starting Krav Maga in the winter and will continue with my bodybuilding.
Old 26th August 2012, 21:27   #57
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Because it's detrimental to train like a bodybuilder for combat sports / martial arts?

I can actually confirm this as when I started doing things like bicep curls and other concentration exercises my speed went out the window (boxing)

When I started doing things like jump squats with a barbell on my back, plyometics, medicine ball stuff, powerlifting, hill sprints, burpees with a weighted vest, using resistance bands etc etc I was far better, definitely noticed a difference in my last fight. And the extra strength definitely came into play in my last Ju Jitsu tournament when I was grappling this 18 stone monster lol

How come you didnt stick at MMA btw? Work or other commitments got in the way? Plan to stick at KM for years or just dabbling in things?
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.

Last edited by JamesR; 26th August 2012 at 21:35.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 22:05   #58
mangojace
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 12 (93%)
mangojace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Because it's detrimental to train like a bodybuilder for combat sports / martial arts?

I can actually confirm this as when I started doing things like bicep curls and other concentration exercises my speed went out the window (boxing)

When I started doing things like jump squats with a barbell on my back, plyometics, medicine ball stuff, powerlifting, hill sprints, burpees with a weighted vest, using resistance bands etc etc I was far better, definitely noticed a difference in my last fight. And the extra strength definitely came into play in my last Ju Jitsu tournament when I was grappling this 18 stone monster lol

How come you didnt stick at MMA btw? Work or other commitments got in the way? Plan to stick at KM for years or just dabbling in things?
Too true. Had a guy who does bodybuilding come into are boxing club. He tried a go at boxing, he was gassing after a few minutes, no stamina. And was far to slow for boxing.
mangojace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mangojace For This Useful Post:
Old 26th August 2012, 23:58   #59
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Isnt it all to do with fast twitch muscles..?

i.e... bodybuilders do heavy weight with less reps to build big muscle and mma/boxing training would be less weight but fast and more reps.

I remember an interview with amir kahn and even though he only weighed 9 stone or somethin he had alot of power due to the fibres (fast twitch) in his muscles.
Old 27th August 2012, 11:34   #60
mangojace
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 12 (93%)
mangojace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666saxo666 View Post
Isnt it all to do with fast twitch muscles..?

i.e... bodybuilders do heavy weight with less reps to build big muscle and mma/boxing training would be less weight but fast and more reps.

I remember an interview with amir kahn and even though he only weighed 9 stone or somethin he had alot of power due to the fibres (fast twitch) in his muscles.
Evveryone has fast/slow twitch muscles, but yes sprinters for example are fast twitch etc.

People seam to think because a bodybuilder is muscley that his punches will be alot harder. When in fact most of the power from a punch is from the hips etc. A boxer needs to be fast and on his feet, a bodybuilder is slow and bulky. Comparing Boxing/MMA to bodybuilding is stupid imo. Two totally different things.
mangojace is offline   Reply With Quote