Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 5th December 2008, 00:07   #41
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If you act like a cock you will be banned either way.
when are you getting banned then

p.s. you free next week at all?
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 00:30   #42
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
when are you getting banned then

p.s. you free next week at all?
cunt, I tried to ban myself and it didnt work.

yes i can be free whyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 5th December 2008, 00:59   #43
Tim_W
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): MK1 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
Tbh the search function needs using more often, its in the rules, first thing you should do before posting as more than likely its been asked before

if you cant find anything then your not using the search function properly, theres a lot of different options you can use, i always seem to find the answer, hence why i dont post many threads up
When you read my reply try to exclude the really silly questions that people have asked from your mind. The one's we all find irritating, questions like which exhaust makes the loudest noise and which air filter would you recomend. Questions which in all honesty do get asked on a daily basis and should be stopped.

I agree with what your saying but surely even the most sensible questions anyone could ask about Saxo's have been covered at some point in SaxP's long history. Given that 9 times out of 10 most questions are supposed to be found by using the search function what would be a valid question ? If most questions have been covered before why do we have technical help sections where people can ask questions ? Lets just have sections with stickies containing advice, then we could put General Chat back at the top of the forum .
I am guessing Simo set up the site so enthusiasts could get together and talk cars, share knowledge and ask each other questions. I am not trying to be difficult or cause an argument but i fail to see what value the technical help sections have if people get told to search everytime they ask a question someone else thinks is invalid. Add to that the fact that most people simply give up on asking questions specific to them because they fear being reprimanded for using the search function. What happens when the search function throws up 'half arsed' answers that really don't cover it in a way the user wanted ? I have often trawled through pages of rubbish to get that one passage of text i need, that one post on page 10 of a 15 page thread with an answer. It would have saved me a hell of a lot of time just to man up and ask the people who know, its why i joined the site. Then the words Search, Search, Search, enter my head and i go back sifting through pages of crap for 'the' answer.

Tim

Last edited by Tim_W; 5th December 2008 at 01:03.
Tim_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 01:08   #44
dispin
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Lexus IS300
dispin is a jewel in the roughdispin is a jewel in the roughdispin is a jewel in the rough

I've also noticed this. Its true that you should search before you post so i can see where people are coming from. You also have to understand that somethings get filtered out of the searches. For example i searched for 'bonnet bra' and 'bra' was filtered out so i was unable to find what i wanted. I noticed someone was in a similar situation and a member posted 'search'. Even if you did you wont find anything. I know it goes both ways. Lots of new threads come up asking the same thing. Lots of members say search.
dispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 01:31   #45
gdex2008
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Posi blue furio - bit tatty atm. Cant wait till i
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
gdex2008 will become famous soon enoughgdex2008 will become famous soon enough

at the end of the day ... there is a limited number of tecnical questions that can be asked before repeats occur. By telling people to search its not benifiting the forum as all your going to get is the odd obscure question every so often that hasnt been asked and no discussion on other threads. In my opinion i dont care if the same question gets brought up again and again ... i use my discression and dont read threads i have already been through a million times. Its common sense. why do people feel they have to read everything?
gdex2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 12:40   #46
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

we only say search on the most commonly asked questions tbh, sometimes i will just answer it

black badges is probablies one of the more commonly asked questions

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 16:25   #47
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

tim i was gonna do that but couldnt be bothered lol

vts boi, chill out lol. is it bothering you that much

as said search only gets said really when shit load of the same questions are asked. as ryan said. 2 years, well more than that. of reading the same induction kit thread got so anoying. then stickies were made and people still dont look. anyway lol

Last edited by bullit; 5th December 2008 at 16:28.
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 16:49   #48
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

last but not least just use the report button if you think its not a constructive reply

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 16:57   #49
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

alex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant future

Just post a link pointing them in the right direction, not hard
Old 5th December 2008, 17:12   #50
Tim_W
Frequent Poster

Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
tim i was gonna do that but couldnt be bothered lol

vts boi, chill out lol. is it bothering you that much

as said search only gets said really when shit load of the same questions are asked. as ryan said. 2 years, well more than that. of reading the same induction kit thread got so anoying. then stickies were made and people still dont look. anyway lol
I have way too much time on my hands latley It was quite funny looking back at those threads

Quote:
last but not least just use the report button if you think its not a constructive reply
Cheer's mate . I think thats the answer we were looking for . Atleast people know that by reporting this sort of behaviour it will be looked into. Obviously you get to judge wether its worthy of any 'action' but atleast it will put a stop to some of the nuisances.

Tim
Old 5th December 2008, 19:12   #51
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

all im going to say is, i have been on here a few years now and it does get frustrating when people ask questions that are asked every 5 mins.

i.e avatar, premium membership etc.

i know noobs complain about people sayin search but wait till you have been on here a little while and you too will realise its annoying.
Old 5th December 2008, 19:53   #52
Tim_W
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
all im going to say is, i have been on here a few years now and it does get frustrating when people ask questions that are asked every 5 mins.

i.e avatar, premium membership etc.

i know noobs complain about people sayin search but wait till you have been on here a little while and you too will realise its annoying.
I have been on here long enough now to find it very annoying, however its not my place to say anything. Its down to the moderators/admin to tell people what to do and no one else. If i find a question annoying i simply don't read the thread let alone reply. Otherwise i would just be picking on random people and thats not good because it causes bad feeling. It is only natural for someone who has just joined what they 'beleive' to be a car enthusiasts website to wade in with all their car questions. Its ashame some members loose touch with what this site is really about. I guess thats why Simo moved the general chat section down the page, to try and focus peoples minds.

Tim
Old 5th December 2008, 22:53   #53
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

and brown noser of the year goes to......
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 23:41   #54
AshC
Established Member

Car(s): MG ZR...
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
AshC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'll 2nd that answer!!
AshC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 23:42   #55
Tim_W
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
and brown noser of the year goes to......
Damn was it that obvious , i was convinced i had disguised my intentions I had to get in while i still had chance though mate, not long left now and then i can start working towards Brown Noser 2009

Tim
Old 6th December 2008, 12:25   #56
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

i hate people on here who say use the search button. if everyone did that then there wouldnt be any new threads. i am more than happy to answer a new persons question, however many times it has been posted before. its not nice to join a site and immediatly get abuse from people.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 13:42   #57
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post
i hate people on here who say use the search button. if everyone did that then there wouldnt be any new threads. i am more than happy to answer a new persons question, however many times it has been posted before. its not nice to join a site and immediatly get abuse from people.
yeah but its a piss take when there is a thread below the one they just created which is exactly the same?
Or if people dont check the stickies at the top?

Bit harsh and immature HATING someone because they tell you to search? would you hate your mam if she told you to search for your car keys if you couldnt find them in the house

I can see how it is annoying to be told to search, but it aint rocket science.
Normally the people who tell people to search are the people who cover things over and over and over again.

Prime examples of un search threads where there is loads of results.

Cant get in for sale section
premium account not activated
car leaks
knocking noise
photos of lowered saxos
exhaust sound clips

do you know how many threads there is on the same thing over and over?

Here is a point for you all to look at

Why do nearlly all n00bs get annoyed and upset when someone tells you to search?
its got nothing to do with being nasty or being a cock as most people will say. (or as i got told a scotish fucking cunt, fuck off and eat some haggis [am not even scotish])

Its the fact that it will enable YOU to find out a solution to your problem quicker than waiting for someone to type yet ANOTHER essay out, at times if i can be bothered i will even search and post the link for them myself, but we are not your baby siter, members cant spoon food you all your life.

Quote:
VTS-Boi - if your in a rush you dont want to search for hours on end .... would anyone else do this? doubt it!
Quicker to search, than create a thread and wait for a detailed answer tbh.

I really dont know what you are suggesting in this thread????
If you have an issue with certain members use the report button, simple as that.

If people are too lazy to search and read then it's their problem at the end of the day.
People are not always going to spend time re writing something that is already there.

As stated by Kam-Racing its the internet people miss interprut what people say.

As for people saying if everyone searched sax-p would be dead. Take a look at how many members are on here at peak times. The place is far from dead imo just forever growing.

And another thing, it has nothing to do with whether someone is a premium member/moderator. And before some gives it the, well your a premium member! i have only been a premium member for a week or so

Think thats all i have to say

Last edited by Steve; 6th December 2008 at 14:09.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 14:16   #58
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

shut up steve..

No but seriously what you say makes sense!

I just get on with it on hee, i see abuse and i see help.

I can be cocky myself and sometimes unhelpfull i will admit but i do try my best sometimes and do have a good laff on here.

But there are a few, not many but some who just dig in at people and its not needed sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 14:20   #59
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_89 View Post
shut up steve..
Hope you get banned!

took me ages to type that had to keep editing it
Old 6th December 2008, 14:24   #60
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

lol you and many other will no i was joking ha!

Yeai can see it took you a while and there are some VERY valid points up there.

One thing i do agree with is what Kam said, about people coming across wrong, meh it is just the internet, some people do need to chil out abit
Quote:
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote