Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 30th April 2008, 22:54   #101
Rootyuk
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): saxo 1.1i desire
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Rootyuk is a jewel in the roughRootyuk is a jewel in the roughRootyuk is a jewel in the rough

is it of any importance? or will i be fine just duck taping over it?
Old 4th May 2008, 20:11   #102
Rootyuk
Established Member

Rootyuk is a jewel in the roughRootyuk is a jewel in the roughRootyuk is a jewel in the rough

tried to de wiper today. BUT wen i tried to remove the nut that holds the wiper to the motor the thing just wouldnt budge at all. tried spraying wd40 on it and left it for ages but still wont budge.

I dont wanna put to much force onto undoing it as it might shatter the windscreen.

any ideas on what i could try next?
Old 4th May 2008, 20:19   #103
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

the actual nut off the spindle??

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 20:23   #104
Rootyuk
Established Member

yeah jus aint movin at all mate.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:18   #105
Lozza_vtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf Mk4 1.8T
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah i heard they can be very stubborn. Don't pull to hard or the rear window will smash. Some people take a hacksaw to the spindle just below the wiper arm. or if you know anyone with a wiper puller that will get it off.
Lozza_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 11:37   #106
Rootyuk
Established Member

dont i nheed to get the actual nut off before i use a puller?
Old 5th May 2008, 12:08   #107
Lozza_vtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf Mk4 1.8T
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!

Oh yeah, i thought you got the nut off. lol.

Could cut the spindle like others do.
Lozza_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 20:17   #108
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Do you mean the nut from inside the wiper arm, if so then it is'nt actually a nut at all, its made of very soft aluminium and is designed to expand on as it gets screwed on.

I have the same problem, i'm going to dremel mine off.

ManC
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 23:14   #109
Rootyuk
Established Member

dunno if its the same nut ur thinking about, im on about the one that is under the wiper arm cover thing on the outside, you pop the cover off and its just there.
Old 5th May 2008, 23:17   #110
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Theyre glued on, on most of the MK2s, so theyre basically impossible to get off without a puller. I sawed mine off at the wiper arm, as theyre cheap as fook to replace and the motor spindle doesnt get damaged
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 20:47   #111
Rootyuk
Established Member

probs do that then
Old 29th May 2008, 12:42   #112
CraN-VTS
L-plater

CraN-VTS is on a distinguished road

i had the same trouble, i just unscrewed the nud, covered it with WD-40, and had 1 hand on the wiper, and 1 hand on the motor and just pulled opposite directions while wiggling them, lol my neighbour was like wtf!

and i ordered them pug parts today! to my supprise he said should arive in 2 days, so should be interesting if they can do it, as i thought they were ment to be hard to get
CraN-VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 13:14   #113
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

the wiper isnt glued to the spindle its just the fact there two different metals and they fuse together over time

the nut just put a load of wd40 on before you start and it should come off, if not then your just gonna have to use a hack saw

Old 29th May 2008, 14:20   #114
scottsaxvtr
L-plater

Car(s): saxo vtr fiesta rs turbo
scottsaxvtr is infamous around these partsscottsaxvtr is infamous around these partsscottsaxvtr is infamous around these partsscottsaxvtr is infamous around these parts

pred whos that gal on your pic shes mighty fine rude boy cha ching
scottsaxvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 17:38   #115
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Cut mine off with a dremel (fixing nut & ali tube)

ManC
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 18:05   #116
Jak_Vts
Regular Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Cherry Red 106 Gti
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jak_Vts is on a distinguished road

might give this a go next week is it better to order the pug parts or just get a grommit from halfords?
Jak_Vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:32   #117
SaxoAlex
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): '07 zetec S
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
SaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of light

the guy selling those grommets on ebay for 4.99 each is on here!!! its R1CHO!! What a con man haha. i regonise the car, with the show cage and jap back box.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=124708
SaxoAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:36   #118
SaxoAlex
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): '07 zetec S
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
SaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and btw, i dewipered my car tonight. Great guide PRED!!! I used the grommet under the carpet, so cost me nothing to do.

The only thing that confused me was where you said you needed a nut and washer. If its not needed shouldn't you edit it out?
SaxoAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:42   #119
CraN-VTS
L-plater

CraN-VTS is on a distinguished road

naa alex, its coz the grommets can be pushed through, or removed by pranksters, were as the peugeot plug+washer+nut will secure it to the car so joksters cant mess with it, and it has been mentioned that the pug ones are more aesthetically pleasing
CraN-VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:42   #120
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

well them parts arent needed if your just using a rubber grommet mate

they are peugeot parts, im vey sure they will make them again, they tend to make the parts in batches, so you may not get them now but can get a hold of them in the future

well hopefully

im not really bothered as i have some