Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 31st August 2006, 22:23   #1
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member
Exclamation Guide to Wiring Angel Eyes THE REAL WAY!

Ok lads, alot of you have questions on how to wire mk1 angel eyes on your saxo and there was alot of faulse information in previous guides id like to clear up for every1.

Here is the back of an angel eye unit.

Stage 1

The new indicator and plug CAN BE USED. It was said to be 'useless' in other guides however it does plug straight in! Push down the spring clip on the indicator lens and release the bulb holder from the plug. This will simply pull out when the spring clip in pushed downwards.

This leave you with a female connector. Push the spring clip down and at the same time push the new inducator connector into the female plug. If done successfully, the plug will click into place.This is highlighted in the picture as blue Remove the bulb from the standard bulb holder and put it into the new indicator bulb holder. TEST the indIcator once this has been done. The indicator should now flash as normal.
If it does not flash, check the plug in fully in and not loose. Please note this needs to be done BEFORE the angel eye unit is bolted onto the slam panel as the wrinig is tucked down the wing.

Stage 2

The main and full beam. Once the unit is fitted to the chassis, the plug shown with a red arrowcan be plugged into the orignial headlight plug. This plug is MALE and fits into the FEMALE connector on the cars headlight loom. Its as simple as plugging it in. (3 prongs)

Test Dipped and main beam If working move onto the next stage

Stage 3

The Angel Eyes (acting as sidelights). There is ALOT of talk of cutting wires, however this is not needed!!!

Get all the red wires together, strip them to about 2cm of bare wire and twist them together. Using a slim red MALE spade connector as shown crimp the wires into the spade.

Use some insulation tape to secure from water and dirt. Do the same for the black wires shown in

Once this is done remove the bulb holder from the sidelight. Again this is a spring clip, push it down and pull the unit out. This will leave you with a plug with 2 FEMALE pins inside. Look to see which female connector the RED wire
links to (on the sidelight plug NOT ON THE ANGEL EYES. Slot the spade into the slot (red to red). Do the same for the black wires Shown in Orange(green on the cars loom)

test the angel eyes and they should light up. There is also 2 LED'S each side which light with the angel eyes. Please note THE ANGEL EYES ARE BARELY VISABLE IN THE DAYLIGHT.

If all is working, use some insulation tape and wrapp the whole connector up to insure water does not get in or for the wires to short circuit. Take great care in this process as you could knock the wires out and have to start again! (DOH)

Once it is all done, test all the lights (Sidelights, Indicators, Main beam and Dipped beam) All should be working at this point. Cable tie the wires so the job is neat and connections are secure and repeat steps 1 - 3 for the opposite side.

Hope this clears things up abit, shame i didnt get pictures when i did it but if you get any problems PM me and il give you a hand.

If you live local to Portsmouth and want a hand fitting some, slip me a tenner and il do them for you.

Remember, cutting wires is not a good idea specially if you need to swap back for standards at any point. In this method i have shown, each stage can be reversed for standard headlights without any hassle. Make sure you keep all your bulbs and bulbholders safe!!!

see here for results: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45326

cheers :

Last edited by DarylVTR; 31st August 2006 at 22:28.
DarylVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 22:25   #2
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

can you do a lowering one

can we hire you to fit them
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 22:26   #3
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

Nice one mate.

wrong section but nice one lol.

Recken a mod should make that a sticky in tehe relivant forum or make it into the guide section
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 22:27   #4
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

yer sorry lads didnt really know where to post. Its a great bit of info saves you cutting ANY wires, just shame i didnt get step by step pics i knew i should of but hopefully it makes sense anyway
Old 31st August 2006, 22:29   #5
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

styling and interior it is then
Old 31st August 2006, 23:29   #6
boy_r4cer
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): BMW 3 Series, Saxo,
boy_r4cer is on a distinguished road

nice one, be a great help this

boy_r4cer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 23:32   #7
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

rep? lol

Glad people are finding it useful, hopefully it can be put as a propper guide?! in the modifications section
Old 1st September 2006, 13:44   #8
al_VTR
East Anglia
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): (broken) mk1 Saxo VTR, MG ZS, BMW 3 Series
al_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to behold

think i'll be using this guide when i pull my finger out over the winter months.

like the picture of the "red" spade connector
al_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2006, 14:01   #9
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

sorry yes my mistake, the spade i used was RED (Shown is blue, couldnt find any pics of a red 1!) The red spades are really thin and the red crimp means the wires are held it securely as they have a smaller connector than the blue.
Old 1st September 2006, 14:36   #10
Dave_M
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk 1 VTS
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Dave_M is a glorious beacon of lightDave_M is a glorious beacon of lightDave_M is a glorious beacon of lightDave_M is a glorious beacon of lightDave_M is a glorious beacon of light

Nice guide mate. Could have done with it a few months ago when i fitted mine lol. I just made a permanent connection so the side lights would work on mine.
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:07   #11
tajjyboy

tajjyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hi i lost the female connector that is with the cars wiring and connects to the male connector with my angel eyes. u know where i can get this female connector..... couldnt find any from maplin..... HALFORDS?
tajjyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:15   #12
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

ebay maybe..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 10:12   #13
jarroyo
Infrequent Poster

jarroyo is on a distinguished road

Recently ordered Ultra Angel Eyes and need the spade connectors to connect the halo wires up, anyone have direct links to where i can buy them online?
Have 2 wires per unit (black and red) so would need 4 of male spade connectors.
jarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 10:20   #14
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

You could just twist the wires together or solder them if you have a soldering iron. Or get some plastic connector blocks. Mine are just twisted though and been fine since xmas

This weekend i'll write a guide for how to do it with pics etc if you are still unsure

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 13:42   #15
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

much better to solder the wire together imo, like mystic said twist them together, use a bit of paste flux on the bare wires, also slide some heatshrink over by twisting the wires together, and then apply the solder the flux pste wil burn off leaving the wires nicely soldered together then just heat up the shrink

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 13:46   #16
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Yeh, as i said mine are curently twisted and electrical taped together () which inevitably wont last forever. I've got some heatshrink & cable braid and will be re-doing them this weekend (allowing me to take pics etc for a guide) using the soldering & heatsrinking technique preds just described

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 14:05   #17
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

heatshrink is cheap enough and provides a good seal on them to keep water out

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 17:29   #18
jarroyo
Infrequent Poster

jarroyo is on a distinguished road

Great, thanks guys!

Will look forward to to the guide...
jarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 21:05   #19
Liam777
L-plater
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): saxo
Liam777 is on a distinguished road

nice one mate this guide has helped me loads
Liam777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 21:06   #20
Emma_ZS
Saxperience Post Whore
East Anglia Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. Mk2 Posi Furio 2. Fiesta Zetec S
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!

an old thread comes to life