Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 8th September 2010, 01:22   #1
benvts10
L-plater

benvts10 is on a distinguished road
Default cam ajustment

valves hitting.

ok head was taken off yesterday, but when it was off i had noticed the the pistons had light dig marks, where the exhaust valves have been hitting. neways head was put back on with a new gasket and so on , the pully wheels on the end of the cams were pretty much back on there old marks, started the car and it sounded a bit knocky, i then reajusted the pully wheel clockwise and it shut up and run fine good news is i have no leaks and it runns fine, only down side thats bugging me is it seems to hit a little bit of a flat spot from 6k onwards where as befor it pulled quickly right through the revs, nedd to check that if the block is tdc and the cams are locked in the right place it shouldent hit???? and if i was to ajust them to see if it inproves my top end flat spot wich way do i need to rotate them
benvts10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 03:29   #2
Railroader
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i sx
Railroader is on a distinguished road

Has your head been skimmed too much? Using the right gasket [thicker]? the valves shouldnt hit at all. Just make sure sprockets are aligned to the correct marks, it the valves touch you kneed a new head,
Railroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 03:30   #3
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

vts? Use all locking holes and it wont be wrong.
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 14:12   #4
benvts10
L-plater

benvts10 is on a distinguished road

yep was all done on the timing marks and its fine. but as i said they have been hitting at some point. and i am sure that head has been skimmed yes, thats probably the problem as its using a stock gasket. how much can you pic a head up 4
benvts10 is offline   Reply With Quote