Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 24th March 2007, 13:32   #61
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenet15 View Post
try and get a needle tip soldering iron as it was a bit of a pain with the one i was using as it had a big head

ok yeh, I think he has a flat tip to his so I might need to smuggle one out of college to do it

Was the LED a direct replacement?

scott
Old 24th March 2007, 13:36   #62
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Astra Turbo, saxo vts, punto turbo
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah mate u have to get SMD PLCC-2 LEDs they are a direct replacement and look like this:

the end that has the corner notched is the positive side, make sure u put the new leds on in the correct way round. here are some on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-SMD-SMT-PLC...QQcmdZViewItem

there were 10 sets on that ebay link earlier, its now down to 2 lol must have had a few poeple buy them off here

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
stevenet15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 13:38   #63
dannyjay
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenet15 View Post
might tell u in the hand book in the service pack what the squence is
It says press the second dash button to change the brightness. I always wondered what that button did!!
dannyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 13:41   #64
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
It says press the second dash button to change the brightness. I always wondered what that button did!!

to adjsut the brightsness u have to have the engine running and side lights on and then push the second button

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
Old 24th March 2007, 14:26   #65
blacksax1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): top of the range scort lol. yeah right
blacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of light

hey up mate i have just been down to maplins and they say they dont do any lights like these with this code. is there any other codes?
blacksax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 14:28   #66
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksax1 View Post
hey up mate i have just been down to maplins and they say they dont do any lights like these with this code. is there any other codes?
what do u mean code? i never gave a code there SMD PLCC-2 LEDs but i dont have a code for them, they dont have them on the maplins website so not all stores might not stock them i jsut walked into my maplins and asked for some. u can get some on ebay if not

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-SMD-SMT-PLC...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 24th March 2007, 14:31   #67
blacksax1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): top of the range scort lol. yeah right
blacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of lightblacksax1 is a glorious beacon of light

ok mate i went in and asked for smd plcc 2 and the bloke just looked at me wierd. maybe they dont do them in my store. i will have to buy off ebay instead
blacksax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 14:33   #68
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

only 2 left on ebay so u wana be qick

Old 24th March 2007, 15:01   #69
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

so you no all the littl clips on the back there must be at least 50 you dont need to unclip them lol???????

bet theres only about 10 or summit i was trying to unclip all the little ones and thought thats far too hard, are the clips just round the edge???

EDIT one set on abay now lol, im gonna do my mileometer maybe even make the needles glow a different colour, they will probablies turn out purple lol

Last edited by Predator_R32; 24th March 2007 at 15:09.
Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 15:17   #70
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
so you no all the littl clips on the back there must be at least 50 you dont need to unclip them lol???????

bet theres only about 10 or summit i was trying to unclip all the little ones and thought thats far too hard, are the clips just round the edge???

EDIT one set on abay now lol, im gonna do my mileometer maybe even make the needles glow a different colour, they will probablies turn out purple lol

yeah u jsut need to do the clips around the outside and the 2 biggest ones in the middle of the circuit board

Old 24th March 2007, 15:26   #71
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

awsome mate

tempted to try this how bright are they

and can you see the milometer clearley from the pics it looks like you cant but may just be the angle of pics

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 15:29   #72
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

great steve my smd leds are on there way

Old 24th March 2007, 15:31   #73
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesslevtr View Post
awsome mate

tempted to try this how bright are they

and can you see the milometer clearley from the pics it looks like you cant but may just be the angle of pics
you can set the brightness mate using the 2 buttons on the clocks, read above as i put how to do it.

as for the millage display you can see it fine it looks like this:

but in this pics it looks bright but its like the above pic

Old 24th March 2007, 15:39   #74
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

nice steve, been wanting to do my digital bit for ages but could never find the right leds, ill rep you when i can mate

Old 24th March 2007, 15:45   #75
richo
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
richo is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to behold

Anyone got another link where to purchase them.

Need more than 1 set of 10 as pred got the last nabs
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 15:49   #76
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Anyone got another link where to purchase them.

Need more than 1 set of 10 as pred got the last nabs
muhahahaha ill probablies only need about 7 or 8 of them

2 for digital bit and 1 each fo the needles (might, might not) and a few warning lights

best thing to do is ask him if he has any more, also some white ones on there, they might be interesting

Old 24th March 2007, 15:56   #77
richo
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
richo is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to behold

Yea i did think white also.

Shall see lol, i'll ask him if he has more.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 15:57   #78
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

yeah ask him if he has any more, there are others on ebay but cost more
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-BLUE-RED-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 24th March 2007, 16:10   #79
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

cheers ste i did see the bit out of the dash and could see the milage when there you cant see it from pics so must be the angle

i know how to adjust them

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 16:11   #80
Saxo-Slag
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Vtr @ 123bhp R.I.P VTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Saxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant future

I ment the code for the leds from maplins

Was Seanp06
Saxo-Slag is offline   Reply With Quote