Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 20th December 2015, 22:02   #1
kmak577
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 03 vtr
kmak577 is on a distinguished road
Default Lexia? Buying advice needed please

Looking at getting it to work on a c2 for forced dpf regeneration, and maybe to add cruise control. Would also be useful to play with the saxo too. Never had any kind of diagnostics kit before so a bit out of my depth when it comes to buying it. Any ideas what exactly I need and best place to buy? Also anyone know of any tutorial type links for using it?

Cheers for any help.
kmak577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 14:07   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Lexia is designed to work on pre 2001 saxo's,after 2001 it's an obd2 scanner that you need.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:19   #3
kmak577
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 03 vtr
kmak577 is on a distinguished road

Would you please be able to point me in the direction of such a device please. Want something that is fairly capable and not just a code reader. Aka can reset eolys fluid levels, play about with activating cruise control etc. Any recommendations?
kmak577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 11:24   #4
Alexa
L-plater

Alexa is on a distinguished road

What is the difference between Lite and Full ver.?
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 13:26   #5
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong, but a lite version will not erase fault codes.

Thread necro, but on the subject of forced regen and blocked DPF, buy 2 bottles of Diesel Magic (Comms) and put one per full tank. Second tank, go sit on the motorway at 50mph in third gear if you have a 5 speed gearbox, or 55 in 4th gear if you have a 6 speed gearbox (no faster than that).

It usually takes 10 minutes for the exhaust to reach regen temperatures and burn the shit out of the DPF.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 16:19   #6
Alexa
L-plater

I asked the guy that sells Lexia and he said the only difference is that Full ver. supports more cars.
Old 16th May 2019, 17:03   #7
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Good .
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 07:57   #8
Alexa
L-plater

I'm considering PSA COM vs Lexia Lite.It's hard to find feedback from these it's like they are rarely used.
Old 17th May 2019, 17:59   #9
Alexa
L-plater

Looks like PSA COM wins

http://obd2-diag.blogspot.com/2017/0...s-psa-com.html