Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 23rd December 2012, 08:34   #21
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

The ps3 is far more complicated to program, it crunches more numbers but you have to make those numbers flow quicker through less RAM. The programmers always moaned at the playstation for being tough to code. Nothing new, the creators of Abe's odyssey called it quits as soon as they saw the architecture and developing tools on the 3.

The PS3 can output higher degree of visuals with the HDMI cable and the 1.3a specs, while Xbox 360 is behind with 1.2 specs. I also noticed the level of brightness on the xbox is slightly dark-ish, quite obvious when playing DVDs, it's just too dark and lacks detail. If you try to push your settings on your TV, you'll see all the artifacts. During games the xbox compensates by pushing the ingame lighting. I'll you that one that it has better shading and lighting tools on it, while the ps3 has to do some backbuffer rendering to achieve the same in-game result.

On the ps3, the brightness is very well calibrated, the details are sharper, less edgy with much less scaling. There's a side by side comparison here: http://uk.gamespot.com/features/xbox...rison-6162742/

Try this: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1657308...omparison.html

Pause it at exactly 0:47 when the guy says "invitation please", and look at the red curtains: you will see the difference in detail, sharpness, contrast and brightness. Both versions look very similar when in motion, but I'd say the ps3 has the slightly upper hand.

Keep in mind it's very much down to the developers and how much effort they put into it, so all that little debate is to be taken with a grain of salt. In America they work according to deadlines (see EA and their mostly unfinished games and some so called "new" games - watch this: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/10/fifa-13-wii/. Same goes for Tiger Woods PGA up until 2010, they didn't bother updating the sounds and comments at all), regardless or whether the product is well polished or not. Now when you see games such as GT5 and Metal Gear Solid, they have more than just a habit of cancelling the release date and push it further, as in "not ready just yet". I still see MGS sons of liberty as one if not the best looking game on PS2, pushing far beyond the on paper technical limitations of the console.

All that said, I wonder what sort of drive will be on the xbox 720. Are they going to bow down and put a BR drive on it, I doubt it.

Last edited by Manu; 23rd December 2012 at 08:38.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 02:22   #22
Old_School_Saxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Ph2 Furio, Fiesta Mk4 1.7, Astra H 1.8 SRI
Old_School_Saxo is on a distinguished road

since your bringing up old games on new consoles here one that says ps3 is better and which to be frank is right, alot of xbox360 games look more in the same spec as ps2.

http://gematsu.com/2012/10/zone-of-t...s3-vs-xbox-360

which on zone of the enders xbox360 uses the same frame rate as the ps2!
Old_School_Saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 09:58   #23
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Give it up man. You love your ps3 more. There are plenty of examples where the opposite is true but who cares. Gaming isn't all about graphics

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 00:27   #24
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

I've been a playstation man my whole life, but last week I got an Xbox 360 elite, mainly because I wanted Forza 4.

Quality of the consoles- PS3 feels like a more finished, premium product. The Xbox is a noisy little thing, whereas my 3 year old PS3 is near silent. Interface and overall impression on the PS3 is a tad more upmarket.

Graphics, it is hard to split them. Comparing Forza 4 to GT5, I would say the colours and scenery in GT5 is better. Obviously standard cars look shite but when comparing the Premium GT5 cars to Forza 4 cars, again GT5 seems to have the edge.

The PS3 is a better multi-media system as well, but the Xbox has some really cool titles. I don't like the deal with Xbox live, its pricey and downloads/expansions are costly. PS3 downloads are costly too, but at least they don't charge for hooking up.

The Elite came with a scart connection for non HD-TV, PS3 doesn't. The Xbox does feel like the slightly cheaper console that it is, but that does't make it bad. In fact, sometimes the cheap and cheerful stuff is often more of a giggle to use.
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 03:44   #25
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Forza > GT5. Forza is beautifully detailed, the only game i've seen equal them is Dirt 3 F12012 is quite good etc.

Xbox controller is better, though the rechargeable part of the PS3 controller is better, online is better on xbox imo. Also, gears of war.

PS3 should look better really but i've always thought it was about the same. Don't think it matters if it's HDMI 1.3 or 1.2 though it's all 1080?

Metal gear solid, plus point for PS3. New one's coming to both I think/hope. New xbox is out end of this year ain't it?