Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 22nd November 2011, 17:41   #1
Ben_Hellon

Ben_Hellon is on a distinguished road
Default Basic performance upgrades?

Hi guys,

As you can tell I'm new to this forum and currently searching for a vts.

Been browsing the engine/performance section for a while now and had a quick couple of questions.

The first 3 things I'll be doing when I get my saxo will be green cotton air filter, exhaust system and manifold.

Been looking on KamRacing and can anyone tell me from personal experience their preference between the KamRacing exhaust and the SuperSprint?

Also I've heard people mention SaxSport exhausts? Are these still buyable?

There's quite a few manifolds too... Can't really stretch to the budget of the SuperSprint so was wondering peoples experiences with sub £200 manifolds? I hear RaceLand has now stopped making them for the vts?

Thanks and Hello to everyone
Ben_Hellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:06   #2
f13sta
Established Member

Car(s): 1988 ford fiesta mk2 1.4- 2001 black saxo furio (d
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
f13sta is on a distinguished road

welcome to saxp mate.

err the supersprint and kam racing are sort of the same exhaust. apart from the kam racing is fully stainless and has a 2.25" tail pipe. personally i would pay the extra and get the full kam racing system (wich i have actually) rarther than the supersprint center and kam racing backbox option. (both are mare by supersprint anyways) . you can still get the saxsport.
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:08   #3
Ben_Hellon

Quote:
Originally Posted by f13sta View Post
welcome to saxp mate.

err the supersprint and kam racing are sort of the same exhaust. apart from the kam racing is fully stainless and has a 2.25" tail pipe. personally i would pay the extra and get the full kam racing system (wich i have actually) rarther than the supersprint center and kam racing backbox option. (both are mare by supersprint anyways) . you can still get the saxsport.
Where can you buy the saxsport systems from & thanks for the input
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:09   #4
Ben_Hellon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Hellon View Post
Where can you buy the saxsport systems from & thanks for the input
Ignore that the saxsport website wasn't loading for me hence I thought they had shut down, apologies.
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:33   #5
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

supersprint dont make our backboxes They made our latest batch of centre pipes though

The benefit of our KAM Racing exhaust system is its full stainless steel. We also worked on making it flow as best it can too.

If you compare to the saxsport ours is significantly better made and higher quality in materials and manufacture.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 03:57   #6
johnnyg_vts
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
johnnyg_vts will become famous soon enoughjohnnyg_vts will become famous soon enough

A good and cheap way of improving performance is to lose some weight. Eg spare wheel, sound deadening, that kind of thing.
johnnyg_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 09:21   #7
thecorporatemachine
Regular Poster
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 08 turbo panda 02 vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
thecorporatemachine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
supersprint dont make our backboxes They made our latest batch of centre pipes though

The benefit of our KAM Racing exhaust system is its full stainless steel. We also worked on making it flow as best it can too.

If you compare to the saxsport ours is significantly better made and higher quality in materials and manufacture.

Using stainless doesnt matter, my dad used to run an alfa 75 and had the same super sprint alu steel exhaust for 14 years!!! He only changed it because the car was being made road legal so got cated and quietend down
thecorporatemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 09:36   #8
m4tt274
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Fabia VRS, mk1 fiesta + some others
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
m4tt274 is on a distinguished road

The car wasnt road legal :/
that means it was never in salt and didnt do many miles, thats why it didnt matter that much.
my superspring is mild steel and only being about 2 years old its already pretty rusty.
im going to have to repaint it soon.
the stainless exhaust my dad has on his he takes off and polishes up like new about every 4 months or so, its 11 years old and has done nearly 70K but looks brand new minus a few scratches on the downpipe
m4tt274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 09:38   #9
m4tt274
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Fabia VRS, mk1 fiesta + some others
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
m4tt274 is on a distinguished road

supersprint*

on my VTR i have a toyo sport that new cost me £76 on ebay and it looks great and all fits perfectly. i cant tell the difference with performance as the different manifolds are maybe worth 0.5/1.5bhp between them. all improve performance though
m4tt274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 09:44   #10
ChAdS
Established Member

iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
ChAdS is on a distinguished road

I have one of those toyo sports manifolds good manifolds for the money didnt expect much but its great.
ChAdS is offline   Reply With Quote